Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-19, 05:46 PM  
laurajhawk

Cyana, I used to love the monthly kundalini workshops at a local studio, till the teacher moved away. White clothing was common but not mandatory there. If you truly want to go, could you pick up inexpensive white sweatpants or even pajama pants at someplace like Target?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 07:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today was a low key one for me, letting my massage settle in...
~Essentrics Stretch & Strength in Motion: Full Body workout - this is a favorite!
~neighborhood walk
~headstands on my bench - I’m having fun with it & can feel it’s great for core strength
~long yin session on my own - acupressure, forward bends, hip openers, chest openers, & shoulder stretches

Cyana - Your day sounds lovely! I can understand not wanting to invest in white yoga garb, I would feel the same. Laura’s suggestion is a good one though, and if you really enjoy the workshop you’d have it for another one. That risotto recipe is really good, I tweaked it a bit adding some sriracha & grated Parmesan at the end. I have houseguests in a few weeks & it will be on the menu.

Jackie - I love Ellen but have felt lukewarm about her latest offerings. I canceled my subscription but will do a month again at some point to catch up on her latest workouts.

(((Hugs))) to Pat & waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 10:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I put my Kindle down and got out for a beach walk yesterday. Hot! Lots of people swimming.

Also found this great Jason Stephenson meditation on YT for day 21:

Healing & Pain Relief Guided Meditation

Cyana - hope you find an all white solution. Seems kind of rigid for an introductory workshop?

Waves everyone with my Mickey Mouse hand.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 12:49 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

I've been lacking in energy this weekend. I did go for a nice walk yesterday and on the way, we stopped for a drink and watched some white egrets playing in the water/mud, although a couple looked like they were having fisticuffs.

I also did:
- Pilates Nest YT - Happy Feet, Posture workout using the magic circle and Strong and Toned Arms with light hand weights - all short segments.
- Qigong Mini 5 Elements Warm-Up with Mimi Kuo-Deemer

Today:
- Barlates Easy Cardio
- Ellen Mighty Mat Pilates. Jackie - I agree with you; it did seem like a long half hour! Too many moves maybe? I notice Ellen missed out clamshells and straight leg point and flex on the second side.
- Rodney Hip Openers for Flexibility
- Qigong - 5 minute Ba Duan Jin

Pat - Thanks for the meditation link. It's great that you're getting out and enjoying the sunshine.

Cyana - You're finding some nice meditations. I think it would have been nicer to leave white clothing as a personal choice, as in Laura's former classes. It all sounds like serious business to me.

Pam - I forgot to say I like your new avatar with your new inversion stool. Thank you for suggesting that I contact Linda at Barlates. I found my email with my purchases and Linda kindly sent me the links this morning. I've also ordered a couple of her series, as there's presently a buy one, get one free offer until Sep 30.

Waves to Sherry.

Hope everyone has a great day off.
Old 09-22-19, 01:01 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigs;2839780 [B
Jackie - [/B] I agree with you; it did seem like a long half hour! Too many moves maybe? I notice Ellen missed out clamshells and straight leg point and flex on the second side.
- Rodney Hip Openers for Flexibility
- Qigong - 5 minute Ba Duan Jin
Oh good I'm not alone in thinking this. I actually like Fusion Floor better than Mighty Mat Pilates.

I'll come back.....haven't done much today.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 06:44 PM  
cyana

Today:
YT LWR 10 Minute Abs
YT - Austin Goh - Get Rid of Belly Fat

I may try to get in some meditation, C/S, yoga or a walk this evening. DS came over this AM to spend the day, which was nice. We went out for breakfast where I had a really neat chia pudding with blueberries and a granola-type topping - a nice surprise.

Laura - I may try the white sweatpants route. At least I could wear those around the house.

Pat - I've been thinking I'd like to try one of Jason's meditations for sleep. I'm still waking up far too early.

