Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-11, 02:16 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
My Dr only told me I had to rest FIVE days, and that was up on Sunday. So, Dr's orders, I am working out and keeping cough drops and my inhaler close.
I am skipping most of the cardio stuff still, and just doing my omni muscle stuff and no cardio That's why I skipped part of this workout, but since my HR was up anyhow, I think it would really be up with the cardio in.
OK, I gotta go find something for supper now...
Oh, and do you need it? What do you think? You'll regret it if you don't...
Did he give you a doctor's note? We may need to inspect that
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 02:31 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thanks for your reviews. I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest while you're previewing those DVDs.
Old 02-10-11, 04:15 PM  
enduranceron

Mine just arrived.....I think I'll give the Runners DVD a shot in the AM.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 07:56 PM  
momof10

I just got mine today, too. I plan on doing my own rotation. I already have the TRX suspension. I have 6 of their DVDs, too. So I will be mixing them up and see what kind of results I get. I will be keeping one of the trainers at our cottage once the spring gets here. I also have a few of my boys interested in it. I figure this way, we can work out together. It is always good to have a little competition. I will be playing around with the RIP60 tomorrow. Maybe I can post the main differences between the systems. RIP60 is inexpensive compared to the TRX, but it isn't cheaply made at all. I do like the handles better on the TRX.

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 08:17 PM  
Buzzer

OK, did week 2 workout. This is the week we "pull the pin" (take out the pin that holds the straps stable so now they move side to side). I didn't even notice the newfound "instability" because the straps didn't move side to side as easy as I thought they would, so quite honestly the only two times I noticed was when I was trying to put my feet into the straps (put one in, the strap goes long on that side and I can't get the other foot in now 'cause that side is too high... I'll figure that one out) and the other time was when we were in plank, feet in the straps, & did a 'swim" with our feet.

The warm up is the same on week 2 as on week 1, the jumping jack segment is the same, and strangely not as confusing as yesterday.
Start out with squats & lunges, then again alternate strap work & floor cardio/work. He added planks with feet in the straps (I like that! Probably because I rested my feet against the door, but it felt cool) and the planks with swims.
The chest work was instead of a push up with hands in the straps, you do chest fly (body moves forward & down & arms fly out), back row with the straps, same bicep & tricep moves...
oh, he also did hip raises with feet in the straps. I really felt that in my hammies!

I got more of a surfer vibe from him this time than a pointing yelling guy, and I had to learn that when he said "good job guys!" that wasn't my cue that the exercise was over. He says it a lot.

There is a counter thats BIG in the lower corner, and I was down the hallway (about 10 feet) away from my computer it was playing on, and I could see the counter easily.

As far as tougher than insanity, I would say no. I did insanity, I was dying. This, he does some insanity type moves, but he takes time before and after to explain, show, clap and say "good job guys!" where Insanity was non-stop.
For tougher than P90X, I go with no again. P90X was all weights (except for the cardio days of course), and this is half resistance, half cardio.

I think it can't be compared to either, it kinda is it's own workout. i sweated, but not buckets, I feel it in my muscles, but not so I'm cramping (but part of that is by choice by not setting my straps to go too deep or keeping the angle high so I don't tear a shoulder or something...)

Each exercise is done for 60 seconds, and quite honestly, I would compare this to Barry's Academy, and I'm not sure why. But that's what kept going through my head while I was doing it trying to figure out what I can compare it to.
Anyhow, it's fun, I still like it, and am adding it to my TA rotation. I'm sure as I get used to it I'll go deeper into some of the moves, but right now I'm concerned about tearing a muscle in my shoulder so I will err on the side of safety. I don't really see this week as a step up from week 1, more just different than week 1. I think they would be good to alternate and probably complement each other.

I haven't noticed the music, although it's there, so I can't really comment on that.
Hmmm... anything else I can think of people might be interested in?

