Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-19, 10:34 AM  
Demeris

undereye concealer

I need a concealer for the darkness under my eyes that won't make my wrinkles look worse. The Glossier Stretch Concealer came up as an ad on some page I was reading, but it's rather costly!

Does anyone with what is called 'mature skin' use a concealer you'd recommend? Thanks
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 07:40 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
I need a concealer for the darkness under my eyes that won't make my wrinkles look worse. The Glossier Stretch Concealer came up as an ad on some page I was reading, but it's rather costly!

Does anyone with what is called 'mature skin' use a concealer you'd recommend? Thanks
I've been using the Urban Decay one that matches the foundation I use. I do like it because it's so very close to my skintones and I don't feel as though I've got white racoon eyes when I wear it.

For another perspective, makeup artist Wayne Goss has lots of reviews on Youtube. I think the Too Faced Born This Way concealer has been getting lots of his love lately. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye was also a favorite, IIRC.

Might just browse his videos if you want some product reviews with application advice.
Old 09-21-19, 07:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wayne Goss is so cool! His videos crack me up.

I'm 51, so my skin is at least somewhat "mature." I've used a variety of concealers for my undereye circles, which are pretty dark. I like Maybelline's Age Rewind and I'm also using one from Almay.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 12:30 AM  
Leonana

Quote:

I mainly use drugstore. My favorite is the Avon True Color Concealer. I also like the ELF Camo Concealer, and third place is Maybelline Age Rewind.

However, I have heard good things about the Too Faced concealer. I want to go to Sephora and get a sample. A couple of others I have heard recommended is Jouer from Sephora, and Doll 10 from QVC.
Old 09-22-19, 06:57 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I've been using the Urban Decay one that matches the foundation I use. I do like it because it's so very close to my skintones and I don't feel as though I've got white racoon eyes when I wear it.

For another perspective, makeup artist Wayne Goss has lots of reviews on Youtube. I think the Too Faced Born This Way concealer has been getting lots of his love lately. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye was also a favorite, IIRC.

Might just browse his videos if you want some product reviews with application advice.
Thank you. I'll check him out.

I have It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, and no matter HOW I apply it, it emphasizes my laugh lines.
Old 09-22-19, 07:00 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Wayne Goss is so cool! His videos crack me up.

I'm 51, so my skin is at least somewhat "mature." I've used a variety of concealers for my undereye circles, which are pretty dark. I like Maybelline's Age Rewind and I'm also using one from Almay.
I had forgotten about this!!!! I have used it in the past, mostly as an eyelid primer, but I'll see if it works for me on my undereye circles. I'll check out Almay, too. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I mainly use drugstore. My favorite is the Avon True Color Concealer. I also like the ELF Camo Concealer, and third place is Maybelline Age Rewind.

However, I have heard good things about the Too Faced concealer. I want to go to Sephora and get a sample. A couple of others I have heard recommended is Jouer from Sephora, and Doll 10 from QVC.
I prefer drugstore brands, too. I spent lots of money on upscale, luxury brand makeup when I was younger and remained unimpressed with them. I've never heard of Jouer and have been intrigued by Doll 10 for some time. Will check them all out. Thank you.
Old 09-22-19, 12:06 PM  
carly

Quote:

I have used many and my current favorite is Revlon Photo Ready Candid Concealer. They have many colors and there are testers at Ulta. If you get the color right you can use less product. I have cool ash medium conplexion with very dark circles and use Biscuit which is a very peachy color that counters the blue. I can apply a lot for total coverage or go lighter for a more natural look. I use a foundation brush to dab and blend after using the doe applicator to place the product on my face ( one stripe down the noise fold and dots under the eye). May take a couple of days to find the technique that is right for you. What I like--- easy to apply---isn't glossy. I previously used Bobbi Browns liquid concealer and the gloss emphasized the lines and photographed "white" in pictures.

https://www.beautypedia.com/products...B0%5D%3Drevlon
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 01:57 PM  
rhbrand

My favorite concealer is First Aid Beauty's Hello Fab. I found it through Kevin James Bennett, a professional makeup artist who won an Emmy for his work.

Its got avocado in it and doesn't settle into my fine lines at all. And lasts through my 12+ hour shifts.
Old 09-22-19, 04:37 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
My favorite concealer is First Aid Beauty's Hello Fab. I found it through Kevin James Bennett, a professional makeup artist who won an Emmy for his work.

Its got avocado in it and doesn't settle into my fine lines at all. And lasts through my 12+ hour shifts.
Thank you. My only experience with First Aid Beauty was their moisturizing cream, and it smelled like mayonnaise. But perhaps their makeup doesn't have that smell.
Old 09-22-19, 04:38 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I have used many and my current favorite is Revlon Photo Ready Candid Concealer. They have many colors and there are testers at Ulta. If you get the color right you can use less product. I have cool ash medium conplexion with very dark circles and use Biscuit which is a very peachy color that counters the blue. I can apply a lot for total coverage or go lighter for a more natural look. I use a foundation brush to dab and blend after using the doe applicator to place the product on my face ( one stripe down the noise fold and dots under the eye). May take a couple of days to find the technique that is right for you. What I like--- easy to apply---isn't glossy. I previously used Bobbi Browns liquid concealer and the gloss emphasized the lines and photographed "white" in pictures.

https://www.beautypedia.com/products...B0%5D%3Drevlon

Thank you. It looks like I need to make a run to Walgreens!

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin