Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-16, 11:48 AM  
jhsimpson

2016 Biggest Loser - Bob Harper

Didn't see a thread for the 2016 Biggest Loser Season. Figured I'd open one.

- Bob Harper is host (and confidant)
- Two scales for weigh in

What are your thoughts for this 2016 branding?

I like the new studio/set design. This first episode still seams to follow the same episode formula. Glad to not see the medical personnel (as much) when those first few workouts are underway. The producers seem to be relying less on the fads/gimmicks. Unsure of the functional (Crossfit Style) or unique (BJJ, FightClub, Marathon Training) styles will appear in later episodes.
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 03:35 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I watched and enjoyed the episode. I think I might like Bob as the host but time will tell. The people are likeable so far. I thought Dolvett's hardcore approach was over the top and it showed on the scale. I would much rather have Jen as my trainer. She won most of the weigh-ins last season too....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 04:15 PM  
pcdoctor01

I wonder why two scales? One for the males and the other for females?
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 04:16 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Shoot, I missed it - meant to watch. It's been a while.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 06:39 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
I wonder why two scales? One for the males and the other for females?
One for each team. The call two people up at the same time to be weighed...

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 07:13 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
One for each team. The call two people up at the same time to be weighed...
Gotcha. I'd love to be trained by Dolvett.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 07:43 PM  
PrairieGem

I hadn't watched in YEARS and happened to scroll past last night. I really like Jen; she's new to me. But the manufactured drama + commercial breaks about did me in; I remembered why I used to tape it, and why I stopped watching!
Old 01-05-16, 09:08 PM  
angie_nrs

I recorded it and skipped thru all the commercials and watch it while I'm surfing the net and only half paying attention. I've always thought they could do the show in an hour instead of 2. I'm glad they are weighing in two at a time. The weigh in portions draggggggged on. It seems like there are 10 beeps on the scale before they finally flash a number. I skip thru most of those too. Basically just going fast enough to see the numbers as they all get on the scale. They try to make everything SOOOO dramatic. I also think the eliminations can get overly dramatic too......but I digress.

I thought Dolvett acted kind of like a jerk last night. I'm not sure if fame has affected him or if it's just TV drama.....either way I was not a fan. I really like Jen though. I liked Bob as the host.....I'll bet they'll work him in other ways too. It seems like he's been taking a back seat the last few years.

My main complaint of the show is that they concentrate way too much on exercise and not enough on solid nutrition. Clearly the contestants are practicing it, but they don't spend enough time on that portion of it on the show. Again, it's not nearly as dramatic enough, but that's really where the big part of their results are coming from. I also think John Q Public could learn more from them if they focused more on that and showed that it is something everyone really can do.
Old 01-06-16, 02:34 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't like the show's cruel approach though I realize it's a contest. It often seems like the people who need the most help and support are eliminated early. I also don't like the extreme exercise that they do in the beginning, but they want fast weight loss. I think cooking segments, maybe even a contest, would add to the authenticity of the show.
Old 01-06-16, 09:34 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't like the show's cruel approach though I realize it's a contest. It often seems like the people who need the most help and support are eliminated early. I also don't like the extreme exercise that they do in the beginning, but they want fast weight loss. I think cooking segments, maybe even a contest, would add to the authenticity of the show.
Totally agree with this!! I watched the TBL but I find myself liking weight loss shows where people aren't eliminated! Seems the emphasis is on the fact that it's a contest and I know that but very unhealthy people that should be there are gone and seemingly in the first few weeks! I might watch it again but not sure.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest loser, bob harper