Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-06-20, 09:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Here is a link to one of the instructors of GHUTV channel. Lindsay is one of the guest instructors there. Fantastic workouts here and very much in the spirit of GHUTV. Fairly tough and athletic. Tough! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIi...vSPPL_50gefFtw
Old 09-07-20, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did:

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 7 - which was a walk on the treadmill for me.

Trifecta Pilates - Stretch and Strengthen workout - this one used a foam roller as a prop. I enjoy Beth's workouts when she uses different props.

Today, I went off the plan. My back is feeling a bit off, and I think it may be Pahla B. overload that is causing it. As much as I enjoy her workouts there is a lot of repetition between them and it is a lot of sneaky core work, which I think has caught up to me. That is about all I can come up w/ to explain why I'm feeling this way - b/c there wasn't an "a ha" moment where i felt that I tweaked something, so that is my working theory for now. It may be a combo of a bunch of stuff, too, but, needless to say doing a push day w/ heavier weights was not in the cards for me!

So I did:

Cocolime Fitness - Cardio M.I.T - 30 minutes - this was a bit more gentle and joint friendly for me this morning.

I also added on Trifecta Pilates - inner leg workout (8 min) w/ Pilates ring and Jessica Valent's Pilates for legs - I did skip some of the exercises in this one but overall it was a good routine.

So, I think I'll take this week off from Pahla and maybe pick it back up next week.....(or not, LOL!)

Dana - I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm an introvert as well and while i have many "acquaintances" I have a limited number of true friends...Big Hugs to you.

Linda - I used to play my own music w/ the Slim workouts, too, it did make them more enjoyable!

Cheri and Carol - Oh my, you are tempting me w/ Lisa! LOL.

Waves, Brenda and Christine....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 08:55 AM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Defined Arms
PBL No Frills

Carol-the newer workouts I have done so far have fewer reps. I like the typical 8-10 range of traditional Pilates. Lisa's 20 can be grueling. Congratulations again on your weight loss.

Donna-i generally get an itch for something different in my workouts about every 1 1/2 to 2 years.

Happy Labor Day. I worked last night from 7-11 pm doing a store reset, so I am tired.
Old 09-07-20, 08:11 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna using your own music isn't always possible..but it is very invigorating when you can! There are several Cathe workouts that have been saved by own playlist!

Cheri changing only every one to two years is amazing. I look at my use of trainers like I would if I was a member of a gym. Although I would like to take the same class, you don't usually get the same teacher..and certainly not the same person for every type of class. So I kind of treat it like I'm visiting different classes

Carol long weekends are good for purging/organizing..good for you!

Dana was that YouTube link supposed to take us to a nourishmovelove playlist? I wasn't sure which video you wanted us to view.

I did Taebo Live Basic #2 and CS Bodyshaping. They combined well considering Taebo didn't have much of a cooldown. Miranda irritated me in this CS workout with several references to working on batwings, saddlebags, etc. I guess it's to be expected with a title like Bodyshaping but really didn't appreciate it. I will mute the workout next time because it is actually a solid exercise sequence and feels great all over with some nice floorwork.

Wave to Brenda and Christine!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 05:55 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were:

Lauren Gleisberg - Week 1, Day 3, Cardio & Stretching - 40;
Pilates By Lisa - Spring into Summer Leg Sculpt Workout - 18 minutes

Since Lauren's cardio workouts for this plan are simply walking, I just adjusted my days to do my walking while I could. I'll go back and pick up Day 2 probably today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Lisa's workout wasn't too bad - only 10 reps of most things, thank goodness. It was filmed oceanside and you could hear the waves crashing in the background. I did have some streaming issues which were frustrating. I know it's my crappy (and expensive) internet provider.

Linda - Nice job with your TaeBo and Classical Stretch. Miranda, bless her heart, usually irritates me because I find her lack of cuing annoying. I probably wouldn't be any more lost if I muted her than I am when I listen for her cues. Yes, our distance learning numbers are very low, in part because we serve 3 year olds through 8th grade. If we served high schoolers, I could see it being higher. I haven't heard what the public schools' numbers look like. Then too, there's the factor that we live in an area where folks think the virus is overblown for political purposes.

Cheri - Yes, if I know it's going to be 20 reps, I often only do 10 of them. I feel like I'm cheating, but then I feel like 20 reps of 10 different exercises working the same muscles is a bit of overkill. I get the itch for something different about every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, not years.

