Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-14, 04:03 PM  
mizvespa

Opinion Wanted: Most Effective TA Workout(s)

Hi ladies, I'm just curious which Tracy workout or system (Meta, Precision Toning, Perfect Design, etc) has given you your favorite results. Just curious! Chime in and share, please!
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 08:21 PM  
nd2325

I think her original mat workout is the most thorough, rounded workout. I gets boring though if you do it 6 days a week. I got my best results from that and Meta Glute.
Old 09-17-14, 07:52 AM  
Julia

Iso far I have my best results from Mat and its not nearly her hardest workout, its my go-to fast shrinkage video.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 08:51 AM  
Stephanie84

Ta

I like Mat also!
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 10:26 AM  
bearcatfan

I love the arms workout in Mat. It makes me whine (and hurl curses at the TV) every time!
Old 09-17-14, 11:07 AM  
violetblonde

Mat really does seem to have a quick 'shrinkage' effect. Anyways, I've had great results with all of TA's stuff-- I did a month of rotating the three PDS workouts, Abcentric Meta, and then Abcentric Omni. Pretty much no DC. I do a bit of Tonique here and there.

My results have been generally, lean long and toned legs, arms, and abs. My only complaint was that my butt deflated a bit-- but right now I am alternating Continuity Omni and Glutecentric using 3 lb ankle weights for most of the moves and it's working wonderfully so far
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 11:48 AM  
Julia

yes I agree violetblonde, I always include kettlebells or more lower bodywork so my rear doesn't deflate...lol

I want to add (for those not trying to lose weight or inches).. For quick all over muscle definition, precision toning was best for me and for ab shrinkage meta abcentric is really good, I haven't tried the other metas though. Im just back on my mat kick right now, I need to lose a few...
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 01:01 PM  
LaCatrina

Not TAM, but I've been doing Hamelin D'abell's workouts exclusively since February and I'm quite happy with my results. Several TAMers have switched to HDM and further their results with Hamelin's method.

I recall that you had amazing results with PDS. I really like PDS 2 - the chair work flows quite well and it doesn't feel terribly grueling.

Also, I recall reading someone who's never been pregnant did Tracy's suggested post-pregnancy rotation, alternating PP1 and PP2 and lost some weight and a lot of inches in the first two weeks alone, so that's another thing that you might try
Old 09-17-14, 01:26 PM  
andtckrtoo

Mat doesn't do much for my abs or lower body. I need Meta for that. All of the work on all fours is what does it for me. But barre never did much either. I have Abcentric, Omni and Glute, and 2 or 3 continuities for all of these, and I just do them in random orders. But it works for me!
Old 09-17-14, 03:07 PM  
desie

Yes, TA Mat is my favourite too. I can always do it without dread. I use ankle weights for everything except the ab work. It's my "getting back into it" workout for when I've had a couple/few days without workouts. I like to do Mat, plus Perfect Design2 or PD3, plus sometimes the Precision Toning sections, and don't forget the Xbox Transform Toning -- Transform 1 Toning 1 is sweaty tough! I would do the Continuity workouts too but it's more workouts than I need to keep me busy. I think Mat is a good all-round refresher workout, the PD workouts seem to me not as well rounded and to focus on hips/thutt. The Xbox Transform 1 Toning 1 requires a lot of core and shoulder strength while simultaneously working the butt (lots of plank variations), so it is a great calorie burner.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote