Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-20, 10:05 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Hoping today will go better and less sleepiness than yesterday! Gus is now out with my friends for their walk and trip to the farmer's market. I walked my block from one corner to another - hope to walk around the block tomorrow. I'm still doing my exercises and taking my meds, wearing my massager apparatus and my pressure socks, so obeying all the doctor's orders. I'm sure I'll have another nap in this afternoon . So far so good though!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 02:30 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Anita, sleep is a good thing. If that's (almost) all you get done, great. Very healing. I'm glad you're being a good patient.

Paula, for you it may be fries, for me it's chocolate. If you have chocolate you want to hang on to, keep it out of my sight. Our county has decreasing COVID numbers as well. I hope school reopenings don't jinx that. But your county must be worse if you still haven't opened salons.

Laura, I also feel as if I lose time when I don't get up as early as usual. Hope you were able to fit it all in.

Today I did a Gina B. YouTube workout and the Qi Gong challenge for the day. My Gina B. DVDs came before I worked out, but I had already cued up that workout on my computer, so I went with it. I'm feeling very sleepy and lazy today, so it was perfect.

Have a great evening.
Old 08-25-20, 05:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I got my two videos recorded yesterday which is the main thing I was concerned wouldn't happen. Now, I just need to edit them. I had an in-person training session this morning. This afternoon, I went to pick up library books and found out that one of the books I had ordered was at another library, so I headed over there. It wasn't ready, but I finally found someone to bring it out to me. It took longer than anticipated to get my books, but I have them now. Then, I went to the grocery store.

Anita - I don't think sleeping post surgery should be called naps. It's healing sleep! Good job on following doctor's orders.

Paula - Yay on the declining numbers in your county. Let's hope it's a trend that continues. We have been in stage 2 in our county for months and we still haven't gone to stage 3 with gyms or bars open or larger gatherings. I guess that's good because the numbers in North Carolina have been high seemingly forever, but they seem to be coming down a little finally.

Dede - I guess I'm the best rounded person here because fries AND chocolate both appeal to me. I'm getting into Gina B. these days. I tried her original DVD and didn't like it and never did another of her workouts. But, through the magic of YouTube, I'm now enjoying her workouts. I'll be interested to hear about what you think about the DVDs.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 08:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Only workout was a neighborhood walk with DH. He's starting to feel better and wants to start walking again. We did some flying today and it was nice to get out of the house.

Anita, good work on walking a whole city block. I'm with Laura, sleeping after surgery isn't a nap, it's healing sleep.

DeeDee, I love chocolate as well as fries. Just finished a chocolate power bar. We did reopen salons and gyms etc. before but then we had a spike and the Gov. made our county close down again. Might have something to do with the fact the County Supervisors lied to the Govenor about our actual numbers the first go round (not a good move). Needless to say the County Supervisors are on the hot seat at the moment.

Laura, good job getting your videos recorded. I know yur area is more open than mine as I hear from family reqularly. They seem to have access to more services than we do.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 10:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I had a good sleep and am now alternating Tylenol and oxycodeine the entire day - all at the one pill level, no doubles. I did two walks around the block yesterday and once this morning - might try adding another block later today. So far so good! I'm pooping too! So glad the laxatives are working! My friends are walking with me around the block and are now taking Gus to the park for a walk - couldn't ask for better! Frankly, I'm hoping all continues to improve! I'm being good getting my exercises in also!

Dede, my friends are feeding me all healthy food - no chocolate . Frankly I'm doing OK without it! Their variety of food that they eat is nice! A salad might have 12 ingredients in it - mine would have three and be considered exotic!

Laura, my friend is using my library card to get things in this town - so far so good! She has to make pick-up appointments and show up in a 10 minute block or lose the books! I've been indulging in the healing sleep quite a bit! I've been lucky not to wake up in utter miserable pain during the night.

Paula, glad DH is feeling better! How were they able to get the stones out of him? Glad he feels well enough for flights! .

Anita
Old 08-26-20, 12:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is just sort of disappearing, not sure where it's going. I went for a short walk this morning. DH is feeling pretty bad today. He tried to go on a walk, so we went a short way and then came back home where I dropped him off and then I added on another leg. I cooked lunch for DH, too. This afternoon, I'll take DH to his PT appointment and I'll try to fit in a workout. And I still need to edit my videos.

