Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-10, 01:47 PM  
desderata

I've been a well rounded vidiot (weights, cardio and stretch) for about 20 years. Prior to CLX I lifted regularly, mostly Cathe stuff from Bodyblast on back. I think I had decent strength and definition from that (of course, I would have more definition if I didn't love to eat so much). CLX definitely made me stronger, smaller, tighter and more defined. It was a completely different experience because of the focus on going absolutely as heavy as possible for a very limited number of reps, plus the slow pace. I now believe that a lot of my moderate weight, unending repetition Cathe workouts are less effective and not a good use of time. I haven't tried STS, so I can't compare that with CLX. I do know that I never had the dread factor with CLX that I used to have facing some of Cathe's weight workouts.j

I've also realized that somehow Chalene's coaching during the workouts finally got through to me and I started really putting my mind in the muscle for the first time. I now do that for all my workouts, and I think that mental focus makes lifting more effective.

So, yeah, I love CLX and I'll be starting another rotation Aug 1.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 04:07 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Did you see more improvement each time you did it, or just strength gains over all?
Mostly muscle mass. Each time I do STS my muscles are more defined and when I go to something else I lose it.

I did get stronger with the first round, but I didn't with the second and third. But I did the third round as an undulation rotation and I don't think that worked as well for strength or mass gains, although it made it a bit more interesting to do.
Old 07-23-10, 04:14 PM  
ellaenchanted

I definitely got stronger doing CLX. And it made me love push ups! I've never done STS so I can't compare but CLX did give me the confidence to try out other comprehensive/rotation-based lifting programs. I am thinking of buying STS at some point. Right now, I am doing my second rotation of CLX.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 07:42 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

This is the second time I've started a CLX rotation. Yes, I've noticed strength gains with CLX (just finished the Burn phase...last summer I got through the third week of push and then just switched to something else altogether...yes, it was strange). My eating is less than stellar, but a friend noted I looked like I'd lost weight. There's not so much dread with CLX...the heat is draining the life out of me, but I always think: well, it's ONLY a little over 30 minutes long...
ETA: I've never done STS, but have been working out consistently for about seven and a half years now...
Old 07-24-10, 06:46 AM  
dsa3

Smile

Hey thanks, all! This has been VERY informative. I did not want to get my hopes up for results that would not happen given I do workout with Cathe and Amy.
I guess with CLX, the idea is to put it all out there for the 30ish minutes - go all out.
I recall doing Shred back in Jan/feb. Nothing really happen at first but I read a thread here and someone said (I think woodie, but not sure) that she was using considerably heavier weights than Jillian (10s and 12s).
Well, I tried that and went ALL OUT with the cardio and I got results of losing a couple of pounds and leaning up, especially in the abs. Using 3's and 5's was not going to do it.
So, I guess if I plunge into CLX, my focus has to be different than with my longer Cathe's.
Hopefully, at the end of August the heat won't continue to drain the life out of us.
dsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 01:51 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I lost 20lbs with CLX. I still consider it my best fitness purchase ever. This was my 1st time doing heavy lifting and actually completing a rotation. So, I think the style of training along with the consistency really worked for me. But, whenever someone asks me about short, effective workouts, I always recommend CLX.

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:24 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I lost 15 lbs doing CLX. My sister lost 15 lbs doing it too. I still have about 15 lbs to go. My sister on the other hand does not need to lose another pound and looks great. She is cut. I love the short workouts. It's the heaviest I have ever lifted. I cannot compare to Cathe because I have not done her workouts. I can say that people commented that I look thinner and I am proud of my accomplishment. I love CLX.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx, clx rotations, sts, sts weights