Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-14, 02:55 PM  
BamaTanya

Question Mirabai Holland

She seems to have several series: Moving Free, Fabulous Forever, and Longevity Solution. What is the difference among these? Easier vs harder?
Curious . . .
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 03:07 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

It's been awhile but I think Moving Free is easier and Fabulous Forever is a bit harder but not hard. Longevity Solution refers to Moving Free Longevity Solution. I don't know of a set or workout called Longevity Solution unless it's new.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 05:29 PM  
Demeris

I own Moving Free. It's low-key cardio with some range of motion work. I use it when I'm sick. I love it for that purpose. If I had to go without exercising for several months, I might use it to start back.

I don't know about the others.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 08:52 PM  
dnna

I don't really think there is much , or any real difference in the two "series". they are excellent workouts for anyone who is just starting to exercise. particulary older or injured people.
she has such a sweet and kind presence. I own her two stretch tapes and use them often. I have used her cardio which is easier than doing a Leslie. Her strength would be on the level of Tracie Longs strength for seniors.
the workouts are very nicely filmed on the beach. and her voice is very soothing.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 09:25 PM  
BamaTanya

Thanks for the information! I'm planning ahead to a surgery and several week recovery and may reward/motivate myself with some of hers.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-14, 11:15 AM  
rosepetals

I have the whole series. There is not much difference in intensity between sets. My favorite is the first one. Mirabai Holland Fabulous ForeverŪ Easy Cardio Exercise Level 1 DVD. I like her movements better and the music. All of the workouts are nice. The length of the workout increases in the Cardio dance. It does not seem harder.

What I like is her workouts are similar to Leslie, effort wise. She uses different steps which makes the workouts fun. They make you use your memory in order to remember the new steps. In the beginning she tells you the steps. As it progresses she shortens her prompts, so you have to remember. It's not hard, but it does make me think more. Her workouts use your arms more. So it ups the cardio a bit. Most of the video your using your arms and legs at the same time. The steps are not so fast I get tangled up on my own feet tripping.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 02:22 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
I have the whole series. There is not much difference in intensity between sets. My favorite is the first one. Mirabai Holland Fabulous ForeverŪ Easy Cardio Exercise Level 1 DVD. I like her movements better and the music. All of the workouts are nice. The length of the workout increases in the Cardio dance. It does not seem harder.

What I like is her workouts are similar to Leslie, effort wise. She uses different steps which makes the workouts fun. They make you use your memory in order to remember the new steps. In the beginning she tells you the steps. As it progresses she shortens her prompts, so you have to remember. It's not hard, but it does make me think more. Her workouts use your arms more. So it ups the cardio a bit. Most of the video your using your arms and legs at the same time. The steps are not so fast I get tangled up on my own feet tripping.
Reviving thread to say thank you for this suggestion. I'm having days now where I need something gentler (recovering from illness) and I really do enjoy the choreography in Fabulous Forever Easy Cardio. I have FF Easy Aerobics too. Easy Cardio is a favorite. Mirabai has such a nice calm presence it makes for a great start to my day spending time exercising with her.

ETA: Here's a short video clip from one part of Easy Cardio for anyone curious.

http://www.mirabaiholland.com/heart-...e-level-1-dvd/
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 05:20 PM  
Taiga

Sounds like something my neighbor would really enjoy. Just added it to my wish list. I wonder if they are well chaptered?
Old 03-20-16, 05:59 PM  
spotted zebra

Yes, the DVDs I've seen of hers are well chaptered.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginners, mirabai holland