Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-01, 07:01 PM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

Opinions on Total Body Shaping Mix?

I gather a lot of people like this one, and I have heard it described as an updated Classic Firm. Is this an accurate assessment? According to Collage, it has a 38 minute aerobic/toning segment, which is appealing to me. I would love to hear more details on this tape, and how you all feel about it. Does it have an upper or lower body emphasis as many of the Firms seem to do? Is there a lot of tallbox, and how much high impact is there? Also, how thorough and challenging is the floorwork section? Is it taken from another tape? How does it compare to the floorwork sections in Vol. 2, The Hare or Vol. 1?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-01, 07:12 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Hi Shelley!

I was surprised to see this one didn't get a 'Staff Favorite' rating at Collage.

It's one of my favorite Firm Parts! I agree it has the feel of the earlier classics with the rapid switching from weights to cardio and 'four limbed' aerobices with light hand weights, then a grand finale of floor legwork and abs.

It is a little lighter in intensity than vol 2 (my favorite classic) and I think the first part, without the floor work, is thorough enough to stand alone as a cardio/light weight workout.

There is no 'step' and moderate tall box work. It has Dale's march/march/triple segment, one of my favorites. ANd Pam's knee up/triple thing with hand weights.

You'll like it!

Wanda
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-01, 07:23 PM  
RovinUSA
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally posted by Wanda
It is a little lighter in intensity than vol 2 (my favorite classic)
Thanks, Wanda! I appreciate the info. I forgot to mention that Vol. 2 is my very favorite Classic too! In fact, it is the closest thing to a 'perfect' workout for my body that I have ever found. I've been doing it twice a week for some time now, but am looking for something to alternate with it. TBSM looks like it might fit the bill. Would you say it is pretty well balanced, or does it emphasize the upper or lower body? I feel Vol. 2 emphasizes the upper body, while Vol. 1 emphasizes the lower body more..

Thanks,

Shelley
RovinUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-01, 07:41 PM  
Elyse

This is an excellent tape, fast moving, with better cardio than the classics and full body toning including floor work. You can't go wrong with this video.
Elyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-01, 07:55 PM  
kimjo
VF Supporter

I love it!

Shelley - I really like Total Body Shaping Mix. It is one of my favorites and I think it is pretty tough. To me it has a little bit of everything - tall box, cardio, weights, floor work, and abs. Now it is a parts tape but I guess I am one of the few that doesn't mind them. (I even kind of like them in fact). Anyway, I highly recommend it!