Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-15, 08:50 PM  
nycgal

Tracy anderson bulking?

Anyone else feel like they're bulking/thighs getting bigger from ta? I'm doing the steaming videos and swear my legs are bigger!! I did ta in the past and thought that May have happened then and stopped. I decided to do the streaming since it was her classes and not a centric option- thought I might have chosen the wrong centric last time but seems
Like it's happening again. For cardio I walked on the treadmill like I always do so it can't be that
nycgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 10:50 PM  
mizvespa

The bulking will subside. It has happened to be a couple of times after starting/restarting TA. All of the sudden, six to nine (or so) weeks in, you will just shrink. It will even seem like it happened overnight somewhat. You are likely performing moves that are really "waking up" your muscles. They are simply swelling temporarily. I promise you it will subside!
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 09:48 AM  
nycgal

tracy anderson bulking

so i'm not the only one then? i thought i was going crazy but i could tell everything felt "bigger" on my legs hips and butt. i'm still doing pilates so hopefully that will help to lean me out quicker. it's tough to stick with this but i'll give it a few more weeks
Old 02-25-15, 01:45 PM  
mizvespa

Nope, you're not going crazy. You may need to give it more than a few weeks. I would suggest giving it a full 2 more months. All of the sudden, the bulking will stop and you will feel tighter and smaller.
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 08:16 AM  
flamingoo

Is anything getting better for anyone? I started TA back up in December with her Beginner's Mat and Perfect Design 1. I started having really good results. Then I moved on to meta glute. I'm only about 3 weeks in( only do it about 4 times a week) I have pants that I can't wear any more and notice that my saddlebags seem to be getting bigger again? Any ideas??? The only thing I can think of is everything is kind of shifting around. I also think the beginner's mat was more all around focus instead of just one area. It's kind of like a personal challenge to get through meta, but it's very discouraging and am kind of puzzled by it all, Thoughts???? Anyone have similar issues with meta?
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 08:21 AM  
nycgal

Tracy anderson bulking?

mine hasn't gotten better- anyone else see improvement? i have the exact same issue -it's my saddlebag area getting worse!! i have an hourglass shape and the last thing i need is for that area to get better. and i gained a few pounds- i'm 5'8 and started off at 122-123 and now i'm 125-126!! what the heck??! i might stop - i do pilates too and i might just do only pilates rather than work that hard at this and not like the results!
Old 03-03-15, 08:35 AM  
cherimac

I did much better with Mat and PDS than with Meta.
Old 03-03-15, 08:41 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I did much better with Mat and PDS than with Meta.

Did you overall like them better or did you get better results?? I'm realizing maybe it's because meta focuses on one area. Just stinks because it's only 30 minutes or maybe I should try omni or go back to beginner's mat and see what happens.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 08:50 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Did you overall like them better or did you get better results?? I'm realizing maybe it's because meta focuses on one area. Just stinks because it's only 30 minutes or maybe I should try omni or go back to beginner's mat and see what happens.
Both. I found them to be more well-rounded and I had slimming from them I didn't get with Meta (I did Abcentric). I had a weird look to my outer thighs after finishing Meta but I attributed it to lots of focused ab and glute work with minimal thigh work.
Old 03-03-15, 09:15 AM  
nycgal

what about from the streaming? i would guess that's a well rounded workout rather than just focusing on one part but i feel bulky in my hips/outer thigh after doing it a few times a week for the last 8-10 weeks or so

Tags
tracy anderson beginners