Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-03, 08:46 PM  
bluecaffeine

Meet me! :)

I just happened to stumble across this site about a week-or-so ago, and thought I'd go ahead and say hello in this intro thread. I'm a 21 year old undergrad student of psychology & philosophy and I am very new to the world of video fitness. My boyfriend bought me a kickboxing video a few weeks ago (KickButt, I think it's called) and when I finally got around to using it, I fell in love! Since then, I've been scrambling around borrowing, renting, and occasionally buying everything I can get my hands on! I don't have a lot of videos or a lot of variety yet, but I thought this would be a really fun way to discover what's out there, what's good, and to get a little motivation! I think thus far my favorite is the Low Impact aerobics video with weights from the Classic Firm, but hey, I've only tried a few and there is much left to discover!
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-03, 09:12 AM  
Dilly110

Hi

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm barely five foot tall and am currently 15lbs overweight. I've recently given up firming in favour of more cardio/interval and callanetics/lotte berk. I'm not as advanced as any of you here but like to read your stories for inspiration and motivation.

Cheers
Dilly
Dilly110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-03, 09:48 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Welcome!
this is a place for those who are beginners to keep motivated & on track. This is a place where those of us who have been working out keep motivated and on track and those who have done the up and down routine of being on and off track go to be motivated ... and get back on track.
Honestly, this is a fun place to hang
Stevie
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-03, 01:48 AM  
what_a_nurse

Hi everyone...
Iam a 33 year old , with 5 kids! One son, who is 14, and 4 girls...ages 12, 9, 4, and 11 months. They are the sunshine of my life. Iam a Registered Nurse, presently working in adult orthopedics and Neurology. Intresting stuff! Very busy on my unit. I have a very supportive DH, who puts up with my obsession with exercise video's, and my insatiable need to have all the new toys!!!
I currently reside in Florida, but am orginally from Pa. (Philly area) I LOVE step aerobics, and just got into Yoga.....I cant beleive I missed out all these years....and my DH loves my new found flexibility! LOL.
Anyway, I cant believe I found this site...its awesome. So surprised there are more like me! Whew.....Im not alone!!
what_a_nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-03, 06:49 AM  
reinvented46

Smile Introducing myself!

Hi! I'm 46 and I know we aren't supposed to talk about "diets", but I recently reached my WW goal, and my size goal! I went from an 18 to a 6 in six months, using WW and Cathe!!!! I'm very proud of this, and a bit more than amazed. I'm in the same size now I was in college, and plan to stay that way.

I used to use the Firm and then FitPrime exclusively until I found Cathe! What a difference!! I just love her, and cannot wait to buy her new series.

I'm married with one almost teen daughter, I work part-time, 12 hour nights as an RN in a small community hospital, and I live in North Central Ohio.

My favorite fitness is weight training, but I'm much more into cardio now that it's fun again with Cathe's tapes!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!!

Oh, and I just got DSL yesterday so this is so FAST!!

This is my Geocities homepage, if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.geocities.com/saucy_scorp...ness_pics.html
Old 10-30-03, 07:51 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

welcome! and congrats on the WW goal. that takes a lot of commitment.--just like fitness!

Stevie
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-03, 07:56 AM  
kyrin
VF Supporter

Thumbs up Wow!

Congratulations on your transformation! Awesome!
Old 10-30-03, 09:37 AM  
reinvented46

Thanks, Stevie and Kyrin!!

Old 10-31-03, 11:43 AM  
clarimon
VF Supporter

what's up?

Hi everyone!
(By the way I also posted on the "getting to know you" thread)
I have been regesitered since May 2003, but haven't posted often.
My main reason for exercise is to increase strength and flexibility. It has also been a great form of therapy after my gradmother's passing earlier this year.

Anyway, I love this site because you all give great information and opinions on fitness. I have bought great videos and equipment thanks to you. (the only video I have that I don't like is "yoga for the inflexible," which I bought without checking videofitness first!)

Thanks a lot

Last edited by mousepad; 07-05-05 at 07:26 PM. Reason: removed my signature
clarimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-03, 03:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone! I have posted before, but I tend to go through spurts; lately I've been hanging around a lot to try to boost my motivation!

Anyway, my name is Beth and I'm 35 years old. I'm a newlywed--I just got married this past June--but my husband and I met in college and have lived together over 9 years. We're not planning to have children.

I've been using exercise videos ever since I used to tape Gilad and Fitness Pros workouts off ESPN when I was in high school! I had gym access in college and graduate school, so it wasn't until I got out of school that I really began building up my video collection. I've gone from about 2-3 videos when I was in graduate school to around 24 now, which is a pretty good size for me (I'd still like a few more though!). I'm not sure when I first discovered VF, but I'm guessing that it was sometime in the late 1990s, which is when I discovered Collage as well. I do remember that at the time of September 11th, I had just traded for a couple of yoga videos, but I can't remember whether that was my first exchange. I was thrilled to discover the exchange feature--new videos for nothing!

I eventually figured out that I really don't enjoy doing aerobics-type vidoes, so I bought a recumbent bike (I believe in 1996) for my cardiovascular. I enjoy strength training, particularly for upper body (mainly because it's easier to see progress there than my pear-shaped lower body). Since getting my first yoga videos in 2001, I've stayed with it and have really enjoyed it; I have a variety of Living Arts tapes plus a few more. I also like doing Pilates and am interested in trying some other methods such as Lotte Berk and Callanetics (in college, there was an exercise class I really enjoyed which I believe was called "aeronetics"--it used a ballet barre, and I think it was probably based on these styles).

I love hearing from everyone; it really helps me to stay motivated!
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread