Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-12, 05:32 PM  
mercedes

amazon uk

Does anyone know if amazon uk has changed their shipping policy? I used to be able to order from them to have the items delivered to a US address and now they specify in the order that they do not....

Anyone has inside info? I would love to be able to order fitness dvds from them again.

thanks
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 05:34 PM  
sherry7899

Really? I used to order from them all the time (books) but then I found another site that sells books from the UK with free worldwide shipping. Because of that I have not ordered from them in ages. That would be really odd if they would not ship to addresses in the United States.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 06:09 PM  
kiwichick

I'm in Australia, and order from 'both' amazons (UK and USA). Also ordered plenty of times from both whilst living in NZ for 10 years.

Both normally deliver with no problems, but on occasion I have had items that 'cannot be shipped to your default address'. This is normally if the item is being supplied by a second party (Gaiam is one that springs to mind). I think also sometimes global licensing issues come into play.

Don't know if that is what is happening in your case but hope that helps anyway!
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 07:16 PM  
NotThatGirl

I have ordered dvds and a book no problem. I just placed an order last week actually. I understand why, but I do wish they had some way to track your package so at least I knew when to look forward to the day it would be in the mail box haha.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-12, 07:53 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
I'm in Australia, and order from 'both' amazons (UK and USA). Also ordered plenty of times from both whilst living in NZ for 10 years.

Both normally deliver with no problems, but on occasion I have had items that 'cannot be shipped to your default address'. This is normally if the item is being supplied by a second party (Gaiam is one that springs to mind). I think also sometimes global licensing issues come into play.

Don't know if that is what is happening in your case but hope that helps anyway!
Like kiwichick I order from Australia from both Amazons with generally no problems. I too have found some items can't be shipped because of second party issues.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 12:17 PM  
woodmouth

Amazon.com has sellers who will not ship overseas e.g. APY60. It could be an item you wanted is from a seller who will not post it to the USA. Outcome saves me money. Seller loses order.
woodmouth is offline   Reply With Quote