Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-05, 02:44 PM  
roz

Am I the only one who likes my FIRM 3-in-1 Box?

There was a recent thread comparing the High Step with the 3-in-1 box. It seems like most people favor the high step. I purchased a high step topper, but rarely use the high step. The only time I use it is when I do High Step Circuit. I don't do that workout very much.
My FIRM box, however is used quite often. Today I did the PY Full Body Circuit and used it for the tricep dips-- it is much more comfortable than using a chair and has the height I like for dips-- I never feel like I am getting a full range of motion when I use my club step. For this reason I use it when doing the strength sections from basic Step/Body Fusion.
I like the BSS3 workouts. I do one a week on average.
I also have used it for Tough Tape 2.
I believe the box is 14" high. I cannot imagine using a 14" high step. It would not feel stable at all. I feel the 12" is a bit unstable.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 02:47 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I agree. I LOVE my firm box (and I really, really love my Fanny Lifter). I use my high step and I'm glad I got it, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely keep the Firm Box. I'm addicted to doing lunges on an incline now!
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 02:49 PM  
Barkley

I loved mine but it just broke. A piece of plastic broke off when I was pulling out one of the legs. Now it is unstable. Don't know what I will do. I preferred it to my club step .
Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 03:22 PM  
kimjo
VF Supporter

Thumbs up I Love My Box

I love my Firm Box as well. I still have the original, pre-order version and I have never had a problem with it at all. In fact, I prefer it and the BSS3 workouts most of the time. I hate to hear about all the problems people have had with it though but I think the concept of the box is good.
Old 03-09-05, 03:32 PM  
westiemack

I like mine, but of course - I haven't had any problems with it yet! I use it regularly with the BSS3 strength workouts. I use the FL for the other Firms I have and for Cathe in place of the High Step. I also have a Club Step for my other step cardio tapes. I won't be getting their new step - I think three is enough thanks!
kathy
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 03:46 PM  
acey

me also

I like my Firm Box--I also use it for Cathe's high steps. I never got a Fanny lifter as I'm new to the Firm. I just did Fitprime Steamin' Cardio original yesterday for the first time and it was a bit awkward doing the alternating step ups rapid-fire on the box rather than on the FL as Kelsie was doing, but not impossible.

I use the Box at a slant for chest flies on an incline as well. Of course, it also doubles as a handy extra chair for company (once I've wiped off the sweat) and as a place for the boyfriend to put his drink down (*sigh*) Makes a nice perch for the cat, too.

Hoping it doesn't break,
--acey
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-05, 04:05 PM  
Angep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla
I'm addicted to doing lunges on an incline now!
Me too. I pull it out for every workout that has lunges, Firm or not. I like the BSS 3 workouts, and I am thisclose to ordering Advanced Cardio.
Angep is offline   Reply With Quote