Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-20, 08:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 49 minute walk in the morning and that was it. I really need to get motivated for some weights or pilates. I am planning a walk soon and hopefully more.

TERRI, nice job with the walking and weight work. That does sound like a good upper body workout in 8 minutes! I have a barlates dvd I haven't tried yet called "focused 5 mins series." It has several short segments focusing on different body parts and exercise types. Maybe that will help me fit some weight work in.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 10:19 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello everyone. Here are my workouts of late:
Saturday: On-Line Yoga class and 1 hour walk
Sunday: 3 km woods walk with Woody
Monday: Nada
Today: Hi-Def Sculpt (Annie Lee), and I have a 1 hour walk scheduled for this afternoon.
Also, somewhere in there I did an on-line Pilates class, too.

Who knew? Google runs on-line real time classes for their employees all day. I am benefitting from that while DD is here.

Terri: I think that's a good idea about the walking after dinner. Can't work for me as it's usually pitch dark by the time we finish dinner, though. Horribly late eaters!

SB: Yes, me too having trouble motivating for strength work. I had to kind of just force myself today. Actually, it felt good to do it.
Old 09-08-20, 01:16 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Nora, it's still light till about 7:45 here, and that's about the only time it's actually cool enough to walk outside! I stop eating entirely by 7 PM, I found if I eat any later it interferes with my sleep.

SB I didn't think the 8 minutes would do much, but it did at least get me using those muscles. I just dread the thought of putting in a long weight workout, even tho once I start, I enjoy it.

I did do a 10 minute Leslie from YT after dinner last night!

This morning, another YT Leslie -- 2 Mile Walk Strong. I only used 1lb weights, because I figure it wasn't really strength, just a calorie boost. I did a little more walking on my own and had to do my own stretch - she didn't even do her normal calf stretches, just reach over head, to the front, & to the back.

I saw The Original Jane Fonda Workout on amazon Prime, and considered trying it 1st, but it was listed as over 1:30, and I wasn't up for that! I want to remember to watch some of it later, to see what it's like. Maybe I can do part of it as my 10 minutes after dinner movement.

Hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 07:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 54 minute walk in the morning and did a couple of segments from the barlates focused 5 mins series and then the pretzel core toner from CF Lean & Toned. That actually sounded like more than it really was, it was about 20 minutes or so of work. I'm going for my crown this morning and then I'm supposed to meet some friends for lunch. I'm not sure how that's going to work out but hopefully I'll be able to eat something. And hopefully I'll be able to fit a walk in somewhere too.

TERRI, nice walking and stretching. I don't think I've ever done a Jane Fonda workout in all these years. Have fun if you do some of it

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 09-09-20, 07:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So we had a nice vacation. We are planning a camping trip Sunday-Tuesday so we spent time getting it ready, planning and synchronizing our schedules, hanging out and trying to run errands. Today is Hubby's first day back to work , but first thing this morning Hubby got a text from Boss Lady saying that she had two people out and he needs to switch to nights for the time being. 8:30-7am. Staring today! So Hubby just left. At least the off days are the same so we don't miss the camping trip, but all these schedule changes are driving me nuts! I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to fit in a workout from now on with this new sleep schedule

DJ, welcome. Nice to meet a fellow Knitter! My church has a Knitting Ministry so I'm kept busy knitting and crocheting for them. Mostly baby blankets and hats

Nora, way to go Google! I like to hear about companies that care about the health of their workers!

Terri, a 1:30 workout is very intimidating for me!

SB. I hope that your crown/lunch went well!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-20, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 2 walks, 25 minutes and 30 minutes, to the restaurant and back.
I figured that was a good way to get my walking in. The restaurant is right across the street from the little trail I walk on so it was really like part of my regular route.
The dentist prepped my tooth and took the impression for the crown but I have to go back in 2 weeks to get it put on. He usually does it all in one visit but he said he didn't have the time yesterday to do it all at once.
Whatever. The hard part is over, hopefully. It's raining today so probably a dvd workout.

PENGUIN, sounds like you got a lot done on your "vacation." Oh this new schedule for hubby sounds like a tough one. All those schedule changes would drive me crazy too.
At least you have your camping trip to look forward to. We had a nice time at the lunch with my friends. We were at the restaurant about 4 hours but we sat outside and it was a lot of fun catching up.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 09-10-20, 12:27 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, that spur of the moment schedule change would be so frustrating! I hope it isn't too rough to get used to. The camping sounds like it'll be great, though!

SB, it's nice that you live close enough to walk to the restaurant. Is Barlates fun? I thought I had something with that title, but the closest I see is Balocity, and I don't think I've ever tried it.

Yesterday I started with a YT Leslie, that was odd because it had parts of different workouts, so different people, and the timer showed (naturally) a different amount of time left. I did an upper body weight workout, and some on the treadmill. After dinner I did a 12 minute fat burning walk with Leslie, but not as fast as she did.

This morning, a 10 Minute Salsa Walk with Gina B, but there was also a warm up before the timer started, and a cool down I FF to, and so 20 minutes total. I would someday like to do that whole 50 minutes, but realistically don't think it'll happen. I may try one of the other 10 minute walks, though.

Hi to everybody

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 09-10-20, 12:59 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Jane's workout

I did watch some of that Jane Fonda workout, and AUGH! High impact cardio and very bouncy stretching in the warm up! I FF to farther in, and still they were doing things I know would injure me. Everybody looked extremely thin and fit, and colorful, but this was a big NO for me.

Meister Eckhart

Old 09-10-20, 08:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, lets just say that last schedule change put me over the edge and I had a meltdown. Hubby was very supportive. He did have a good first day. His training is still behind but some of the people on nights are helping him. And he got to work an airplane by himself, well, assign other people to work on it.

Terri, I've noticed that if I do a fast Leslie my hips start to hurt. I don't have that problem with other workouts. I think the fast pace is just too fast. Not very encouraging. I hate stretching during the warm up! I know there have been a lot of changes to fitness over the years so looking back at the older workouts can be enlightening, but I don't think I'd do them either.

Tomorrow 9/11 is hubby's Birthday. He did have the day off but the new schedule means he has to work. Its been a bit of a somber affair since 2001. We usually celebrate on another day, so this year will be part of the camping trip, but I bought him a slice of carrot cake which I'm going to sneak into his lunch along with cards from me and my parents. Hopefully, that will lift his spirits.

So based on when Hubby gets up and leaves for work this has me doing my workout at 8pm at night. We just got off a 5am day shift that had me getting ready for bed about this time. Gah! Today I did Body Projects LI All standing 30m cardio {this was not a fun dancy one} and UTTB's 10m morning walk. I'm trying to stay up later on days that i don't have to get up early to get me on more of Hubby's shift and i can text him, at least.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-20, 08:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday it actually stopped raining by midday so I was able to go for a 49 minute walk. I almost talked myself into a short weight workout but I just couldn't pull the trigger for some reason. Weights are usually my thing. I am planning a walk soon, the weather seems to be cooling off somewhat. Highs in the 70s which is really ideal in my book. My friend is starting back to work next week, she's a teacher's assistant, so she wanted to meet for lunch one last time before she's back to work so I'm off to another lunch date today.
I've been out to lunch more times this week than I've been in the last 6 months

TERRI, nice job with your walks and weight work, especially the after dinner walks.
I haven't been able to motivate myself for that but I want to. Yeah I would pass on that old Jane Fonda workout too. I have several barlates dvds but I just can't seem to like them like I think I should. Linda Wooldridge (I think her name is different now after her divorce) has soooo many workouts on dvd and her site and on youtube too. She does so many different types of workouts, barre, pilates, weights, hiit, she's very prolific. But she moves way too fast for me in many instances and she does endless reps on one body part and I just find her workouts more grueling than fun. But I keep trying

PENGUIN, hang in there with the schedule changes. It does sound very tough but hopefully once hubby gets settled into a regular schedule it will be workable.
That was sweet to put the cake and cards in hubby's lunch for his birthday. I hope you enjoy the celebration on the camping trip!

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!