Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-11, 07:01 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I remember back when the kettlebell craze began Tony was saying that kettlebells were dangerous and that everyone he knew who used them got injured from them. Of course, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Beachbody didn't have any kettlebell workouts and that many people were comparing the workouts favorably to P90X...
Colour me cynical, but I would not be at all surprised if Tony brought out a kettlebell workout in the not-too-distant future.
Old 05-01-11, 07:20 AM  
Blackadar

P90X2 (or P90X MC2) is supposed to be out at the end of this year. 14 new workouts that supposedly make P90X look easy.

1 Mobility (new stretch & recovery?)
2 Chest, Back & Balance
3 P.A.P. Upper
4 P.A.P. Lower
5 Plyocide
6 Base & Back
7 Balance & Power (this one has yet to be confirmed)
8 Yoga (not sure of the official title)
9 V Sculpt
10 Ab Ripper X2 (ARX2)
11 Shoulders & Arms
12 Total Body X (TBX)
13 Core Synergistics 2?
14 MMX?
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 08:54 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
What does P.A.P. stand for ?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 09:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'd like to see "PPT-RX" - (Power Physical Therapy and Rehab X).

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 05:08 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
I love Beachbody! I can't wait for the new P90X!!
I wish Debbie Siebers would do a Slim Series Part 2
Wow! Slim Series part 2 would be awesome!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 05:22 PM  
horusosiris

I would love Shaun T to do a kettlebell workout
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 09:01 AM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
What does P.A.P. stand for ?
Post Activation Potential. I have no idea what Post Activation Potential means, though.
Old 05-02-11, 09:44 AM  
enduranceron

PAP = Post Activation Potentiation

Some info from a coach's site:
Well the newest and more extreme version of P90X will becoming filming later this month. The new P90X will be called P90X MC2 ( Muscle Confusion ) or just P90X2; from what I hear they have not made up their minds yet. P90X MC2 will be for graduates of P90X just as P90X was for graduates of those who did Power 90. Steve Edwards of Beachbody has been posting MC2 updates on his Blog. To make P90X more extreme Beachbody enlisted the help of Dr. Marcus Elliott. Elliot owns a training facility called P3 that works with only elite atheletes. They use a system called PAP ( Post Activation Potentiation ). According to Steve Edwards; PAP is a “complex training which involves combining high load strength movements with biomechanically similar plyometric / ballistic movements as a means of taking advantage of Post Activation Potentiation, a phenomenon that refers to enhancement of muscle function as a result of its contractile history.” I am not sure what all that means so we will have to wait and see for ourselves when it is released at the end of the year. Volume 3 of Tony’s One on One Workout system is called the making of MC2 and has alot of the exercises that will be used in MC2.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 12:28 PM  
Blackadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dironstarr View Post
PAP = Post Activation Potentiation

Some info from a coach's site:
Well the newest and more extreme version of P90X will becoming filming later this month. The new P90X will be called P90X MC2 ( Muscle Confusion ) or just P90X2; from what I hear they have not made up their minds yet. P90X MC2 will be for graduates of P90X just as P90X was for graduates of those who did Power 90. Steve Edwards of Beachbody has been posting MC2 updates on his Blog. To make P90X more extreme Beachbody enlisted the help of Dr. Marcus Elliott. Elliot owns a training facility called P3 that works with only elite atheletes. They use a system called PAP ( Post Activation Potentiation ). According to Steve Edwards; PAP is a “complex training which involves combining high load strength movements with biomechanically similar plyometric / ballistic movements as a means of taking advantage of Post Activation Potentiation, a phenomenon that refers to enhancement of muscle function as a result of its contractile history.” I am not sure what all that means so we will have to wait and see for ourselves when it is released at the end of the year. Volume 3 of Tony’s One on One Workout system is called the making of MC2 and has alot of the exercises that will be used in MC2.
There ya go.

I have no idea what any of that means, but there it is.
Old 05-02-11, 12:47 PM  
Eibhinn

As an academic, my job is essentially to try to parse meaning from complex texts and social situations, but this sentence is giving me a run for my money....

“complex training which involves combining high load strength movements with biomechanically similar plyometric / ballistic movements as a means of taking advantage of Post Activation Potentiation, a phenomenon that refers to enhancement of muscle function as a result of its contractile history.”

As far as I can tell that means taking a particular movement and doing both an unweighted/plyometric version of it and also doing the same movement under high weight, I think so that the muscle memory of having done a powerful plyometric version of the movement will help you do it more powerfully under weight. Maybe. I am no kinesiologist.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, body beast, brazil butt lift 2, debbie siebers, p90x2, p90x:mc2, tai cheng, tony horton