Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-14, 03:38 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
I don't subscribe to Zgym (although love all of Zuzka's free stuff and her dvds!), but I thought I'd chime in because you mentioned you'd like workouts using the UGI ball. A great resource for workouts that use the UGI ball is Chelc21806 youtube channel. She has 100+ workouts and many of them use the UGI ball. Her workouts are definitely Zuzka inspired! However, they aren't professional quality and you can't download them (that i'm aware of), but with 100 workouts to choose from there is a lot of variety!
I've subscribed to Chelc's youtube channel. Thanks for posting about her. What is the intensity level of her workouts ? Are they as tough as Zuzka ?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 05:48 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I've subscribed to Chelc's youtube channel. Thanks for posting about her. What is the intensity level of her workouts ? Are they as tough as Zuzka ?
I wanted to say thanks again to Debbie and Debbie S. for the Chelc recommendation -- I did Vivace #1 last night, as part of a Yin/Chelc/ZWOW mish-mash, and I really liked it. My Ugi got a good mashing lol!

Sancho, as far as intensity, at least on the few I have either tried or previewed, the moves in the Vivace workouts are pretty tough--especially if you use the equipment she uses. Spider push-ups on the Ugi ball were a challenge for me! I'm guessing her sandbag and dip station workouts are even tougher. The one downside I see is that I don't think the workouts are as tough if you don't use the equipment she uses. [In one workout, Vivace #4, she does a burpee/knee up combo with a dip station that looks awesome--so of course, now I need a dip station!]

Still, so far I think Zuzka's are tougher (but this is only a preliminary assessment). The ZWOWs I tend to do (55 and 63 most frequently) have tougher moves (eg. goblet squats, plank pulls, step-ups), shorter breaks between moves, and the moves use more weight. But, maybe someone who has done more of the workouts can give a better answer. The Vivace workouts are definitely in the same league, I think--and they are different enough to give me variety. I plan to use them regularly.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 04:31 PM  
buffmama

When I did the ZWOWs and Vivace workouts I was in my best shape. That's for the heads up on the 5 min workouts that sounds easy enough to work in.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote