Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-16, 04:29 PM  
shoegoddess

BOD streaming speed question

I signed up for Beachbody On Demand. The steaming is kinda slow and choppy. The picture stops but the sound continues sometimes. I have TWC and they said I have the next to fastest speed so I didn't need to pay $20 more to upgrade to speed it up more. A technician is coming Tuesday but I got a call from support which I could barely understand and he told me everything is working. Youtube seems fine but BOD isn't. Anyone have speed/ choppy issues with BOD?

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 06:39 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

It could be your modem or your computer/tv or whatever you are streaming on and not the signal coming into your house. I have TWC too and they had upgraded me (unasked) to 100 mbs download - and I had them put me back down to the 50 or 60 mbs I had before. We run netflix, 2 computers and 3 phones all at the same time and have no trouble.

I stream my company's server to my computer, and sometimes I have trouble with large excel files, but it doesn't seem at all related to what is going on inside my house.

Not sure if it is true anymore, but I read that cable internet can really slow down when a lot of people use it at the same time. So... if you are working out at a popular tv viewing hour, that could be it.

Unless you really care about high definition, maybe you can set the picture quality lower.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 06:57 PM  
shoegoddess

Thank you Lynn. The CS guy is supposed to call back tonight to see how it's working but I'm going to insist the tech come out Tuesday. I've always had some issues with the Internet in my house. I think the modem is in the wrong room. I work out at 6:30 AM.

-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 07-16-16, 08:29 PM  
shoegoddess

Problem solved! I have to be on a different brower than Firefox I guess. CS called and walked this computer illiterate through it. Works great now. Just like watching a DVD. Tomorrow's workout: Beast up Legs.
Happy Camper!

-Me

-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 07-17-16, 07:48 AM  
seww

Your internet may be okay but you might need a booster in the room you WO in.
I never had trouble with reception in the room I WO in but I did in other areas of the house and getting a couple of boosters helped extend the wifi signal. Our home is stucco/adobe and the walls are really thick.
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody on demand