Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-11, 09:44 AM  
rosepetals

What is the rotation plan for slim in 6 series?
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 10:25 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
What is the rotation plan for slim in 6 series?
I think you do Start it up for a week, Ramp it Up for two weeks, and Burn it Up for four weeks. Each workout is to be done 6 days per week, one rest day.
Old 10-03-11, 10:58 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

SS works for me like nothing else, but it bothers my joints in a big way.

What helped me get through a rotation is putting Debbie in my laptop and setting her on top of my TV and watching TV. Easy to do with high rep workouts.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 11:16 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
SS works for me like nothing else, but it bothers my joints in a big way.
So how do you modify them so they don't bother your joints? I find that if I do too many in a week they bug my knees~and nothing else bothers my knees except twisty step workouts.
Old 10-03-11, 11:44 AM  
JP44

Re: Jari's newer ones - I really do like her GER & GER 1000. However, I find I can't do them on consecutive days though or my knees hurt & my shoulder bursitis flares up. I don't have that problem w/ SS though. (I only use 3 lb weights for shoulder work for both SS & JL GER.) Jari also lacks standing ab work in these.

Re: Tonique - some dread factor and she has no standing ab work. I also bulked up when I used this 3x/week. Again, no bulking for me when I use SS. I agree she has limited upper body work compared to SS.

One thing that's nice about SS, JL & Tonique is they aren't space hogs. Si6's Burn it Up is my essential hotel room/vacation workout. I only need a resistance band.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 11:52 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I absolutely love Slim Series, but I do not care for barre workouts. I don't get bored with SS workouts at all. I guess is it just personal preference more than anything else.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 12:48 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I've only kept a couple of SS workouts: Shape It Up (which is long at 78m but like all of them can be broken up) and Tone It Up, and a couple of Si6 workouts: Burn It Up and Keep It Up. I find this provides enough Debbie variety but I could never do them day in and day out...

ETA - In answer to the OP's question, I think Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout (also about 80m) has a similar feel and works well in a rotation with SS. Cindy Crawford's The Next Challenge might work as well. Maybe Dove Rose's workouts too?

Last edited by Lucky Star; 10-03-11 at 12:51 PM. Reason: addition
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 04:52 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I did the full rotation a few years ago and ended up with a partial tear in my rotator cuff that took well over a year to heal --partially. I think doing high reps shoulders, even with very light weights is a risky business.
Ah, that may have just ruled it out for me then, as my shoulders are rather sensitive, and I hate workouts that endlessly work the front of the shoulder.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 05:30 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Ah, that may have just ruled it out for me then, as my shoulders are rather sensitive, and I hate workouts that endlessly work the front of the shoulder.

Emma
Actually, one of the reasons I like SS is Debbie works ALL parts of the shoulder. I credit SS w/ helping me recover my range of motion from a nasty bout of shoulder bursitis. She does a lot of rear shoulder work, unlike barre workouts which tend to way overstress the anterior deltoid.

As I said, in my earlier post, I only use 3 lbs weights for the shoulder work in these and when my shoulder was super sensitive, I used 2's. Strengthening the posterior deltoid doing hi rep, low wt work was magic for my bursitis.

You can also do these w/ no weights for the shoulder exercises & just focus on range of motion. That's what I'm having my DH do for his shoulder bursitis. It's a way better option than doing 30 min of PT exercises 2x/day that don't work any other body part.

Just my experience.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 08:01 PM  
kariev34

I really appreciate all of your responses. I haven't done these dvds in forever and this thread makes me want to revisit them. The only really poor things i've read about this series is how boring it is other then that its gotten great result reviews.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebers, jari love, similar to slim series, slim in 6, slim series, slim series success