Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-20, 10:59 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So the guilt from never posting a workout finally got to me.

Today I did Up To The Beat Fitness' Soul Session walk and Superbowl Inspired walk. Doing the walks felt good, made me feel good about myself and Hubby even did a few minutes with me.

We went to Lowes today and bought a few herbs and tomato plants for the front porch. We also got some mulch. I need to start weeding the backyard. While its supposed to storm on Sunday, I saw a few weather advisories for the South on Sunday, the rest of the week looks like it will be nice.

Nora, thanks for the kudos. I decided to donate the rest of the masks I'm making to the Mature Adults SS teacher. He would be better able to get them to the people who need them the most.

SB, we still haven't done an evening walk. Hubby was busy today working on his and his sister's car. She got a job at Kroger's and starts Saturday. Funny but she got a job at the one I used to work at, Ha Ha. Hubby used to work at a different Krogers so its kind of a family tradition.

Tammie, we noticed that some of the city parks are still open. There's one near us with a walking path we could take Cindy on. They have moved up the closing time to 6pm rather than sunset, which is now closer to 7:30.

Stay well!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 07:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workout yesterday. It was cloudy and chilly, felt like winter again, there was even some snow flurries and I had no motivation to go outside and walk.
I couldn't even muster up my old standby Winsor B&T. Hopefully today is a better day, planning a walk and more.

PENGUIN, nice job doing a workout and good for hubby joining in a little .
Good luck to your sister-in-law at her new job. Is that a grocery store? It's a tough time to work at a grocery store now, good for her.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 03:44 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Thanks for the link, Tammie. I haven't done it yet, but I will

SB- I'm in the same boat as you as far as weather. I skipped my walk for two days in a row due to unrelenting rain mixed with snow at times. Yuck. I did walk a bit today, but it was cold.

PP-Glad the guilt got to you and you did a workout!

Thursday: Barbara Benagh Hip openers and Dance StepI Mark Hendrickson
Friday: STS legs and Dance Step2 with Mark
Today: Cardio Collectibles (Christi) and a 30 min. walk
Old 04-11-20, 10:53 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, yes, Kroger's is a grocery store. The pretty much have the market covered here in Memphis{ha, pun not intended but that was funny}. Hubby and I usually shop at Aldi's or Walmart, but the nearest store to us in a Kroger, so what can we do. Kroger's is more expensive, also they have a seafood counter that always smells fishy, doesn't bother me but Hubby has a problem being in the back of the store because of his seafood allergy. His lungs start to burn.

Nora, I think you're exactly right when you said the guilt got to me. I bet after all that your legs were tired on Friday!

Today I did no formal workout but we did go to Lowe's twice. I wanted to get some things for the porch container garden and it took two trips to two different stores. We bought two types of tomatoes, a pepper and several herbs, including two basil and a big pot of lavender! I got them all planted, watered and mulched. We also impulse purchased two teal, plastic Adirondack chairs for the backyard but actually set them up in the front yard under the tree. Eventually they will get moved to the back.

Old 04-12-20, 05:02 AM  
sbh

Happy Easter! I forgot to post my workouts for last week.

S-rest
M-JS Steady State Cardio w/2# hand weights
T-JS Disco Dance Party + 15m Upper Body Blast
W-KCM Cardio Core
T-Leslie Sansone Fast 30m Walk + JS 15m Upper Body Blast
F-Let's Dance

My back is a bit better. I decided to do lighter workouts just in case. I will come back later and read all the posts.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 07:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy Easter !!

Yesterday I made up for my mopey Friday. I did most of SS Tone It Up, I skipped some of the lunge track and one of the lower body floor work moves, but it was still a good 40 minute workout. In the afternoon, I did a 50 minute walk. I am planning a walk for today if I go a little earlier than usual, because I'll be cooking Easter dinner after that. Not sure what else I'll do if anything.

NORA, nice job keeping up with your workouts through the crappy weather.
We're getting some intense weather tomorrow supposedly.

PENGUIN, good work getting your plants started. We don't usually get our tomatoes and herbs in until late May. That's terrible about the seafood dept at Kroger's.

SHERRI, nice workout week. Glad to hear your back is improving. Lighter workouts was the way to go.

Waves to all!! Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-12-20, 03:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Happy Easter, you guys!

Today I did Nick's Men's Mile, which Hubby did with me, and I added on Pahla B's 1m walk/run.

We had thunderstorms and heavy rains last night that kept waking me up.

Sherri, good to see you. I hope your back is feeling better.

SB, I'm making meatloaf for dinner. Not exactly traditional Easter fare but I'm thinking more of sandwiches for next week. We've switched to 'summer food' and are basically living on sandwiches now. Good job on the SS workout. I tried one of those once, not chaptered and it just seemed to go on forever!

Old 04-13-20, 08:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk with DH before all the cooking and eating and then a burst and a short walk with DS after dinner to try to offset the aforementioned eating. Today is a stormy day so I'll be doing something indoors.

PENGUIN, nice job to you and hubby on the walking workout. Meatloaf sandwiches sound yummy. That's a great idea to eat sandwiches in the summer. I am trying to do lighter dinners in general because it's hard to get ingredients now and we're just eating more throughout the day so it makes sense to go light for dinner. SS workouts are chaptered in the sense that when something is getting too monotonous I just hit the "next" button and it goes on to the next exercise. I use that a lot with these workouts.

Waves to all! Stay well everyone!
Old 04-14-20, 10:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a mat workout from XB Pilates, that's Andrea Leigh Rogers streaming site. She's offering a 30 day free trial so I thought I would check it out. I enjoyed it. The rain finally stopped at dinner time so DS and I did a 46 minute walk after dinner. I am planning a walk today and maybe another XB Pilates workout.

Waves to all. Stay safe and well!!
Old 04-14-20, 05:50 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hey everyone. I hope you are all keeping your sanity!

Sunday: One hour walk
Monday: STS CSB and a half hour walk.
Today: STS Legs (decided to get that sucker out of the way early in the week), Advanced Cardio with Andre Houle, and a short little walk.

Tammie - for some reason I thought your link was to a youtube thing. I have yoga books and really should make more use of them, I guess.

SB - Nice job on the workouts and walking.

PP and SB - I'm eating way more these days! We are making killer dinners every night, just cuz it's the highlight of the day. Tomorrow, I step on the scale.