Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-11-20, 10:51 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, this night shift is just temporary, isn't it? I hope so, but I'm glad the night shift people are helping him learn.

SB, highs in the 70's would be ideal in my book, too! It's nice you're able to get out to lunch so often lately, I miss that.

Yesterday after the Gina, I used the treadmill a few times, and did a lower body weight workout that felt pretty tough, and after dinner YT Leslie 10 minute Walk Down Your Blood Sugar. I kept the same pace pretty much the whole time since I wasn't looking to work up a sweat.

I did that this morning! A 10 minute walk, then decided I should mow the back lawn since it was early and fairly cool. It took me 20 minutes, and I used the heavier mower cause the grass had gotten too tall, so I count that as a strong functional fitness workout Since I was sweaty, I went ahead and did 35 minutes on the treadmill when I came in, then did some yoga. I showered, ate breakfast, and then did 10 easy, no sweat minutes on the treadmill. I will do at least 10 more after dinner.

Hi to everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 09:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Terri, that's a lot of exercise for the morning, I'm exhausted just reading about it! Great job! We are hoping the night shift is temporary.

SB, you are Turning into such a social butterfly! I hope you had a great time.

Since I'm working out so late at night I'm trying for fun workouts to help motivate me. Today I tried BeFit's 10M Cardio Fitness Party with Keaira LaShae. I've never heard burpee in a dance workout before . Next I tried SuperheroFitTV {again Keaira} in Fun 3M walk/dance. I didn't think it was very fun, we did basically the same thing in the same order for all 3 miles. I went into a CD midway though the 3rd mile.

have a fun weekend

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 07:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 54 minute walk in the morning and that was it again. I'm still holding out hope for some weights or pilates one of these days. I may walk today but I'm getting my hair colored so I should get out there before my hair appt.

The lunch yesterday was a lot of fun again.
My friend wants to make it a weekly thing now so I'll see how it goes. With the cooler weather coming soon I'm sure the outdoor dining won't be comfortable in another month or so and I'm not sure how I feel about the indoor dining yet.

PENGUIN, sorry the workouts weren't as much fun as advertised but you were moving which is good. I hope the night shift is temporary too.

TERRI, very nice job walking, yoga and mowing. You're getting a lot of activity throughout your day.

Waves to all. Have a great weekend!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 12:27 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, I used to log my workouts, and if they were fun I put a big, red, smiley face by them. Unfortunately, when I quit exercising I threw that log book out. I do wish I had it now. I hope you can find something fun today.

SB, you're doing great with all the walks, and it's so nice to get out and have lunch with a friend.

I did my after dinner walk last night, with Leslie (what else?)

Today I started out walking to an Above Inspiration clip, then more dancey walking to Playing For Change's version of Don't Worry, Be Happy. That was a happy workout, but the song was only about 5 minutes long. They mostly had children singing and playing in it, and at one point these two young girls did a sort of forward side step and hamstring curl move!!! I did that a few times. I've also been on the treadmill a couple of times.

Hi to everybody

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 09-12-20, 08:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I'm glad the lunch went well and it could be a regular thing. Here we are hoping that in a month or so it will be cool enough to consider eating outside! I'm very much an indoor cat. Heat and AC are my friends.

Terri, frankly I'm having trouble just finding a workout much less trying to find one I've liked and done before. I like your smiley face idea. If I do rate some of my workouts in my paper log. Yuck or Good, seem to be the most used terms

Today I did Body Project's LI HI Int Cardio. Not fun either. These are getting rather hit or miss. I did figure out that i like the ones that Alex leads with the guy as her sidekick. Not really sure how to tell that from the picture and short title, but I can try

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 07:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk in the morning and then I joined a 5 day challenge with Trifecta Pilates so I did day 1 in the afternoon. The workout was just meh to me but I may try to finish out the challenge.
I am planning a walk today and hopefully day 2 of the challenge. I was actually in long sleeves for my morning walk yesterday! It's been awhile since I needed long sleeves.

TERRI, nice walks throughout your day.

PENGUIN, I don't know if you've tried Pahla B but I read a lot about her on GD.
I subscribed to her channel but haven't tried her workouts yet. From what I've read, she's quite a talker though.
Our weather is perfect for the most part in September and most of October but by the end of October into November it gets pretty chilly, highs in the 50s or cooler. Gorgeous walking weather but not so good for sitting outside eating.

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 09-13-20, 12:29 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I did 15 minutes for my after dinner walk last night...but then, I ate more
So, I did another short one.

Today I went out and watered and weeded some, did a YT Leslie, actually I did two 15 minute ones. The first had a warm up, and the 2nd a cool down, so they worked out great. They aren't the most exciting or fun workouts, but they're so doable, no dread factor, and I can go easier if I'm doing a "no sweat" walk, so I'm doing a lot of her stuff right now.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything else today, except after my ONE dinner tonight!

Hi to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

Old 09-14-20, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 48 minute walk in the morning and that was it. I met another friend in the afternoon to see a local band we like play outdoors. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more. I don't think I'll revisit the Trifecta Pilates challenge but you never know.

TERRI, maybe I need to try fitting in more short walks throughout my day. I sometimes find myself grazing all day long but I very rarely eat again after dinner.

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 09-15-20, 07:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I switched my routine up a little bit. I did the weight workout from KCM's new Boxfit in the morning and then I did a 45 minute walk in the afternoon. It worked out well. I was a little pre-fatigued for the walk. That KCM workout moved quickly and got my heartrate up. I even have slight DOMS today so I consider it a success.
There was this one move where you're in a squat position and your bending side to side holding weights and she says this gets your whole muffin top area. And sure enough I feel a little DOMS right on the sides of my waist toward the back as promised.
Good stuff. I am planning a walk today and maybe pilates?

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-15-20, 02:15 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I just finished posting a few minutes ago, when my internet crashed or something, so if you see the same info twice - that's why. This post will be briefer.

Anyhow greetings to all. I'm back from my short stay at the seashore where I did some hiking and biking for exercise.

today:Some step with Marcus Irwin
yesterday: one hour walk

SB- Your new Kelly sounds interesting. Is the other half kickboxing?
Terri - I need to get to weeding, like you. I've been neglecting that chore.
PPI hope you have adjusted to hubby's new schedule.