Donna - I found the same thing (overuse injuries with Pahla), particularly with my shoulders. Her warmups with the arm circles got to be very uncomfortable after a while. Lisa's workouts can't be beat as far as production values go.

Dana - You would love our weather here the next couple of days. Temps falling all day, with cold rain, in the 30s tonight and a high tomorrow, with rain, of 45. This after highs in the 90s for the last many days.

Waves to all ~ back to school we go. This will probably be an interesting week.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 06:57 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Fat Burning Cardio Walk - 20min
DY Hard Core & Sore - 32min

I finally started back on Week 5 of FF8 program. It felt good to go back to it after a week's hiatus. I like the stretches at the end and my body feels good.

Linda, the link I provided was only meant to take you to Lindsay's playlist - in case someone wasn't familiar with her. I only know her from GHUTV website and I personally wasn't aware that she has her own youtube channel. Some good workouts there.

I have to go to the office today and I'm actually looking forward to it. I need a distraction.

Waves to Cheri, Carol, Donna, Linda, Brenda and Christine!
Old 09-08-20, 07:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I ended up taking an outdoor walk in addition to my workout and then I did a few yoga/stretch practices:

Blissasana (You Tube) - 10 Min routine for back care
Ellen B - Sunset stretch

Today, so far has been:

Chris Freytag - 1 Mile Power Walk (from Walk, Sweat & Sculpt) this is a nice routine, the time goes by pretty quickly!

Jessica Valent - Celebrate Your Body; 5 Min Triceps

I may sneak another walk in today, too.

Dana - good work, and yes, sometimes going in to the office or focusing on work or some other task is a good distraction....

Carol - nice workout! I am with you, I get bored much more often than every year or two, LOL! I agree that Pahla may be a bit too repetitive at times and it may end up resulting in over use injuries For me, I think it is the standing/twisty core work and, honestly, some of the balance work - and both of those things are good for me, but maybe not daily.

Linda - I don't know if I have that CS routine, I probably do and just don't recognize the title, I feel that the titles of so many workouts overlap and confuse me these days - it used to be just the FIRM that confused me, but now it is everyone, LOL!

Cheri - nice work!

There are a couple of free challenges coming up over the next week or two, I have to decide which ones, if any, to do and how to work them in. Robin is doing a 5 day challenge, Emma from e-Pilates is doing a 5 day barre challenge and Beth from Trifecta is doing a 5 or 7 day (I can't remember which~) Pilates challenge. Beth said hers would be up for 10 days, so I will do hers last. Robin and Emma's are the same week - so I may end up doing both of those....15-20 minutes each workout...we'll see.

Waves, Brenda and Christine....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 09:32 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Linda, the link I provided was only meant to take you to Lindsay's playlist - in case someone wasn't familiar with her. I only know her from GHUTV website and I personally wasn't aware that she has her own youtube channel. Some good workouts....
Dana I had never heard of her but WOW she has SO MANY videos and free challenges. I previewed and it was metabolic and definitely high intermediate. Looks like lots of different approaches though so I'm sure there's something for everyone. Thanks for sharing!
Have you posted in the YouTube finds thread? I may post there if you haven't.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 10:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana I had never heard of her but WOW she has SO MANY videos and free challenges. I previewed and it was metabolic and definitely high intermediate. Looks like lots of different approaches though so I'm sure there's something for everyone. Thanks for sharing!
Have you posted in the YouTube finds thread? I may post there if you haven't.
No, I haven't posted it. Feel free to do so, Linda!
Old 09-08-20, 11:50 AM  
cherimac

P

PBL Spring into Summer Core with More
PBL Graceful Flow Stretch

Lisa reminds me of a Brooke Burke meets Pilates type workout. Lisa's moves are definitely Pilates, but the way she combines them and the number of reps makes them more like Brooke, if that makes sense.

Carol~I quite liked the routine today. It more legs and total body using your core to stabilize. So it felt full body. And I don't do 20 reps all the time either. There's really no need for it.

You guys make me feel better, haha. I now realize that I do have a lot of contentment with an instructor/workout for a long time...until I just don't.

Linda~Debbie Seibers stuff is quite grueling.

And, no idea why that P is at the top of my post.