Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-01, 10:48 AM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Question how about Kicked Up Step

I traded away Kicked Up Step after only one viewing several months ago.

Now I'm wondering if I was a bit hasty. I mean, you gotta admire the astronaut outfit.

Did you like this tape? How's the intensity and choreography?

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 10:56 AM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Same here

Too funny...I traded mine after one viewing also. Thought the cuing was terrible. I just stuck it back on my wish list because I keep thinking it looks like so much fun - maybe I could do it. Maybe....
Old 12-01-01, 11:36 AM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I like it Jane.

I think I've pretty much decided that I don't like pure kickboxing but I do like the way those kicks feel so getting a mix like this was perfect. The reviews were pretty accurate about the first section being intermediate and the second closer to low advanced, but I felt like I got a decent workout. The conditioning did the job, as well.

Donna K in NJ
Old 12-01-01, 12:11 PM  
kimjo
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

I traded away Kicked Up Step after doing it a couple of times and I really don't understand why because it was really a lot of fun. I have also been thinking of buying it again or putting it on my wish list. I guess one thing I really liked about it was that it combined two things I like - step and kickboxing. Sometimes I get bored doing step for 45 - 60 minutes so the combination of the two is pretty interesting I think. Plus, I liked Becky's personality alot.
Old 12-01-01, 12:55 PM  
Bev K.
VF Supporter

Love it!

Hi Jane!

I love Kicked Up Step! Just did it again yesterday and as many times as I've done it I'm still not tired of it. It's probably just personal preference like any other like or dislike but I've found the pure kickboxing tapes are not my style, I like something else mixed in with the kickboxing, such as step or a little hi/lo. Cathe's Cardio Kicks is another example although, for me, it has too much jumping and hi impact plus it feels just a tad too fast. I've yet to find any other kickboxing tape I like as well.

Re: Intensity - when I do Kicked Up Step I am drenched with sweat and my lats are always slightly sore the next day. I really try to use a lot of force with my kicks and punches which gets my heart rate up there. No wimpy punching or kicking!!

As far as the choreography goes I think it is definitely easy to learn. She does some turns and a couple of things that take a few tries to get right (at least for me anyway) but nothing that is terribly complicated.

Some people have said they didn't like Becky's outfit or comments but I don't mind either of them; again, probably just a personal preference. I actually like to hear a little enthusiasm, it makes me smile! And as far as the outfit, hey, it takes a pretty confident woman to wear it - gotta love her for that!!

I hope Lydia chimes in here, she loves this tape too (and I think I remember Germaine liked it too). Maybe they can add some stuff I've forgotten.
and expecting different results.
Bev K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 02:57 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Not for stumblers!

I really wanted to learn this workout. Becky is fun, the moves are fun, her outfit is fun, the step/kickbox style is fun. But her cueing is awful. I kept trying and couldn't get past the warm-up! As I've said a thousand times - I sure wish Gin would do a step/kickbox video.

(I understand that "Chizel-It" is a similar style. I have that one on my wish list.)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 03:18 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Wink Thanks everyone

I'm going to put it on my wish list. Alta, I remember your review - Tripped Up Step - funny!

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 03:28 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Talking hee hee

I also sold Kicked Up Step after just one viewing. It was my latest attempt to find out if there's *any* kickboxing styles\instructors I like. Leslie
LeslieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 05:18 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I like it too

Alta, you might want to try at least the first section. The warm-up does have a reverse turn move that isn't cued well. The second section is also more choreographed.

I think this video is a lot of fun. I also put a lot of force into my punches, elbows, etc. and I get a good upper body workout. One time, I made the mistake of doing this video the day after my upper body day. I was thinking it would be my cardio video. My back muscles were sore for two days after.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 05:21 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Definitely put it back on your wish list.

This is the best step/kickboxing tape on the market, but then again, there isn't very many to begin with.

It's funny, but Becky's outfit never bothered me, but her whooping can be a bit ear piercing, so I have to have the volume turn down a bit.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote