Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-16, 04:50 PM  
Aurora C.

Thinning the Inner Thighs...what's worked for you?

I searched 25 pages back and was surprised to find so little on this topic. I am someone with an hourglass figure who packs on muscle if I even glance at a weight over 15 lbs...well, slight exaggeration, and a shame since I am strong & enjoy feeling strong but I don't love walking around like 5'2" She-Hulk. Anyway, in my quest to perfectly sculpt my physique to my own esthetic I have leaned my legs and lost my butt and also bulked my legs while building my butt. I'm currently liking my glutes, though I continue to build them because I could like them even more....but my legs, while strong, look rather bulky, shapeless & tree trunky to me. I would prefer to slim them down, particularly the inner thigh (which in the past has demonstrated extreme resistance in responding to anything - honestly even trying to flex my inner thighs I'd have more luck trying to think my hair straight) and my quads are quite overdeveloped and squarish looking above the outsides of knees. So I'm wondering what others have done to lean out, debulk, and sculpt their thighs. Thanks!

Last edited by Aurora C.; 09-09-16 at 12:26 PM. Reason: to distinguish the inner thigh specifically
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 05:57 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Classical Stretch/Essentrics has thinned out my thighs very noticeably. I am not an hourglass figure but rather apple shaped, and their thigh work has leaned out my quads and thighs to the point where people have remarked how lean my legs are.
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 06:03 PM  
bubbles76

I can't believe you haven't found anything on slimming the thighs . That topic pops up here more than...well, pretty much more than anything! People often mention having great results with barre, Tracy Anderson, and ballet type workouts. Oh, and Tonique! People have mentioned great results with Tonique. Of course, you'll also find people who "bulk" up as well, so YMMV. Do a search for barre, ballet, or Tonique and I'll bet you have better luck!

Here's a thread I found when I did a tag search:

Lean the Legs
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 06:06 PM  
MARIKA

I'd go with Brazilian Butt Lift. It's a few dvds that deliver. I got great results and still use it. It does not build the quads at all.
Old 08-24-16, 07:37 PM  
Tugger31

I've tried exploring Essentrics/Classical Stretch and the amount of workouts on their site overwhelms me a bit. Are these workouts just stretching? More barre type? Is there a cardio effect? I can't seem to get a handle about what these workouts are all about and how is it they lean the legs. Thanks for any clarification!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 06:18 AM  
Dabbadooey

Walking....lots of it!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 06:38 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I've tried exploring Essentrics/Classical Stretch and the amount of workouts on their site overwhelms me a bit. Are these workouts just stretching? More barre type? Is there a cardio effect? I can't seem to get a handle about what these workouts are all about and how is it they lean the legs. Thanks for any clarification!
I initially started them for the stretching benefits, which I really needed in my mid-40s, and then realized how the toning benefits went right along with the stretching benefits. By lengthening out the muscle at a long lever, it's strengthened. I gain muscle very quickly with traditional workouts, but these workouts lean out my muscles instead of bulking them. Some are labeled as barre, but that mostly means putting your leg up on a barre, or chair, for stretching. Some have a definite cardio effect, some are more toning, some are more deep stretching. I have done them for two years now, so it just takes watching and doing them consistently to find the ones that you like and that work for you. Within two weeks of starting every other day CS/Ess, I could see my legs looked noticeably different and my posture is completely different now than it used to be. I even grew a half inch in two years! Hope that helps!
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 06:43 AM  
starbelly

Ballet Beautiful. She does lots of bridge work for the glutes and has inner and outer thigh segments but rarely works the quads.

The streaming is ridiculously overpriced at $40/month, but you can get 50% off your first month with the code BBCUSTOM16. BeFit also has her first two DVDs on youtube which would give you an idea if you like her style. This is a hip and thigh workout and this is an example of her bridge work.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 07:30 AM  
BunnyHop

Back when I was much younger and had no need to thin my thighs or anything else, I did an exercise program called 'Thin Thighs in Thirty Days ' by Wendy Stehling. It's still in print, but the older version can be had quite cheaply bought used. Some of the reviews seem to think the exercise explanations in the older version are more complete. I haven't seen the newer version myself, so I can't say for sure what the differences might be.

There are some exercises, and you gradually increase your reps of those, but the bulk of the workout is walking. Starting small and increasing to three miles a day.

I found it very doable and have always managed to hold onto my copies of the older version, just in case I decide to revisit it.
Old 08-25-16, 08:15 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
Walking....lots of it!
That's what I have found to work for me. Lots of walking in addition to everything else.

Tags
debulking, inner thighs, leaning out, overdeveloped quads, sculpting, season 11, thigh slimming, thighs