Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-18, 07:16 AM  
Tugger31

Looking Younger as we age...

I have been practicing these tips and they work! I have people at work asking me if I've lost weight and I haven't. I believe in everything in this article b/c the proof is in the pudding.

https://thefittutor.com/mom-posture/
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 07:25 AM  
Vantreesta

This is one of my bookmarks too but I haven't been good about doing the exercises. Thanks for the feedback on them. Maybe I'll finally get started on them! And congrats on the results and compliments!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 07:38 AM  
alisoncooks

Those exercises look really do-able. Bookmarking that site for use!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 08:01 AM  
Butter

I really need this! Thanks for posting
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 09:11 AM  
Exercise Diva

I have tennis elbow and a sore right shoulder that hasn't been healing properly, and my OT gave me some of these very same stretches. My shoulder is almost completely rehabbed and when I don't do the back exercises, I can feel the pain come back. They're so simple but so effective.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-18, 11:35 AM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Agree! That site has some really good suggestions. The exercises and stretches are the exact or very similar to what I learned to do in my physical therapy sessions for shoulder pain. It's all about correct posture/strong core!

I suffered with moderate shoulder pain for many years before finally getting relief with a few simple exercises and stretches. I couldn't believe how quick and thorough it was, once I got started on the right track to healing my pain.

Donna
Old 06-21-18, 12:13 PM  
Betty Boop

Although the article calls it "Mom Posture", it sounds like "Women Getting Older Posture" to me. In fact I'd been thinking of starting a thread asking for suggestions on how to tell one's friends that their posture is making them look old. I'm having a hard time thinking of a tactful way to do this.
Old 06-21-18, 02:23 PM  
videofit

We have more options than our mothers did, thank God. Too bad most of the best ones are expensive.

Women in their 20s and 30s look like much older women thanks to peering down into their phones.
Old 06-21-18, 08:25 PM  
DCW

If you find a way to tell them, let me know.

I see women ten years+ younger than me with horrid posture. I can't imagine their posture in ten years.

DD noticed her posture was poor. (Finally listening to her mother's nagging, she has been exercising and has seen improvement.)
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-18, 06:04 AM  
Tugger31

Could you say simply, "there's no tactful way to say this, but I read a post/article about posture and I'm concerned about you" OR you could approach it a different way and say "hey I read this cool article somewhere that says good posture takes a few years off your life and a few pounds off your waistline. Here is the article!"
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
posture