Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-19, 06:49 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

September 2019 Classical Stretch and Essentrics Check in---all welcome!

Welcome to the September Classical Stretch/Essentrics check in! Please join us whether you do these workouts occasionally or you work them in with other types of workouts.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 07:21 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Workouts today:
dog walk 2X
Ellen Ballet Sculpt
Barre3 10 minute cardio
Essentrics...Meg's BSS2

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 09-01-19, 08:46 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Jackie! The check in has been pretty quiet, hopefully it will see more activity once summer vacations are over and we settle into Sept.

Yesterday was Meg’s ETV Arm & Ab Sculpting. It’s a nice enough workout, but Meg does talk a lot, lol. I also did some yoga & got in 8 km walking.

Today was Gail’s ETV Waist Toning, one of my all fave standing ab workouts. I also did a YouTube upper body resistance loop workout, some stretchy yoga, & a short walk.

ETA - Mary I am so sorry about your daughters friend, that’s just so sad.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 10:01 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Thanks for starting us off Jackie! The check in has been pretty quiet, hopefully it will see more activity once summer vacations are over and we settle into Sept.
Yep, I agree! It's been quiet. I hope people are still interested in checking in. I love talking Essentrics.

I'm thinking I"ll do an older, longer Essentrics workout today. Possibly Miranda's Core or something along those lines.

Old 09-01-19, 03:02 PM  
geojill

Happy Labor Day Weekend! I have decided to do the 2017 Health Challenge beginners rotation. Today was episode 1104 for full body flexibility. I woke up with a terrible kink at the top of my spine/base of my neck so while it definitely helped, I think it will be another day or two until it feels completely better.

This weekend is full of homework for me (I work full time and am working on my masters) and when I am not doing homework, I am trying to relax and read. It’s supposed to be 98 today and 100 tomorrow so I am hibernating inside in the AC.

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Old 09-03-19, 08:27 PM  
momofcha

Happy September! I feel I am dealing with adrenal fatigue so I’m going to be focusing on rest, yin yoga, Kundalini and essentrics for the month of September. Today was the Ultimate stretch release with Sahra. Was just what I needed today.

Happy fall ya’all!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 10:18 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

ugh Sue. I there with you.

I did CS 1107 this morning and walked my dog. Then spent the day with my kiddos and husband at the zoo.

Have a good one, everyone!

Old 09-04-19, 04:04 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday my low back was bugging me so I did CS 1108 Back Pain Relief, it felt really good! I also did a Jessica Smith resistance band w/o, a stretchy Gaia yoga practice, & a long walk uphill to a medieval first with an amazing view.

Today was CS 921 Spine Strength & Flexibility, very nice & moved at a faster pace than the new episodes. I also did another Jessica Smith resistance band w/o and a twist focused yoga practice on MFML. DH & I are off shortly to do more exploring & get our steps in.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 08:42 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I teach a class today and am hoping to do some other workouts this afternoon.

Old 09-04-19, 11:32 AM  
Izzy

I would like to keep the check in. Where as I am not the best check in buddy, I do read everyone's post to see what folks are up and doing. My problem, is that I don't always log in and then click off. I will do better.

Thank you for the thoughts on my daughter. I will see her this weekend and hope to get a better idea how she is. She is already dealing with some sadness/depression issues so I am sure this didn't help that along. I have offered to chat on the phone but she says she's not up to it.

September 1-45 min walk, 1 hour bike ride
September 2-1 1/2 hour bike ride, 2 hours yard work
September 3-1 hour walk

Over the weekend I did do some CS/Essentrics, mostly stretching workouts. I went to Indiana to see my brother and SIL and we did walking and biking so I needed those stretches.

Lovely weather here in the Illinois Corn belt. Can't beat 70's in the day, 50's at night.

I hope all is well.

Best
Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote