Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-13, 10:29 AM  
SpiritSong

Slim Series Express question

I received Cardio Core Express with my Slim in 6 set, and I bought Cool It Off Express from Amazon marketplace. Now that I have acquired Slim Series, the only workout I am missing from the Slim in 6/Slim Series/Slim Series Express collection is Cardio Sculpt Express.

So my question is for anyone who has done Cardio Sculpt Express, it is worth the effort/expense to acquire in order to complete my collection? Even used on Amazon, this one workout costs $14.35 with postage. Or should I just leave the hole unfilled?

Bonus question: Is there any reason at all to buy the updated Slim in 6 if I have the old version?
Old 03-28-13, 10:53 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I received Cardio Core Express with my Slim in 6 set, and I bought Cool It Off Express from Amazon marketplace. Now that I have acquired Slim Series, the only workout I am missing from the Slim in 6/Slim Series/Slim Series Express collection is Cardio Sculpt Express.

So my question is for anyone who has done Cardio Sculpt Express, it is worth the effort/expense to acquire in order to complete my collection? Even used on Amazon, this one workout costs $14.35 with postage. Or should I just leave the hole unfilled?

Bonus question: Is there any reason at all to buy the updated Slim in 6 if I have the old version?
Here's my take on it.

I love, love the updated Slim in 6. I like the exercises better, the variety, and the picture quality. If you can get it at the discount price that Tina T did a while ago it might be worth it. One thing I love is that she alternates sides more in the floor work so it doesn't kill you staying on one leg the whole time. If you like TA's Meta stuff you'll like the original Sin6 better. All that said, if you have the original you certainly don't "need" it. I got the new one when it first came out and got rid of my old one.

Cardio Sculpt Express is one I really enjoy because it's pretty much all upper body. Debbie does a ton of lower body work in Sin6 and SS so this was meant to be a short workout that is just UB with some cardio in there too. I like it because it's easy to add-on to other workouts and it's nice to have when my lb is sore and I want some upper work. If you have enough strictly upper body stuff and/or aren't interested in that, then you certainly don't need it.
Old 03-28-13, 11:28 AM  
SpiritSong

Hmmmm. Thanks for the input. One vote for "spend da money!"
Old 03-28-13, 12:47 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
Hmmmm. Thanks for the input. One vote for "spend da money!"
Only if those fit a niche in your collection. I'm all about scaling back these days.
Old 03-28-13, 08:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I love, love the updated Slim in 6. I like the exercises better, the variety, and the picture quality.
was Si6 completely re-filmed, or just "remastered" with same footage but maybe different music, etc.?

i do recall that they truncated Ramp It Up from a 50 min workout to a 30 minute or so workout.

sorry if this is a dumb question!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-13, 09:49 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
was Si6 completely re-filmed, or just "remastered" with same footage but maybe different music, etc.?

i do recall that they truncated Ramp It Up from a 50 min workout to a 30 minute or so workout.

sorry if this is a dumb question!
Si6 was completely re-filmed with new background exercisers. The new Ramp It Up is still 50 minutes but the new Start It Up is now 25 minutes.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 08:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Si6 was completely re-filmed with new background exercisers. The new Ramp It Up is still 50 minutes but the new Start It Up is now 25 minutes.
yes, that's what i meant - Start it up was the one cut shorter.

wow... you don't say, huh? completely re-filmed? i saw an informercial today where it's going for $40, and it included the band and one of the express workouts as a bonus. very tempting.

are there any clips of the re-filmed workouts? i couldn't find any on the BB website. thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 11:07 PM  
moonbeam31

Cardio Sculpt is the one I loved the best out of the 3 SIS Express ones! It uses tubing and weights-it is a good 30 min workout!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 11:38 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
are there any clips of the re-filmed workouts? i couldn't find any on the BB website. thanks.
I haven't been able to find any. If you watch the infomercial closely, there are a few very quick shots where it looks like Debbie's in a different outfit and they're in a different arrangement of the "model home" set.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 11:41 AM  
pcramer

Here ya go!! It just a short sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYMDKO90ro

Tags
slim in 6, slim series express