Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-04, 03:22 PM  
doskymom

Someone talk me into/out of buying BSS3...

I got my new Collage catalog and I'm tempted to get the BSS3 - it looks like it might be fun with the new improved box. Then I start thinking that with all the stuff I already have - regular step, bosu, ramp, etc...maybe I'd be better off just buying a variety of other workouts...

So, do those of you that have BSS3 really enjoy it? Would I be missing out on much if I passed this one by?????
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 03:29 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I have three words for you--no more gadgets! I tried Calorie Killer this morning, and while I've grown to like the 6-pack Firms, the (over)use of gadgetry just kills me.

That said, I don't have the BSS3 workouts, and maybe you could just do them with what you have. Just SEEING all those gadgets drives me nuts though!
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 04:28 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

I really love it!

For a longtime Firmie (started w/ the Firm in '92), the BSS3 set is the one I reach for the most, in addition to the pre-Goodtimes Firms. I don't really reach for the BSS1 or BSS2 sets, but I reach for the BSS3. (Even though I really like BSS2 - they just don't "call out" to me).

The replacement box makes a HUGE difference. I got the original set from Goodtimes and the box would definitely scoot away when lunging on it, so I always worked out very "tentatively". Now that I have the replacement box, I can give it my all, and wow - these workouts are intense once you aren't worried about killing yourself on the box! Even the short 30 min workouts are intense.

I also think the music and the set in these are the best of the Goodtimes era.

I have the add-on's on order from Collage and I can't wait to get those, as well.

Firm Yoga, however, doesn't call to me much, either. I use it, but I have other, better yoga workouts that I do more often.

Good luck! Let us know what you do!

Chris
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-04, 04:32 PM  
kimjo
VF Supporter

Thumbs up I love it too!

I am going to have to vote that you get it. I got mine the first week in March and I swear I have hardly done any other workouts in my collection since then. They are just so much fun to me and I actually like the Box!
Old 08-24-04, 04:54 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

See responses to GymRatt's questions

Doskymom,

See this thread for my comments & others in response to GymRatt's same query:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=54508

I still think that folks on the fence should hold out and order Stephanie's workout from an online retailer ($13 at Overstock.com), they're being released 9/21/04. Try it out (on a regular step) before you invest in the entire BSS3 set. Better than being at the mercy of GoodTimes
Old 08-25-04, 02:39 PM  
Videophile

I posted this before but

The Benson sisters are at this moment filming 12 new workouts which they promise will rival the Firm Classics. They'll be released in December. I'm holding out for that.

Nancy
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 02:42 PM  
doskymom

I didn't order yesterday after reading your responses and also knowing that I'm going to want Kathy Smith's new workouts when they come out and I think Pratima might be right about all the gadgets and I already have quite a few...

Dawn,

What's the title of Stephanie's workout?
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-04, 03:18 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Stephanies = "Total Muscle Shaping"

Doskymom,

Stepanie's workout is "Total Muscle Shaping." I had a link in the other thread to it on Overstock where it's selling for $13...

Good luck!