I'm not sure if I'll do week 3 tomorrow or go back to my TA Meta & do week 3 on Saturday.
I hope everyone else that has gotten it or orders it likes it as much as I do!!!
I am interested in hearing it compared to TRX and the TRX workouts...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 09:57 PM  
Buzzer

Week 3: turn & Burn.
OK, I anticipate two things: weeks 1 & 2 will be traded away for most people. Also, everyone who complained about the reusing of footage in STS, you will be SO annoyed with Rip:60
The warm up is the same as in weeks 1 & 2. The jack segment was a few minutes later into the workout, but it's the same. The cool down? The same. AND, some of the footage is recycled as well when the move is the same. I can see this will be annoying if they do it for the full 8 weeks. I already am tired of the warm up, and this is only the 3rd time I've done it!

He adds some new cardio today, plus some new strap moves. He has us doing pushups (elbows close) with the strap for a minute, then in the same position, has you rotate.. or I guess more like alternate punching. Same with the back row. You row, then you alternate pulling back.
He also adds in some new plank moves... some (shoot what are they called?) OH, pikes? Where you have your feet in the straps, hands on the ground, and pull your feet in towards your chest ( bounced off my door.. why do I have the feeling I'm gonna have to get a ceiling hook if I want to really get a workout from this instead of bouncing off my door or resting on it all the time??). He has you spending more time on your hands this week, with the planks, pikes, swims right after the pikes (you your hanging with your feet in the straps on your hands for like 2 minutes!), on all 4's alternating right arm out/left leg out, then left arm/right leg. Also he added pushups onto the burpees, plus does mountain climbers. Oh, and at the end, he does 60 seconds of jumping lunges. Skipped that. Can't remember all the cardio, but a lot of it is jumpy, so there's that if you aren't into jumping.
Again, I skipped lots of the cardio so I don't get phlegmmy, but my heart rate was up and it was fun.
In addition to all this, he has you doing lunges with your hands in the straps, lunge with a knee up, lunge with a "donkey kick" (but he touches the floor with his toe to the back?) and 30 seconds of speed lunges. I used my arms a lot,but I am also adding on TA's omni leg workout, so I'm purposely cheating on this so I have energy later for my TA.
I'm not sure if it will be fun as an 8 week rotation, but I like doing week 1/2/3 following each other, it's good variety, but I don't think there's enough variety among them to keep doing each for a week.

However, even though I'm kinda slacking on a lot of it, my HR is up and it's fun. I can see getting dread factor for the repetition. I kinda got dread for Insanity though for the same reason (OK 1-2-3 Heismans! I'm looking at you!) so take that FWIW.
OK, these have been my first reviews of a workout. I hope I'm doing well enough to help you guys out! I'm having fun!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-11-11, 11:19 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Buzzer, I appreciate your taking the time to write up the reviews. I just got mine today and will be too busy for the next few days to do anything with it, so I appreciate reading your comments. I didn't realize there were so many dvds!
Old 02-11-11, 11:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did that first disc today..... set the thing up outside on an old swingset. It worked pretty well, except..... doing burpees in the prickly weeds, not so much fun! I skipped the v-core things altogether because I did not want to sit right on top of a prickly weed. Other than that..... I really liked it! I don't think I have an entirely good feel for how to position my body yet, but I did feel some burn, and I did like the way the workout itself moved. I'm looking forward to doing more! I think I need to find a piece of plywood to put on top of the weeds is all......
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-11, 11:57 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj View Post
Buzzer, I appreciate your taking the time to write up the reviews. I just got mine today and will be too busy for the next few days to do anything with it, so I appreciate reading your comments. I didn't realize there were so many dvds!
There are 12 total. 8 weeks, plus Power Yoga, Rip 60 for Runners, Lean Muscle, and Fat Shred. Totally a deal, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I did that first disc today..... set the thing up outside on an old swingset. It worked pretty well, except..... doing burpees in the prickly weeds, not so much fun! I skipped the v-core things altogether because I did not want to sit right on top of a prickly weed. Other than that..... I really liked it! I don't think I have an entirely good feel for how to position my body yet, but I did feel some burn, and I did like the way the workout itself moved. I'm looking forward to doing more! I think I need to find a piece of plywood to put on top of the weeds is all......
All I have to say is... ow. Knowing how much you need to touch the ground in this workout.... ow.
I hope you find a piece of plywood!!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-12-11, 08:15 AM  
suegy3

Thanks for your reviews Buzzer! Do all the workouts have the 1 minute of each exercise then switch format?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rip:60