Jackie - I smiled at your comment as to whether you were in a mood while doing Ellen's work-out yesterday. I felt the same way about a yoga practice I did on MFML.

Pam - I noticed your new avatar pic - what a great find you new toy is!!

Margot - Too funny about the egrets and fisticuffs. Years back there was a dive shop that used to grill up hot dogs on Saturdays at lunch. An egret would show up like clockwork on Saturday mornings, walk right into the shop and look at the owner like "Hey, where's my hot dog?" And he would hang around until he got his lunch! He was quite the handsome critter.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 08:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 7 - standing segment
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT - This was another good one, Linda alternates some barre-ish moves with straight KB moves.
~Headstand practice
~90 min of yin on my own - forward bends, hip openers, chest openers, shoulder stretches, upper back acupressure.

Margot - What fun entertainment by the egret pair! I’m glad you contacted Linda at Barlates, nice to get the downloads again. How did you like easy cardio? I just bought a few downloads from her sale, too good a deal to pass up!

Cyana - Love the mooching egret, too funny! How nice to spend the day with your DS.

Jackie - I’ve found Ellen’s recent workouts rather bland in comparison to her older stuff. I love her but I think she needs to step up her game.

Pat - So glad you enjoyed the outdoors Waving back at you!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 08:31 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi ladies! Yesterday I went to restorative class with my Kim. It was nice, but I had a very sore low back later in the day. :\ I think b/c I don't usually do restorative, I overdid the twists & restorative backbends, given that I was not that warm. It's OK this morning. Yesterday I also practiced my sequence to teach Beginners tomorrow night. I'm gl&ad I did b/c when I did it at a realistic beginner pace I needed to change some things around - I'm doing standing poses and had them holding warrior legs way too long. Changed one to triangle so they can straighten the leg. This morning I did Charlotte Ord Back to Basics warmup/cardio/legs & back. Tonight I'll practice my sequence for vinyasa 2. Tomorrow and also the following Tuesday, I'm subbing back-to-back vin 2 and beginners.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 08:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning from Club Medical.

Put my Fitbit back on yesterday. DH dragged me to a car show at a larger beach around here, so we schlepped around there. Fortunately I found a pond behind the parking lot with benches where I could sit and cool off - it was so hot. For day 22 Jason Stephenson Positive Mind in 5 Minutes.

Still hard to type - everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 09:08 AM  
cyana

Good Morning. I can honestly say Happy Monday and mean it!

Today so far:
YT LWR 10 minute abs
YT Austin Goh Get Rid of Belly Fat
9.9.2019 - Holden Streaming Class (no more beard and Lee only had a small bandage on his finger)

I'll do more later, but needed to work on a plan for the week while having my morning coffee. There's a new neck/shoulder practice that just went up on MFML, and I'll likely try that. It's always interesting to tune in to your body while working out, and while doing the Austin Goh belly fat videos, I've realized that I'm very quick to tighten my trapezius muscles. That isn't a shock since I tend to hold stress in my neck and shoulders, but was a reminder that I need to maintain body awareness and not zone out due to the familiarity of a work-out.

Pat - Club Medical - LOL!!! I'll have to try the five minute positive mind meditation - great length to work in with other practices or when you need to grab a quickie.

Laura - Hooray that your back tweakiness seems to have passed quickly. The primary restorative teacher at my studio has a somewhat different class format that other restorative practices that I've done. You go through a fairly long sequence of gentle poses that warms the body before she starts the longer holds. That's really smart when the A/C is blasting or during the winter months when the studio tends to be on the cooler side. I'm sure your beginners will appreciate being able to straighten the leg during the warrior series. Sometimes my slow flow instructor will have us stuck in warrior for a bit long while explaining an upcoming pose or helping someone and those little breaks go a long way!

Pam - Your 90 minutes of yin sounds delicious. I'm definitely feeling the need to bond with Norman Blair on MFML with some yin this week.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote