Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-02, 02:52 PM  
MsChana
VF Supporter

I'm a big fan of Lancôme's "Le Crayon Kôhl." I think it costs about $19, unfortunately, but it lasts forever. It's an extremely long, thin pencil (7" if I had to guess) and does a good job at staying put. I have it in white because I occasionally touch a little white to the inner rim of my eye. My aunt gave me that tip -- said she learned it from soap operas. It generally lasts me all day without wearing off. YMMV.
Old 05-09-02, 09:57 AM  
Denise

Itchy scalp and highlighted/colored hair

During the cold weather months my scalp gets itchy and flaky. Head and Shoulders and T-Gel and products like that reak havac on colored and highlighted hair...you might as well not do it if you have to use that kind of product.
I've made up my own cold weather hair treatment.
Since I wash my hair in the am after exercising when i get in bed at night I rub a bit of lotion into my scalp. What ever is handy, hand cream, face cream whatever. Once a week a mix up some quick oats with warm water and rub that into my scalp in the shower before i shampoo and once or twice a week i mix sea salt (coarse) with my shampoo and scrub out the itch and flakes. My hair stylist agrees it won't hurt the color or my skin. And its Cheap!

For sandle weather I swear by coarse sea salt and olive oil. I remove all polish, soak my feet in warm soapy water 15 mins or so, then mix the sea salt and olive oil and rub into my feet, I let it sit there a few minutes then wash off. My feet are soft and clean. It feels great! the results are great and Cheap! Gotta love cheap!
Old 05-09-02, 06:50 PM  
Michelle
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

Fun thread!

1. Trish McEvoy Eye Definer and #11 brush instead of pencil or liquid eyeliner. Your friends will think you've had an eye lift (at least all mine did!) It's amazing.

2. www.beautybuzz.com message board...check it out, you'll learn things you never dreamt of...

3. Eye lash curler and then a wire tooth comb for post mascaraing

Michelle
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-02, 10:13 PM  
Muria

Question OT: Shaver or Epilator?

I have always had a problem with regular razors (cuts, nicks, razor burn), and my husband suggested that using an electric razor daily might be more comfortable, and just as effective as the disposable ones. Then I went looking, and found several good reviews of a "Satinelle" epilator on epinions.com. The razor I'm looking at is the Remington Smooth and Silky, and I'm not sure whether to go for daily, but not painful, or painful, but I only have to do it once every few weeks. Would anyone care to give an opinion? They tend to be about the same price, around $50.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-02, 10:15 PM  
Muria

By the way.....

The area of concern is the legs. I think it wouldn't even be an issue if I were thinking bikini area. The thought of ripping out hair there is just too painful sounding.
Old 05-15-02, 11:23 PM  
kimjo
VF Supporter

I use an Braun epilator on my legs and I really like it. It is not painful to me and the hair stays off my legs a lot longer than with shaving. I decided to go to an epilator when I got tired of shaving my legs every other day. Also, my Braun is set up so that I can switch out the epilator attachment with a shaver attachment that I do my underarms with.
Old 05-16-02, 07:28 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Muria - I too read with interest the reviews of Satinelle at eopinions.com - I went looking for it at several stores, but they were either out of stock or not carried by that particular store.

I have the Remington epilator you refer too, however, I have mixed feelings about this one and that is why I want to try the Satinelle. The Remingon worked great the first time (left me hairless for 6 weeks,) however, I not always get smooth hair removal - there are many times when I get stubble left just like a razor would when I do my legs and I then take out my trusty razor a few days later.

If anyone has used the Satinelle, I am interested on your thoughts on this product.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-02, 11:55 AM  
MARIKA

Question concealor

What is the best concealor you have tried. I had dermablend and covermark but was not thrilled with them. I have oily skin too. Just curious
MARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-02, 05:00 PM  
Karen N
VF Supporter

Re: OT: Shaver or Epilator?

Quote:
Originally posted by Muria
I have always had a problem with regular razors (cuts, nicks, razor burn),
If you have problems finding the epilator thing you are looking for, you might want to consider one of those Venus razors. For the first time in my life, I have a razor that I have not cut nor nicked myself with. I love the darned thing, even if it is fairly expensive for a razor.
Old 05-30-02, 08:05 PM  
missy

Wink O/T for Paula Begoun users/fans

Hi everyone! I learned about Paula Begoun from this forum. I was interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Paula's Choice products. Would you recommend them and what specifically would you recommend?

thanks Missy

Tags
beauty thread