Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-20, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did workout 1A from MR's Perfect in 10, a 54 minute walk and 60 kettlebell swings. I am planning a walk and more today.

NORA, great job with your workouts and walks. Good luck with your weigh-in.

Waves to all. Stay well!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 04:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I think the one I tried was copied from a VHS. No chance to skip ahead there. In the past few years I've noticed that we have changed how we eat a little more drastically though the seasons. I rarely want to eat anything hot in the summer. We are having crockpot Asian chicken tonight.

Nora, I hear you on the highlight of the day! Yesterday I was denied entrance to Aldi's because they are only letting one person per family into the store. We decided to go somewhere else, where I can pick out my own produce. While I understand their point to keep the numbers in the store down, I was a little put out that I didn't get to go to my favorite place this week. I'm not sure what they are doing in other cases. I was supposed to weigh today but I chickened out.

Our church is organizing a drive by parade of thanks at a local hospital tomorrow. I'm excited about that, too.

Monday I did Gymra's 30m weightloss cardio. Hubby wouldn't let me post because he was backing up the computer which is still acting funny.

Yesterday no workout.

Today I did Up To The Beat Fitness' 30m Walk and Tone.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk in the afternoon and 80 kettlebell swings after dinner. I am planning another walk today and hopefully more, weights or pilates. It's been colder the past few days, windy and more winter-like, so I need to remember to wear my gloves and scarf. I got out of the habit the past few weeks.

PENGUIN, good job keeping up with the workouts. I had meatballs left over from Sunday dinner so we had meatball sandwiches last night for dinner . The drive by parade sounds awesome. DS and I were walking the other night and a long line of police cars and fire engines with lights flashing were driving down the street. I thought it might be for the healthcare workers but we were on a quiet residential street so it didn't make sense. Then someone on GD suggested it might be a birthday parade which made more sense. NJ is a hotspot for the virus second only to NY so shopping is quite stressful here. Masks are mandatory to go into any store. DH does the shopping alone, he doesn't want anyone else to go. It's scary out there.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-16-20, 02:03 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did STS back and Tris and a 40 minute walk
Yesterday, one hour walk.

SB - Yes, it's colder here too. I had on hat, mitts and down jacket both days. But things are supposed to go back to warmer on Saturday. I'm sure for NJ too.

PP - I chickened out on the weigh-in too, and that is never a good sign! As for shopping, I haven't been into any store for 6 weeks. We order on-line and do a pick up. DH is threatening to do an early morning Costco run some day, but frankly I wish he just wouldn't.
Old 04-17-20, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did workout 1B from MR's Perfect in 10 and I added on the core pretzel toner from CF Lean & Toned. I also did a 44 minute afternoon walk with DS. It was really blustery out there so we cut our walk shorter than usual. I am planning another walk today and hopefully more.

NORA, great job with STS and your walks. I am tempted to try the online shopping but my sister told me she rarely gets all she needs and the delivery time is 3 weeks or more. Some stores aren't even doing it anymore. Crazy times.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well!
Old 04-17-20, 11:54 AM  
sbh

TGIF everyone! Strange weather here, rain, then sunny and warm, then windy and cold, and rain again today. I just don't know how to dress. I am not looking forward to 100+. Well, except for the veggie and flower gardens, I can live without the hot weather now.

Finally found some toilet paper!! We have still been going grocery shopping at Walmart each week. I am an introvert and love being at home so this self isolation situation is right up my alley. I just read that our county is lifting the ban on playing disc golf. Yeah!! As soon as the weather clears up here, we will be back on the course.

I treated myself to Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles set this week. Not sure how long it will take to get here from Collage. I wanted to trade for it, but trading here at VF has been very sporadic and now there are only about seven trade lists up. Sigh...I like physical property. Streaming free workouts is ok, but sometimes the internet is not. So I guess I will keep all the workouts that I have, even the ones I wanted to trade. Now I will just buy new dvd's when I want something different.

S-rest
M-KCM Cardio Quick Fix #1
T-major cleaning + JS 1 Mile Walk & Talk
W-KCM Trim & Tone Intervals
T-Lets Dance Low Impact Workout
F-Chris Freytag 321 Workout

Waves to all of you. Have a great weekend.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 08:51 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today: Yoga for Flex/Stress with Alan Finger. I haven't done that one in a long while, but I liked it. Then, because I thought I wouldn't walk due to It"S COLD, I did a CIA step workout oldie by Faith Scaranzi. Finally, I went for a 30 minute walk, as the temperature and conditions improved.

SB - We have to put in our order by midnight Monday, then pick up on Thursday. True, there's always something missing, so we do a porch pick-up with our more local grocery with pick-up on Friday or Saturday. But of course, I live in a different situation from you in terms of population. It's not a problem for us.

Sherri- I'm with you on the physical property. I seem to waste a lot of time when I deviate from that! Mostly, I can't be bothered. I guess we are opposite ends of the weather spectrum. As much as I would hate living in your too hot climate, you'd hate living in my too cold one, no doubt.
Old 04-18-20, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did the Fast Track premix from KCM's Body Shop and a 47 minute afternoon walk. It's raining now but it's supposed to clear up later so I'm hoping for a walk and more today.

SHERRI, very nice workout week. I'm hoping your back has improved.
I don't do a lot of Leslie but I do like the Miracle Miles set. Did you get the band that comes with it? I like that band. I don't mind the social distancing () but I wish I could go to the stores more freely. I doubt that will happen here for a very long time though.

NORA, very nice workout day for you. I'm a warm weather person and always wanted to move to a more moderate climate. NJ actually isn't too bad except for the few winter months but even that's becoming too much for me.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
Old 04-19-20, 09:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

The rain did stop around midday yesterday but it remained cloudy and cold and I couldn't motivate myself to walk outdoors. So I signed up for the callanticstv free trial and did Sandra Hanna's body beautiful workout. I really enjoyed it !!
I am looking forward to trying a few more during the free trial. I do plan a walk today and maybe some more callanetics.

Waves to all!! Have a great day!
Old 04-19-20, 03:02 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, a birthday parade makes a lot of sense. I've seen stories about those on the news. Glad your enjoyed Sandra's workout. I've heard a lot about free trials these days. My library app even allows us to check out 5 books now rather than 3.

Sherri, I'm glad to hear that you get to get out and do something you love. We've been going to a Walmart on the edge of town, which seems to have less traffic than the ones closer to us. Win for everyone, but its a long drive out there and back.

Nora, Wednesday is the day I weigh, but I haven't tried it again either. Frankly I just don' t want to know. I figure I'm doing the best I can-ish

I haven't done a indoor cardio workout because I've been working out in the yard. I've gotten 2.5 beds cleared out and mulched. We discovered Cindy has made herself a home in one of the beds {the .5 bed} so I pulled out the Guacamole Hosta I had planted there and pulled up the rest of the weeds, planning to mulch it. As soon as I did that she moved to another part of the bed so maybe the weeds were comfy and now she's mad that I've pulled them up. If only I could ask her? Its raining today, so I might do a easy walk to limber us my sore muscles.

No word on Hubby's job or the school reopening, but I'm hopeful since the bans are being lifted. He says he's feeling useless, even though he's busy around the house and cars. I told him today that someday he's going to be back at work wishing he was home with me.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote