Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-01, 02:42 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Question New Firm tapes v. New FitPrime Tapes

Is anyone getting BOTH sets?

Initially, I was just going to get the new Firm tapes. However, allegedly the new Fit Prime tapes will come out on DVD sometime next year, and Anna has been so responsive on her forum. The Firm? Well, let's just say they haven't been very responsive lately. :rolleyes:

Now I'm considering just getting the FitPrime tapes, and not getting the Firm tapes at all!

Opinions?
Old 11-30-01, 03:00 PM  
kimjo
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

I think I am going to get both sets. Since I do mostly the Firm for my workouts, I will of course get the new ones and I am also very curious about the FitPrime workouts and what they are all about. I will probably pre-order both too!
Old 11-30-01, 03:08 PM  
Messe

Firms now, FitPrimes later

I'm willing to order the new Firms sight unseen based on what the infomercial people said, plus I've been happy with almost every Firm I've ever bought. The FitPrimes do sound intriguing, and they have instructors I've liked in Firm videos, but I think I'll wait until I see what others think of them before I take the plunge, because I'm not ready to spend $48 including shipping without some feedback.

Regarding responsiveness, yes, many of us have had issues with the Firm's way of doing business in the past, and yes, things seem to be a bit chaotic there right now. But as someone who's had to shepherd moves from one service provider to another twice since 1993 (print products in my case) and deal with a couple of major management changes as well, I can attest to the impact that big changes can have on being able to provide the level of customer service that you'd like to. And selling through a third party, whether it's BMG or Goodtimes, involves a lot of things that the Firm can't control, no matter how hard they try. In the case of FitPrime or anyone else who's self-marketing, especially when the product being offered is new, it's easier (never mind essential) to be responsive when you're a one- or two-person business with a limited offering, because you're trying to sell yourself and your products so you'll turn a profit or at least break even the first time out. I'm not saying one way is better than the other--both ways are a fact of life in business, and producing and marketing fitness videos is a business that gets more and more complicated as the number of videos an individual or a company produces increases.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-01, 03:10 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I'm curious about the FitPrime videos

I heard there were not going to be any background exercisers. I saw it somewhere at VF, but I can't find it anywhere else. Anyone know?

At any rate, I'm getting both. I don't think I could stand to wait for reviews...I'm sure they'll be easy enough to get rid of for a time anyway!
Mary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-01, 03:15 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Waiting

I was going to order both FitPrime and the new Firms right now. But with the CIA sales and other sales going on, I decided to wait for FitPrime to be on DVD. Then I can also read VFers' reviews of these videos.

I'm pre-ordering the new Firm videos.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-01, 03:40 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

FitPrime may be new...

but Anna Benson has been around for quite some time.

I find no excuse for The Firm's sometimes gross negligence towards their loyal customers to be satisfactory.

I will buy the FitPrime videos when they are released on dvd. We'll see about The Firm videos.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-01, 03:45 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

Smile Ordering both

Well, I started being a serious vidiot with the Firm way back in '92, when all 6 Classics were $44.95 - $49.95, so they were my first love. And now, I use so many other videos - Cathe, CIA, Mindy, Gin, Kari, etc. that I don't use the Firms as much. However, I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that the Firm and/or Anna is putting out new videos that I wouldn't see. I guess I have no self control . But, I sell and/or trade a lot of my videos that don't get good use, so if I absolutely don't like them, then I will make sure they find good homes elsewhere!

Chris T.
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-01, 03:45 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

Actually, I might have a chance to get a DVD and if I do, I will wait until the FitPrime comes out on DVD format., regardless I will be getting the Firm Tapes.
kim
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-01, 05:33 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

If the reviews on the Fit Prime series are very positive, I will get them on DVD. I'm not sure whether or not I will miss the fact that they will have no background exercisers.

I want the Firm tapes, too, but since they will not be put out on DVD, I will probably buy all the DVDs I want first and then trade the ones I don't want for the Firm tapes.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-01, 09:30 AM  
Apryl

Thumbs up Getting both!

I can't wait for both sets. Whether TheFIRM or FitPrime, I have no doubt I'll love them both. It's going to be a Happy New Rear!

Tags
anna benson, fitprime