Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-11, 12:16 PM  
kariev34

workouts like SS

From 2 past experiences, I know I can't stick with SS workouts. I just find them boring though they are challenging. From what I have read, peopl have had awesome results with them though. Are there any other workouts out there similar to SS that you enjoy more? Can you do a rotation like SS using other videos? Has anyone not liked SS but liked the results so you did them anyway?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 12:38 PM  
MKEMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Has anyone not liked SS but liked the results so you did them anyway?
Me. I did a full 4-week "Slim Training" rotation. It really helped me bust through a plateau and gain strength and endurance in areas where I could not seem to. Though I kind of enjoyed Tone and Shape, and will include them here and there, I did not enjoy them overall. I do plan to do another full rotation as my last "push" when I get closer to my goal weight, but for now I'm focusing on other stuff.

I only have three Jari Love videos, but I think Ripped to the Core and Slim and Lean have a SSish feel to them, and I don't find them quite as tedious.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 12:41 PM  
cherimac

I think Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Fit Body is like a Slim Series workout.
Old 07-23-11, 01:20 PM  
lynfield

I am only able to do one week of the SS Slim Training rotation at a time. I alternate this with a week of BBX Hardcore, Barre, and Kettlebells. I have lost 5 lbs. so far. I am watching what I eat, but I believe this type of training works for me. I am a pear shape and heavy weight workout make me too bulking.
Old 07-23-11, 02:27 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I didn't know if you were talking about Slim Series or Squeeze Stronger..?
Okay, got it - Slim Series! I agree with Cheri's vote for Erin O'Brien workouts. Also Cindy Crawford's workouts give similar results.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 02:29 PM  
edensmom

Dove's workouts are a bit like SS in that she does a lot of reps with light weights like Debbie does, and she skips around doing different things and keeps you moving. Dove does include some floorwork as well, but not as much as Debbie. Jari Love uses a lot of reps but that is the extent to which they are similar IMO. Debbie really targets the waist, hips, and thighs unlike anything else I've found. Another to look at could be Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout, which I have but have never used. I don't find the SS workouts to be particularly fun but they make my legs look great which to me feels very fun! I think the floorwork is what does it for me. I suspect Margaret Richard would fit the bill in this department as well, as she does lots of reps and Is known for tough tough floorwork.
ETA: I just got Shape Your Body a few days ago and I look forward to trying it. I had it in high school but don't remember much about the workout (exceptt those leg swings!) because I was really only interested in cardio and abs back then.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 06:04 PM  
Fitmama

Gin Miller has one called Simply Endurance that is high rep and no rest. I think it is harder than Slim Series but I like the moves better. It is a voice over and I know that bothered some people but I can see why she did it that way. I can't imagine being able to talk through that whole thing. Some of the FIRMs might work for you too.

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slim series