Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-20-19, 08:18 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I'd like to know what level each Live (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) is. Is there any place it shows that?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 08:26 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I'd like to know what level each Live (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) is. Is there any place it shows that?
I’d say most Lives are higher intermediate to advanced but there’s a lot of people in the class that modify. One of the cool things about Live is the real life participants, they’re all ages, shapes and sizes. Once in a while there’s even a guy I feel like they’re harder than ICE workouts so that could be a good gauge whether you would enjoy them.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 08:36 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Oh nice! I’m interested in the PHA ones
Those are the ones I'm interested too. I love those workouts. I'll likely get a couple of the step workouts too. I wish she'd come up with package deals ( a VFer is never satisfied).

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 10:41 PM  
Loriann

Here I am to enable! The PHA ones are all great, but her Giant Set are too. Giant Sets on Live are different than her Giant Sets on DVD since she doesn’t go above a 15# dumbbell (except when she combines weights for back) or a 40-45# barbell. I have marked excellent by all three of the Giant Sets.

I do also really like her step workouts, but they are not very polished and she loses her place in a few of them.... but they are usually a bit more straightforward than some of her DVDs with less complex choreography so easy to do the first time through and lots of fun!

For those of you looking at all the lower body options, “Oh my Quad” has an “excellent” note by it as well as an asterisk noting that I felt this one for days. There are a lot of deadlifts so it is not entirely quad based. Also “We’re Talkin Legs” a favorite.

For those of you looking for a little less intensity, I have marked “Low Impact Step Bootcamp” and “Supersets” as intermediate.

Lori
Old 09-20-19, 11:02 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny View Post
Here's a link to 2 Lazy 4 the Gym's Cathe Live Reviews in case anyone wants to check those out - https://2lazy4gym.com/cathe-live/. I don't think there's anything later than 2016 though.
And here’s another source of some Live reviews organized by type too! https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/cathe-live

I have a Cathe subscription for both on demand and Live and it’s money well spent for me!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 11:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I just spent some time looking at the youtube clips -- wow, that's a lot of workouts! I'm pretty sure I've come to the conclusion that it's crazy (for me) to buy them -- I should just subscribe when I'm ready to do a lot of Cathe again, which could be soon. Now I need to figure out realistically what it would be like to stream her live workouts.

Thanks for the links and for the tips on individual workouts!!
Old 09-20-19, 11:28 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
I’d say most Lives are higher intermediate to advanced but there’s a lot of people in the class that modify. One of the cool things about Live is the real life participants, they’re all ages, shapes and sizes. Once in a while there’s even a guy I feel like they’re harder than ICE workouts so that could be a good gauge whether you would enjoy them.

Jane
Thanks - that helps a lot!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 03:39 AM  
IceQueen07

This may be a dumb question but how do I download the free one to my ipad and save it. I can bring it up on the ipad and play it, but how do I save it?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 08:31 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnee View Post
And here’s another source of some Live reviews organized by type too! https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/cathe-live

I have a Cathe subscription for both on demand and Live and it’s money well spent for me!

Ronnee
Thank you for the link Ronnee

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 08:35 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
doesn't look like you can preview the downloads....
She said she'll be adding these... They are side tracked with other projects right now.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, cathe live downloads, cathe live favorites, cathe live spreadsheet