Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-16, 09:35 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
They sure are. I wouldn't have the stamina for those entire workouts any more. (Plus, they set my behind on fire like nobody's business).
http://freemake.com. The description says "Freemake Video Converter can do some basic video editing operations: cut unwanted video parts, join files, or rotate video. ... "

It's free so worth a try. I think you convert from DVD first.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-16, 09:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have Freemake and use it to burn to DVD. I've never used it for editing and don't have a clue. Maybe there's a Freemake for Dummies guide somewhere.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-16, 09:48 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'll try it this week and let you know how it turns out.

How to cut video quickly & free

Step 1. Add a video

Start Freemake Video Converter. Click the "+Video" button and browse for the video you'd like to cut or use drag-'n-drop option.
Step 2. Cut your video

Click "Edit/Play" button on the right. Set the markers of the beginning and end of the part you want to remove. Click "Delete selection", then "Ok".
Step 3. Save changes

To save the changes, you have to convert your video. Choose a format (better the same as the original), preset "Same as source", and click "Convert".

Watch our video guide on YouTube "How to cut video"

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 05:49 AM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Congratulations! That's awesome news. I wonder if Freemake could be used to edit out the portions you don't use. I think I still have the originals but haven't previewed them in a long time.

~Beth
Thanks Beth! And that's a great idea about Freemake--does it still work on DVDs that are copyright-protected?

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 05:52 AM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Really interesting! Thanks so much for sharing your experiment and exciting results - congratulations!! (And I'm all for short workouts. )
Thanks so much Gina! When I originally planned to cut out the exercises portions I did, I wasn't sure what total workout time would be left. The 20 minutes was perfect, so I was thrilled that it actually worked out the way it did!

~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
Old 09-28-16, 05:59 AM  
blueskies

Kathy/Joni/Ginger--Great idea for using this with Slim Series too! I actually have one of the longer 78-minute workouts (Shape It Up!), so if I decide to have something in addition to the BIU and KIU options, that could work.

Beth - Please let us know if you were able to successfully edit the workouts. I'm a little nervous about uploading/working with copyright protected DVDs.

I actually ended up purchasing two additional copies as backups of the older Si6 and KIU since I'm worried my originals will deteriorate and stop working eventually.

~little bird from VF

~Jimmy Dean
Old 09-28-16, 06:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Thanks so much Gina! When I originally planned to cut out the exercises portions I did, I wasn't sure what total workout time would be left. The 20 minutes was perfect, so I was thrilled that it actually worked out the way it did!
Well, I'm pulling out my BiU and KiU and starting your rotation this very afternoon after work! I teach very active preschoolers and by the end of the day have been literally too pooped to contemplate my 40-min workouts. But 20 mins I can do (and I *definitely* need to do something). Love that these incorporate total body as well - I'm not into just 'parts'...too easy to skip for one reason or another.

Thanks again!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-16, 09:08 AM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Well, I'm pulling out my BiU and KiU and starting your rotation this very afternoon after work! I teach very active preschoolers and by the end of the day have been literally too pooped to contemplate my 40-min workouts. But 20 mins I can do (and I *definitely* need to do something). Love that these incorporate total body as well - I'm not into just 'parts'...too easy to skip for one reason or another.

Thanks again!!
Fantastic, Gina! Please check back in with how it goes.

And on teaching preschoolers all day, and being up for ANY workout afterwards! Bless you and more power to you!!!!! I'd personally be looking for the nearest corner to go curl up in a ball!

~little bird from VF

~Jimmy Dean
Old 09-28-16, 09:27 AM  
blueskies

I just thought of another (unintended) benefit to these reduced-time workouts, specifically during the KIU routine--balance work.

The section I rewind to before the rows in KIU is the standing leg curls. Boy, do these give a nice, efficient balance challenge! And when Debbie talks about the supporting leg muscles "triggering and firing" to keep your balance, she's not kidding. I find this part super-effective for focusing on both balance and total leg muscle engagement. Depending on how "in touch" I feel with my proprioception on a given day, I will also vary my arm positioning to make the leg curls more challenging, and to engage more muscles: the workout standard is hands on hips; I might raise my arms either straight up, in front, or to the side. This encourages core activation, which transforms this exercise into total body, increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the workout!

~little bird from VF

~Jimmy Dean
Old 09-28-16, 10:38 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

With the appeal of 20 minutes, I was going to give this a shot too (plus I'm also a pear shape) but it turns out I have Slim Series, not Slim in 6. But.... I do have KIU that I got in trade, so I did your magic on KIU just now. I'm wondering if you can tell me what kind of work is done in the BIU shortened workout so that I might try to cobble something similar together. I'm wondering if some of your "magic" is that you figured out the exercises that work well for you and focused on only those consistently. If I could figure out the same on my end, well, maybe that would do me good. Thanks!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
si6, slim in 6