Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-03-19, 10:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

craigslist - need consolation.

so i had been stalking craigslist for 3 months looking for a pilates pro chair. i've also been checking on local garage sale groups on Facebook.

this past Wednesday, i found a listing that was 3 days old ($30, purple, with all of the Jennifer Galardi workouts) and immediately texted the seller. seller said the next available time was Fri 12-4 or Sat at noon. i said Sat at noon would be best. she texts me on Friday at 12:13 that it was sold! i texted her back saying "had i known there was another buyer i would have negotiated with you. thanks though for letting me know."

i was so bummed. the only other listings for this thing are on Maui!

i hope to have my precious soon when another listing shows up.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 06:50 AM  
cam522

I'm sorry that happened to you, especially since you've been looking for a while.

If you were the first person to inquire about it then I feel the seller should of said to the next buyer "it's pending" and then get back with you to ask if you're still interested because there is another buyer. That's what I do if I there are 2 buyers inquiring about something I'm selling.

Hopefully you'll be able to find another one soon!!

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 07:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Bummer, Jeannine. I'm sorry your hopes were raised just to be dashed. I hope that you find another one soon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 07:19 AM  
alisoncooks

Bummer! She should've let you know you were 2nd in line!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 12:55 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

What a real bummer! I hope you will find other one soon.

It sounds like as you said Saturday and the other person was available on Friday, she went with that other person. I agree, if you contacted her first, she should have let you know, that there were another person interested and that she/he could pick it up on Friday, and ask you if you were still interested or if you could come sooner.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 04:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks everyone. really appreciate your comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
I'm sorry that happened to you, especially since you've been looking for a while.

If you were the first person to inquire about it then I feel the seller should of said to the next buyer "it's pending" and then get back with you to ask if you're still interested because there is another buyer. That's what I do if I there are 2 buyers inquiring about something I'm selling.

Hopefully you'll be able to find another one soon!!
yes - that has been my experience in the past.

several years ago, i saw an ad and i was the first to contact the seller. i made an appointment to see it and while checking it out, the seller said that there were many people who called after i did, so i'd need to make a decision quickly. i went ahead and bought it on the spot - a Roland FP-7 keyboard.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 05:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sorry you missed out Jeannine! I have a Malibu Pilates chair collecting dust & I’d be happy to gift it to you if I lived closer!

I think some sale sites and apps have rules about who gets first dibs on an item, while others are a first come basis. I don’t know about Craig’s List. As a seller it is tough if you get inundated with potential buyers. I done a lot of selling through the VarageSale app and the rules say the first person who messages you about the item has a certain amount of time (I believe it’s 12 hours) to contact you and set up a firm meet time. If they don’t then you can move on to the next person. They are quite strict about it. VarageSale has a feedback system for sellers & buyers so it’s in one’s best interest to do things by the book. It often operates on an honor system, I’ve left things by the back door with a container for $ and done the opposite when I’ve picked things up. Never had an issue.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 07:40 PM  
Ricka

Aw man! That is really too bad you missed that. I really hope you will find an even better deal very soon.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 07:48 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

So sorry that happened! But fwiw at least the seller let you know. I had a similar circumstance where the seller couldn't be bothered to let me know; then took forever to respond to my text confirming my appointment with her. (At which point she finally said, "Oh it's not available any more".)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote