Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-15, 12:32 AM  
Cafelattee

I'm old enough to of experienced the original star wars excitement but I was raised in a legalistic religious home no movies, no dance, no modern music, life sucked, we were the cult family of the 70's and 80's (not really cult such as the moon folks but different then everyone else kwim)

My sons have the StarWars movies and are at the new one tonight. I guess I could of watched them but for me I missed the "cool" movies of my generation and was always the left-out-kid.

I remember wanting to see ET its all everyone at school talked about way back. I've never seen it.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 01:26 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I have never seen Star Wars. Yesterday, I thought I should look into it, after hearing all the fuss, but concluded I am not interested enough to spend the time or money.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 01:47 AM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I have never seen Star Wars. Yesterday, I thought I should look into it, after hearing all the fuss, but concluded I am not interested enough to spend the time or money.
Lol, I just thought I could cheaply purchase or rent them, or get them from the library. And I can't and I don't know why. They are never on TV either. Oh well I'm with you.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 01:55 AM  
ilovemygreatdane

When Star Wars first came out I saw it twice. I fell asleep the first time I saw it. Went again and couldn't figure out how I slept through anything that loud. It was an ok movie for me. Not life changing for me like it was for apparently millions of people. I haven't seen any SW movies since. No desire to see the new one.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 02:13 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I enjoyed the original movie very much, but after that it's all been downhill for me. I only saw two of them and don't remember much except that I didn't care for them. I never saw another one after that. Have no plans to fight the crowds to see the new one.

Lots of people are ardent fans, and that's just fine.
Old 12-20-15, 11:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Episodes I, II, & III were only for the die-hard fans and didn't really add to the saga, IMHO. i'm ashamed to say that Lucas did Episodes I, II & III, and for whatever reason, just weren't as magical. so don't use those as a barometer of this new film. i thought they were very lame, to put it gently.
Yeah, and Lucas went back and added CGI and extra scenes to the originals. So, you are not going to see the original Star Wars unless you have it on VHS or Laser Disc. I loathed parts I-III. Really dreadful!

I really like Harrison Ford, so I will go to see this when the dust settles. (I'm more excited about a possible new Alien sequel with Sigourney Weaver!)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 12:10 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I am a Star Wars fanatic! Here's my personal breakdown and ranking of the movies thus far.

1) Empire Strikes Back aka Episode 5. IMO, the best of the series.
2) Star Wars aka Episode 4. The classic.
3) Return of the Jedi aka Episode 6. This is when they added in stuff strictly to help marketing, not necessarily the plot. Sorry ewoks!

The next trilogy is many steps below the original series. No need to see them unless you're a diehard fan or are into great special effects.

4) Revenge of the Sith aka Episode 3. Has some great action sequences and sums up Anakin's transformation to the dark side nicely.
5) The Phantom Menace aka Episode 1. The only thing that keeps this out of my bottom slot is the Darth Maul fight sequences. Simply amazing!
6) Attack of the Clones. There is nothing redeemable about this movie. It's a disaster! And Hayden Christiansen had me rooting for the dark side.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 12:31 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I am a Star Wars fanatic! Here's my personal breakdown and ranking of the movies thus far.

1) Empire Strikes Back aka Episode 5. IMO, the best of the series.
2) Star Wars aka Episode 4. The classic.
3) Return of the Jedi aka Episode 6. This is when they added in stuff strictly to help marketing, not necessarily the plot. Sorry ewoks!

The next trilogy is many steps below the original series. No need to see them unless you're a diehard fan or are into great special effects.

4) Revenge of the Sith aka Episode 3. Has some great action sequences and sums up Anakin's transformation to the dark side nicely.
5) The Phantom Menace aka Episode 1. The only thing that keeps this out of my bottom slot is the Darth Maul fight sequences. Simply amazing!
6) Attack of the Clones. There is nothing redeemable about this movie. It's a disaster! And Hayden Christiansen had me rooting for the dark side.
This. Nicely put!!

Just FYI, I saw the newest one yesterday, and I LOVED it. It was like all the good stuff about the three originals with none of the garbage of the three newer ones. Well done, folks, well done! The only reason we saw it so early, waited in line, etc., is we received free tickets. Otherwise, I would have waited much longer until the crowds, and the hype, calmed down.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 02:48 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

So which movies should we see before we go to the Theater?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-15, 03:44 PM  
cpcathy

Watch the original trilogy, nothing more. The prequels are a mess, boring and confusing, lots of scenes of people just talking to each other (and not in a good, Tarantino way). If you must, watch episode III, last five minutes are worth it.
I'm a Star Wars fan, saw the original something like five times in the theater, at least. Great fun to watch in a theater, DH and I are going this week.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, spoilers, star wars