Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-13, 11:31 AM  
edensmom

That sounds delicious!
I agree about the mental thing. When i first started i had no idea what to eat.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 11:45 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I don't feel full without grains of some kind, but it could be that I'm just eating the wrong veggies. In most households meat was the star, but not in my house growing up, so it's just difficult for me to plan meals without some kind of starch. I'm getting better at it though.
I used to feel this way up until really recently, actually, but, like Michelle said, it helps if you eat complex carbs and the right kinds of grains. I bought the Tone It Up meal plan a few weeks ago, and by following their meals, I don't feel foggy without my usual bread-y carbs throughout the day. I've been having oatmeal in the morning and then maybe some Kashi cereal as a mid-morning snack, but then I try to cut out all bread after that. It's been making a huge difference!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 11:59 AM  
flamingoo

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a lot of support at home when it comes to cutting carbs and eating healthy, but I feel like if I did a little better, I wouldn't have to constantly keep track of what I eat and logging all my intake. I'm soo tired of logging everything. Oh and ya, sugar is really really hard for me. Anyone have some advice on how to cut that out please PM me. I struggle with sugar badly.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 01:31 PM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Thanks for the replies. I don't have a lot of support at home when it comes to cutting carbs and eating healthy, but I feel like if I did a little better, I wouldn't have to constantly keep track of what I eat and logging all my intake. I'm soo tired of logging everything. Oh and ya, sugar is really really hard for me. Anyone have some advice on how to cut that out please PM me. I struggle with sugar badly.
Flamingoo,

My advice, which of course you can take or leave, is to simply own your own food choices. Support? Sure, I guess it would be nice if others were similarly inclined, but I don't eat something I don't want to eat simply because someone else wants it. That's their choice, not mine, and I'm certainly not going to let someone else dictate my nutrition choices. Period.

What's your sugar issue? In what forms do you typically find yourself consuming it? Maybe if you found some good (healthy, not fake) substitutes, it would be easier to eliminate it?

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 02:31 PM  
CharM

I agree, YOU have to be your own support, flamingoo. It might be hard when you see others enjoying their food, but it can be done.

Since we're on the subject of grains, this was how I used to eat:

breakfast: steel cut or old fashioned oats every morning along with other food, sometimes a slice of sprouted wheat bread
lunch: whole wheat pasta w/veggies
snack: sprouted wheat bread w/natural peanut butter
dinner: meat, veggies, brown rice

I was bloated nearly every night. So I found a rice that didn't make me bloat (sprouted brown), but I cut back anyway. A few weeks ago, my husband decided he wanted to eliminate grains from his diet. WHAT?! I shook! I shivered! "No, you can't take my grains away! NEVAH!" I know I can eat what I want, but it made more sense to eat the same to cut back on grocery costs. So I've been cutting down. I eat oats maybe twice a week, brown rice was weird when I ate it the other day, and I don't miss bread. I've been eating more veggies, more fruit (gosh, how I crave it now), more fat (avocado, coconut oil, olive oil), more meat, so yes, everything else. My stomach is flat all day, and no more bloat!

I thought without all my grainy carbs that I'd have no energy to exercise, but I've noticed nothing different.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 03:20 PM  
sherry7899

Leslie is very generous I was the recipient of another $10 urban rebounder from Kohl's that she bought a few years ago.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flat abs, getting sexy, increasing strength, starch free living, toned legs