Anita - Wow. That's strict. We have 15 minutes and they leave the bag sitting there. They check the books back in if you don't pick them up in 3 days. It sounds like you are making progress! Congrats on taking one pill at a time. It's great you are poopin' and NOT waking up in the middle of the night with pain.

Paula - Yeah, we are definitely more open than you are. We've been at that medium level of openness since May which means we can do most of what we want except go to the gym, a bar, or in-person church services.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-26-20, 08:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Chair Cardio/Strength followed by Yoga with Adriene - Gentle Yoga. We got a lot done today. We managed to wash windows and clean closets. One good thing about not leaving as much as before COVID is my home is cleaner. I am slowly attacking all those "someday" projects. I even washed the back bedroom bedspread - which probably hasn't been washed in over a year.

Anita, so glad your recovery is going well! Sleeping through the night is a biggie. Life without chocolate is livable - but I wouldn't want to test it for too long. I love a good salad with lots of ingrediants - I even make one once in a while. My DH hasn't had his procedure yet - it's scheduled for September 1. He's just recovering from a passing thing.

Laura, isn't it funny now we're home more that the days just disappear just like they did before. I am not trying to get in to the library, just getting ebooks and audio books from the library site on the internet. I long for the day when we get to that level of openness.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 05:44 AM  
boakley
VF Supporter

Hi! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a great day/weekend. Friends came over Saturday evening, and we got out in our new kayaks both Saturday and Sunday morning. Sunday morning was gorgeous - water like glass, and for whatever reason we had the entire lake to ourselves, aside from a few loons, and an occasional fish jumping.

Anita! I'm glad you're recovering and following Doctor's orders Your friends salads sound like ours which we have probably 5 days a week - greens, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, sprouts, pumpkin seeds, bell pepper, cucumber, feta, sometimes more, sometimes less LOL

As for the theme - love it, and fries! Sweet potato fries, regular fries, whatever, I'm in!

DH and I are going away for a few days to a remote cabin on a lake - no wifi, solar powered. We had a mini trip planned in early August but it got cut short when we had to come back for DH's grandma's funeral. She was 92 and survived Covid, but it weakened her, and left some breathing issues behind. She had a stroke and passed a few days later. Its been a difficult summer, so we are taking the extra time off. Looking forward to the solitude.

I will try be better about getting in here at least once a week. Work is still very busy and I am still working from home. Waves to all!

Beth

Tom Petty
boakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 09:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'll be going in for PT today and hopefully they will be on the impressed side of the PT with what I've managed to be able to do (and not yelled at for doing too much). I did do two blocks for a walk yesterday and did one with a bit of hill slope to it. I do have some neighbors that cheer me down the street .

Laura, I still wake in the middle of the night and take a painkiller (1 am for Tylenol and 5 am for oxycodone) - my bladder is waking me more than pain, but figure its good to be covered.

Paula, I did some more cleaning projects with Covid and anticipated guests for helping me around the house now. They do cook from scratch with ingredients so lots of stray chopped leaves, etc in my kitchen now. I gotta say, my cooking was simply punching a hole in the frozen bag before putting it in the microwave . (Hers is tastier! ). I am sleeping well through the night - without my sleep supplement. I'm lucky in that I can just nap during the day if I feel like it also. I hope next Tuesday will clear out your DH's kidneys!

Beth, Glad you had a good birthday! Your salad is very similar to what I've been eating! Enjoy your time at your cabin!

Anita
Old 08-27-20, 12:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy morning with another in-person training session. I'm enjoying working with this woman. This afternoon, come hell or high water, I'm getting those videos edited!

DH has just felt so bad this week with crippling fatigue. That has meant that I've been picking up a lot of slack around the house getting done and helping him get his stuff done. That has sucked up most of the time I've had to get my stuff done. But it's important. I just hope his doctor can figure out something because we think that the medication that is majorly helping him to have less pain is causing the fatigue. He says he knows what fibromyalgia fatigue feels like and this is not that.

Anita - After I had my knee replacement, the PT who visited me at home told me to go for a walk around the neighborhood with my walker. I told her I had no problem with that, but my family would have reservations about whether I should do it. So on the way out of the house after the visit, she yelled back at me to go for a walk around the neighborhood. My family was fine with it after that...

Beth - Glad to hear you had a good birthday. Have a great trip. It sounds like the definition of "getting away".

Paula - Congrats on getting so much done. We've gotten a few projects done, but not nearly as many as I'd hope.

Laura's Workout Mantras: