Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-24-14, 02:48 PM  
ncl

My observations about TA Meta so far

OK, I am on day 2 just using the first workout off of youtube while I wait for the next one. How on earth are you supposed to do that workout 6 days in a row? If I do it again tomorrow, I am not going to be able to walk! I am sore in so many weird places right now. And who knew that being on all fours could actually be tiring? And that lower body work on all fours...having to rest multiple times. So mainly, I am noticing this is a lot harder than it looks!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 03:03 PM  
cpcathy

Absolutely it is! I cannot do the workouts as many times as she says, (I think it's actually 10 times in a row!) I also cannot do as many reps as she does, I do about half. And yes, you will FEEL it the next day, if not the next week.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 03:40 PM  
PhyllisG

That is one workout that makes me sweat. Not even Cathe could do that back in the day. I found myself in child's pose quite a few times.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 03:49 PM  
andtckrtoo

Do what you can. I can do all of the reps now and can do them for 10 days straight if I want to (I rarely do that many days), but I've been doing TA for years. I swear she does things for me that no one else can.
Old 12-24-14, 04:18 PM  
sunday

It does get easier. I remember when I first started Meta Hip; the day after the first two workouts my entire body felt like a sore tooth. You get used to it really quickly. The repetition, though, is what bored me toward the end.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 10:55 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
It does get easier. I remember when I first started Meta Hip; the day after the first two workouts my entire body felt like a sore tooth. You get used to it really quickly. The repetition, though, is what bored me toward the end.

Exactly...whole body feels like a sore tooth!
Old 12-27-14, 10:02 AM  
ncl

OK, I skipped a day of Meta level 1 and have since done days 3 and 4. I am noticing the exercises getting easier (I didn't say easy, just easier). I was also noticing with all the ab work and no opposing lower back work, I was starting to slouch a bit in the daytime, so I am adding in some lower back and spinal erected work. I am not as sore. I will take the day off tomorrow from Meta, but will probably could do as the soreness level has drastically decreased. Phew!
Old 01-05-15, 11:08 PM  
prisma

I've been away from videos for a couple of years because I did a 200-hr yoga teacher certification and got out of the home video workout practice. I'm in a workout slump, though, and need to get my workout groove back. (Not to mention slacking off on workouts *and* holiday eating has rewarded me with tight pants).

On a whim I ordered TA Meta Omni off of Amazon. It was more expensive than the sale price at BBB, but still less than the original price. While I'm waiting for it to come I got out my old TA Mat video (the one filmed in the wood room) and I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into. I did it for the second time today--I didn't have bad DOMS from yesterday, but my arms felt like they were about to fall off by the time I finished the second arm set.

How does Meta compare to the original Mat video? I remember it taking a while to figure out what she was doing but once I did I could follow along with no problem. Do the workouts get progressively harder, or do they just switch target areas?

It's funny...I haven't done TA Mat in at least 2 years but I remembered every move in it. There are two places where she gets very uneven in reps between sides and I knew exactly when to brace myself for it.
prisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 09:51 AM  
Stephanie84

Ta

I love her Mat video. It's still hard for me to get through. Meta is shorter, not enough on the arms in my opinion. I count reps and just kind of figure it out from there.

I love her newer videos though. Precision Toning the 2 newest ones, Beginner Dance and Beginner Mat. They get progressively harder and she COUNTS through the matwork! I'm going to continue these and mix in some Barre and other stuff then start Meta over in February or March.
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-15, 08:17 PM  
ncl

I am interested in what others have to say.

I am only on Meta Hipcentric on the second workout (which I just did for the first time today), so can't really answer your questions. I felt the second workout is definitely more difficult in complexity of movements and she is moving faster. In terms of upper body, she is moving faster and therefore there are more reps. The lower body work was a bit more challenging and no longer because the rest of my body is tiring from being on all fours, but I do not have much perspective as I just started!

I think there is more all fours work in the Meta I am doing compared to the Mat workout, if I remember the mat workout correctly (have only done it one time) and Meta workouts are 30 minutes and she recommends 30 minutes of cardio as well.

Tags
ta meta, tracy anderson, tracy anderson meta