Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-09, 03:42 PM  
Becky

Hi annie,

$50 is a steal!

To do a wide plie, you just turn sideways instead of facing the bar.

I hope that helps!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 06:03 AM  
annie8

I ended up getting the bar on craigslist for $50 and to my surprise(since it wasn't listed this way) all 3 dvd's, the ball and stretchbands came with it!! I am so completely impressed with this bar!! For me, there is a major difference between using a chair and this bar. I'm really impressed with the fluidity workouts too. I've only done the beg and int. Looking forward to trying the adv.
Ann
annie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 06:45 AM  
snapfish45

I bought the Cardio Barre a few years ago and use it all the time. I purchased mine new with workouts and 1 lb weights for $69.99. My sister and I purchased them together and they combined the shipping to make it even more affordable. I can't believe how much the price has gone up! If it were me, I would base my decision on what I could get for the best price. I see good deals for Fluidity all the time on Craigs List. Cardiobarre was not as popular so there are not as many for sale secondhand.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 04:36 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
If you buy one used, beware. I bought mine about 3 yrs ago and it was quite wobbly and the wooden bar slides out of the side brackets rather easily. (IMO) It spins around too which feels very awkward when I am trying to balance on it. After hearing so many raves here about how wonderful and sturdy it is, I called CS to see if mine might be defective.

Well, it's not considered "defective" but they did say that they are made differently now, and there is a screw that holds the bar in place. They tried to explain to me how to fix mine, but there is no hole in the metal base to put the screw in, and I am afraid that if I tried to drill a hole in the bar I will end up ruining it. I realize I bought it a long time ago but all together I spent about $250 on this thing. I shouldn't have to 'fix' it. They obviously realized that it was built poorly or they wouldn't have updated it. IMO, it serves its purpose but the price is NOT justified.
I read this entire post and still can't figure out if you are referring to the Cardio Barre or the Fluidity Barre, LOLOLOL

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 04:51 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
I read this entire post and still can't figure out if you are referring to the Cardio Barre or the Fluidity Barre, LOLOLOL
Fluidity...sorry, I tend to rush when I post from work cuz I'm afraid my boss will walk in & see me playing!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 05:14 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Fluidity...sorry, I tend to rush when I post from work cuz I'm afraid my boss will walk in & see me playing!
Well, we will see. I just bought it used from Craig's List. The barre and DVDs (don't know how many) for $75. I asked when she got it and she said the Fall of 2007, and that she didn't know of any changes to the barre. Said she only used it 3 times. I will probably be listing it on CL next year too, LOL, as I try to get rid of equip I don't use. But I am HOPING that I will stick with it because I need this kind of work. I am going to look for that screw in the barre as soon as I see it. LOL

Old 08-06-09, 10:39 PM  
kandy

I found one on my local Craigslist last night after reading this post. I am picking it up Saturday as it is about an hour and half away but I'm getting the bar, bands, ball and DVD's for $40.00. It was listed less than 3 hours before I spotted it, and if not for this post I never would have checked Craigslist! I always forget about it for some reason?

This will be my first Craig's List purchase. I have Classical Stretch Back to Jamaica and I know that I'm not getting the same affect with my dining room chair as it is not stable enough to support my weight without tipping. I'm really looking forward to checking this out!

“Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.”
- Unknown
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 11:18 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy View Post
I found one on my local Craigslist last night after reading this post. I am picking it up Saturday as it is about an hour and half away but I'm getting the bar, bands, ball and DVD's for $40.00. It was listed less than 3 hours before I spotted it, and if not for this post I never would have checked Craigslist! I always forget about it for some reason?

This will be my first Craig's List purchase. I have Classical Stretch Back to Jamaica and I know that I'm not getting the same affect with my dining room chair as it is not stable enough to support my weight without tipping. I'm really looking forward to checking this out!
Holy Cow! Your deal was even better than mine, I got the whole shebang for $75 and am drooling over my great luck! I too forget about CL! I need to make it an automatic thing before going out to buy. I used to do that with ebay and forget that too. This thread also caused ME to check CL and bam, there it was brand new listing. The funny thing is, there were about 10 Fluidity ads, many with only the barre or less stuff than this woman had, and they were right there selling for double what she was asking! I guess it just depends on who wants to get rid of it more. But HERE is the real kicker and why I feel so blessed. I asked this woman where she lives and it turns out that she lives in the next closest subdivision to us out here!! Like 5 miles away, I pass her subdivision every time I go anywhere from here, because we are kind of tucked away from the rest of the world, Haha. I could not BELIEVE my luck!! When you leave here, you have to go 5 miles before you get anywhere else, and that is where she is. Meant to be!!

OH< Classical Stretch!!! I have always had to put my foot on the ledge in the windowsill, now I will have a barre!! and when I get P57, wahoo, I am set!

Old 08-07-09, 12:45 PM  
eastblvd

I found a very sweet Craigslist seller who will sell the full package (minus ball) for $100. She's a bit far away, but I don't mind the drive.

Worth it?

Thanks!
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 01:29 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

OMG yes! Check the site and see how pricey this stuff is! I am absolutely beyond thrilled at the $75 deal I got, and I would have paid THAT for the barre alone!

Tags
cardio barre, fluidity bar