Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-30-16, 07:57 AM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Blueskies, congrats on the great results! And thanks for sharing with us the modified version you did!
Thank you so much for the kind words!

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 08:13 AM  
blueskies

***Additional BIU/KIU modification for barre lovers***

As I continued doing my modified BIU and KIU workouts, I was wondering if there was any way to modify the lower body exercises even further by transforming the floorwork (which admittedly can be hard on the elbows, shoulders, hip flexors, and knees) into a standing barre session. I tried it this morning, and WOW!!!!

How to do it: When Debbie starts in on the lower body floorwork, simply remain standing after the upper body bandwork and do all the floor moves standing up, either with or without a barre/chair to hold onto for support. Today, I did it without a support/barre, just by balancing on one leg--and boy--I felt it!!!! Major muscle firing going on. I did go back down to the floor for the push up sets, but did all the lower body work standing. I think I'm going to keep this going for a while to see the results--based on which muscles were tight and shaking, I think I'll be pleased!

Just wanted to share for anyone who can't do floorwork on their knees, or prefers workouts with more of a barre flair.

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I love this as I am not a fan of all fours floorwork! Looking forward to your results. I need to remember I can do floorwork standing. I sometimes avoid it altogether when there's really no need to. Thanks for posting this.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-16, 10:08 AM  
flowerpotcat

Awesome! That is a very good reminder that the all four work can be done standing up. Thanks!
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
si6, slim in 6