Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-17, 10:34 AM  
PhyllisG

Boho beautiful

I have watched their videos on youtube but my wifi is intermittent to say the least. Has anyone purchased their DVD package? They don't say how long each practice is....how many minutes you get of actual workouts. I have a credit on my cc for fraudulent purchases and am tempted to use it for Boho.
Then again Namaste Yoga is coming out with Season 4 sometime this year. I love Namaste Yoga.
Any thoughts? I read the old thread about Boho.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 12:19 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I have watched their videos on youtube but my wifi is intermittent to say the least. Has anyone purchased their DVD package? They don't say how long each practice is....how many minutes you get of actual workouts. I have a credit on my cc for fraudulent purchases and am tempted to use it for Boho.
Then again Namaste Yoga is coming out with Season 4 sometime this year. I love Namaste Yoga.
Any thoughts? I read the old thread about Boho.
I had never heard of this so went to their YouTube channel.

I looked at the "Boho Beautiful" 10 day program trailer. on the YouTube channel. At 0.28 seconds it says "an hour of classes a day". I went to the website for this program, and it is $90 for the digital version (video files and ebook) or the DVD version (5 DVDs and physical book). Their dietary plan appears to be a major component of the program. Unless you really love the Boho Beautiful instructors, this seems pricey for a program that is a week and half long.

As a contrast, Ultimate Yogi is $108 and is a 108 day program with 12 DVDs, each one an hour long. It also includes meditation. The dietary info included is brief. I couldn't do this program as written because Travis's voice grates on my last nerve, but I still do individual practices from it. It is an outstanding power yoga program and well worth the money.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 02:42 PM  
ardnas

Hmmm, it says an hour each day and that there are 38 videos on 5 DVDs included. I wonder how long they are or if any segments repeat?
Either way, it looks interesting to me - LOVE the outdoor beach setting! I already have all 3 of the Udaya programs by Travis, Rudy, and Micheline now I am tempted to get this one.
If you get it, please report back with how you like it, the times, etc.?!
Old 08-27-17, 04:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I remember having an email interaction with them about this. If I remember correctly, I think I wanted to know if they would separate out the food plan and just sell videos and the answer was that there was no way to get a break on the price. If they aren't selling much, it might be worth asking them again -- maybe they'd be willing to sell just the videos without the food plan at a reduced price.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 07:09 PM  
PhyllisG

I had 2 of the Udaya sets....Rudy and Travis. I sold both of them. Rudy just couldn't stop talking and Travis's voice grated. Liked the practices but found the instructors irritating. I also like the look of the other two Udaya practices that Mary carries but they are USB sticks and not DVDs. That is a deal breaker for me.
Amazon does not have the Boho program. Hoping for a used copy and reviews,
Surprised no one here caved.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 07:20 PM  
m42

I bought them. Each day is a meditation, a short bodyweight and light weight workout, and about 30 minutes of yoga. I haven't done any of the workouts but during a quick preview the workouts are all unique.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 08:23 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
I bought them. Each day is a meditation, a short bodyweight and light weight workout, and about 30 minutes of yoga. I haven't done any of the workouts but during a quick preview the workouts are all unique.
Well shoot. I was hoping you would tell me they are some shade of terrible because I really did not want to want these...they do look good though and the scenery is just gorgeous and really appeals to me. I like the idea of it not being all yoga...will you let me know how it is when she is instructing and if she is too much of a cheerleader or not? She seems sweet but if she is too perky I might be able to talk myself out of it...thank you!
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 08:46 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
Please come back and tell us your impressions once you do a workout or two. I'm also interested to know about instructor's style of instruction and level of perkiness. I looked at some youtube videos but would like to know about this program.

Why do I open these posts? I don't even know why this is suddently on my radar. I know that I won't follow the food plan, so is it the beach setting?
Old 08-27-17, 08:58 PM  
MoFirmer

I have it and LOVE it!!!!

It is 10 mins of a daily "mantra" 20 mins of a daily workout, 20 mins of a daily yoga practice and then 10 mins of meditation at the end!

LOVE IT!!!!!!
Old 08-27-17, 09:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
I have it and LOVE it!!!!

It is 10 mins of a daily "mantra" 20 mins of a daily workout, 20 mins of a daily yoga practice and then 10 mins of meditation at the end!

LOVE IT!!!!!!
Oh, no! Now I will really have to consider it. Did you get DVDs or downloads?

Tags
boho beautiful