Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-11, 07:45 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Rip 60

So how is everybody doing with those DVDs? Anybody has a coupon code for the sale?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 09:22 AM  
Buzzer

I have it, and still love it, but am having trouble fitting it into my TA rotation. Level 2 of Omni kicked my bootay so bad that I didn't add any Rip onto it, but now that I'm on Level 3 I'm gonna try to do it more.
Week 1 & 2 are kinda the getting used to it weeks, 3 is when it gets the most fun, 4 is a rest, and 5 is when he adds Kettlebells in! I was in love with week 3, then I did 5 and now I'm in love with 5. I haven't done anything past 5... 5 is tough enough for me!
I plan on doing 5 again today (a rest day from TA), but I may move on to 6 & see how it is.
I do love it, I love that the suspension trainer moves & they use that for a lot of rotational moves... ie swimmers (like pilates) with your feet in the straps in plank position, doing alternating chest presses & lat pulls... it's fun and really is a great workout.
I love it!
If it weren't for TA, I would be doing an exclusive Rip:60 rotation. It's that much fun!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 09:48 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Buzzer! You are too much! Doing Rip:60 on an Omni rest day! I, too, am finding that with Tracy's second sequence, the thought of something as hard as rip:60 is not so appealing. I did do three workouts with the thing so far, and I liked it!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 02:50 PM  
beatchica

I really want the rip:60, but feel silly actually ordering it since I have had my TRX for years and love it. But I think I would like the rip:60 over my TRX, as it seems to be more user friendly.

Here is a great youtube video that features a side-by-side comparison of the rip:60 and the TRX, makes me really want the rip:60 as it seems more versatile in it's ability to move side to side as well as I like the big "ring" size handles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvnIDzd7-M

If you order from rip60.com you get free shipping with the following promo code, RIP6005. Total would be $119.00 for NYS residents (no taxes). ; )
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 12:34 AM  
loulou

Thanks for the youtube video, beatchica. I have been wondering how the rip:60 straps worked. Everything looked great except for the extra weight and the footstraps/handles. It seems like crunches and other exercises with feet in the handles would be more difficult with the rip:60 set up versus the TRX handles that hold your foot in. Maybe that's why the handle has the carbiner attachment. For a future, more TRX-like handle.

For home, I found a cheaper option on Ebay that hooks up to my chin up door bar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Elite-Rings-...item4156ef945d

It also comes without the dvd but it's a pretty good instructional video by a professional rock climber with a lot of different exercises.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Elite-Rings-...item3f076faf2d
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 09:57 AM  
beatchica

I really like that there are so many choices of suspension trainers on the market. It can only point to new workouts coming down the pike soon!

I am also a huge fan of functional training, it can't be beat in terms of increasing overall whole body health and fitness.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 10:26 AM  
Buzzer

OK, I did week 6, and it was even better than week 5. I don't have a TRX, but I would have chosen the rip:60 over TRX because of price, the moving straps and it comes with 12 DVD's, and I have to admit I'm a follower when it comes to workouts .
I have a USA trainer (about Nov. of last year, someone posted it was $50 and I reallllly wanted a TRX so I bit on this one) and I have only taken it out of it's holder, not used it. Now that I have my Rip:60 straps, I really don't have any desire for my USA trainer.
The straps don't bother me, sometimes they are a bit too firm for my grip, but when I put me feet in the straps, I don't worry about them falling out or anything. One thing I have noticed is so far (through week 6), they keep the plastic grips on the handles moved off to the side out of the way... I keep wondering, why even have them? Perhaps they will appear with a function later in the program.
ANyhow, mixing it with my TA, still loving it... anyone who thinks they are losing their muscle or tone with TA should get the Rip:60 & mix it in. It's as many reps as you can do in a minute, and puts in lunges & squats & jump squats for your legs if you're missing them.
Still loving my Rip:60!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 03-07-11, 11:15 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I hope I will get mine soon!

David Goggins
Old 03-08-11, 09:34 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I just called -- it is on backorder, they will only ship next week. :-(

David Goggins
Old 03-08-11, 09:45 AM  
Buzzer

Doh
That's good that they have enough orders to be on backorder, but stinks 'cause you don't get yours sooner
I promise it's worth the wait though!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14

Tags
rip:60