Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-19, 05:46 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!

Continuing my LWR 10 minute abs/Austin Goh Belly Fat combo. I'd originally said I was going to this for 21 days - I need to count and see exactly where I am. It has been so convenient to have a quick and easy plan with things being so crazy at work. I could simply get up, do it and be done versus suffering from analysis paralysis. Yesterday I also did 2 meditations and a Sound Bath from YT (links I've posted previously). Had a nice energy buzz going from those singing bowls.

I'd hinted about job-related news previously and can now share that I'm changing jobs. While I'll still have a crazy busy season, I'm looking forward to reuniting with some former colleagues. And I'm off next week - hooray!

I received a notification that my yoga studio is going to have a Kundalini workshop this fall. I'm definitely considering signing up as all my Kundalini has been through videos.

Pam - I'll bet your connective tissue was very happy to be re-balanced after that travel marathon! Kirsty is one of my go-to MFML instructors when I need a nice, slow, stretchy practice. I'm glad you like the new headstand bench.

Margot - That on-line class sounds like it would be interesting and the boat ride sounded like a lovely way to spend a summer afternoon. I don't get to spend much time around water these days and I sure do miss it. I find the short focused practices - like Leila's - to be worth the subscription to MFML.

Sherry - I'm glad to hear you're up to doing hour long work-outs - that's nothing to sneeze at. I hope your back will get squared away soon.

Laura - I'm not familiar with the WWE series (aside from hearing it discussed here on the Forum). Hoping to get some weights in next week while I'm off - that's definitely an area where I've not been consistent.

Pat - Hope your recovery is going smoothly.

Waves to Jackie.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hi. Fingers are bandaged up like sausages but pain is not too bad. Resting and icing. Thank you all, the positive energy is working!

18 - 12 minute Insight Timer
19 - Awareness meditation
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 02:17 PM  
Margot

Hello all!

DH and I had another long walk at the Gothic mansion - up and down the hills, through the woods and around the lakes. That was definitely my cardio for today.

I also did:
- BFTV2 #10 Intuition
- PA Melt for your Feet with Sue Hitzmann. Yikes! I did a bit of this years ago but I don't remember my feet being so painful! They did feel better afterwards though.
- YoQi Autumn Purge and Cleanse

Pat - It's great you're doing so well and that the pain is manageable. I'll keep sending positive healing your way.

Cyana - Congratulations on your new job. Hopefully, the workload won't be so gruelling. Exciting too that you get to reunite with some former colleagues. Enjoy your time off next week.

Pam - Great workouts. I'm tempted to try some of the Barlates workouts again. I did download a few a couple of years ago but somehow they ended up in cyberspace somewhere! Most likely, I deleted them by mistake.

Sherry - Would you say that Soul Sweat is more advanced than Body Groove? It looked good from the short clip I saw on YT.

Waves to Jackie and Laura and anyone passing through today.
Old 09-20-19, 06:42 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~ETV: Alexa’s 30 min Toning & Sculpting - I love her kicks & squash lunge combo
~YT: Barlates Kettlebell HIIT - I loved this one! It’s been a long time since I’ve done any KB workouts. Linda moves at a nice safe pace.
~Upper back acupressure and shoulder & upper arm yoga stretches
~Neighborhood walk

I just got home from a blissful 90 minute massage. I’m trying to go once a month as it keeps me from getting too creaky, lol.

Pat - So glad you’re doing well, more healing thoughts & positive energy are still headed your way!

Cyana - Congrats on the new job & hope it will bring you less stress and more free time. Enjoy your week off!

Margot - Your walk sounds lovely! If you contact Linda at Barlates she may be able to track down your order and resend you the downloads. I hear that her CS is very good.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 08:25 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I did Stretch and Strength in Motion: Legs/Core and walked my dog.

It's been really hot in MN. Looking forward to things cooling down.

Pat glad to hear you're recovering nicely and the pain is manageable.

Cyana congrats on the new job! That is exciting!

Margot nice walk!

Hi to Pam, Sherry, Laura,Cheryl.....anyone else who stops by.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 10:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sherry - I made that IP pesto chicken risotto tonight, it was delicious! Thanks for sharing, it’s a keeper!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 11:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

20 - awareness meditation
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 11:57 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi all! Catch-up check-in: Thurs night yoga was grueling (but really good), third chakra = core work and twists. I didn't much feel like 30for30 Stamina on Friday morning, so I finished the WWE workout with the Cardio section and added Yoga Emergency Legs. Finally today, I don't have leg DOMS from Weds. That WWE DVD is pretty good. Last night I was up late watching Downton Abbey and then slept till almost 10 this morning so haven't done anything yet today.

Pat, I'm so glad you're doing well!
Happy weekend to all!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 05:08 PM  
cyana

Happy Saturday!

AM:
9.6.2019 - Holden streaming class - this was his first class after being discharged from the hospital. The index finger on his right hand was bandaged and he had to make sure he didn't have it in a dependent position for too long. And he was sporting a little beard.
YT - LWR - 10 Minute Abs
YT - Austin Goh - Get Rid of Belly Fat
YT - Singing Bowl & Faraday Waves - Mohammed Zeza Alam - posted 11.28.2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm2mlNL054A . A quick 2.5 minute video posted by the Vortical Research Lab at M.I.T. My inner nerd really enjoyed this and you have to watch it through to the end.
PM:
MFML - Calming Kundalini - Kiranjot
MFML - Functional Back Care: Somatic Spine - Mollie McClelland-Morris
YT - Ashana Playing Crystal Bowls at Mt. Shasta - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJPvFZswhg - a quick 4.5 minute video. Too bad they couldn't filter out the wind noise, as this was nice.
YT - Life healing Sound Medicine - Stephanie HeartSong - this is a 30 minute version of the 11 minute video I previously posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjVMwfMs60g
YT - 8 Minutes of Relaxation & Chakra Tuning - Stephanie HeartSong - posted 8.26.2011. Nice, but sound quality not as good as her other videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbHV4Yp8cJ4

I listened to a few minutes of Water Koshi Wind Chimes Meditation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXAqJh2LGc . I want to check this out when I have a full hour to listen.

I really haven't been on-line listening to meditations all day. DH and I were out the door bright and early to head to the local mom and pop coffee shop and shop the farmer's market. There was also a local festival and one of my former co-workers had a booth with her photography. She had some nice stuff and it was really good to see her.

I mentioned the upcoming Kundalini workshop. There is more info posted on it now and you have to wear a head cover and white clothing. I have absolutely zero white yoga clothing and zero desire to have white yoga pants. Hmmm.....must ponder what to do about this.

Laura - the third chakra class sounded nice. I love getting all twisty and "wrung out". If I ever slept until 10, DH would probably be coming in to check my pulse and make sure I was still breathing, LOL!

Margot - I had to think a minute to figure out what BFTV was. Sounds like you might be hard-pressed to relocate somewhere that has walks as interesting as the ones you have now!

Pat - Glad to hear surgery went OK. Continuing to send healing thoughts.

Pam - Thanks for the reminder about Sherry's recipe - that sounds like something DS would really like.

Jackie - I definitely plan to get S&S in Motion in while I'm off - Sahra is sending me subliminal messages 'You say this is your favorite Essentrics video, so why am I getting dusty????"

Sherry - Hope you're having a good back day.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-19, 05:38 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I taught a class this morning, walked the dog with dh, and did Ellen's new offering, Mighty Mat Pilates. I thought it was rather typical Ellen, just a mish mash of her mat work. Not sure if I'm in a mood, but it was a long half hour for me.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote