Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-22-20, 06:34 PM  
Rose

Hello!

A 2 mile walk this morning.
Streaming BodyElectric episode 407. This one follows Margaret's tried and true format, all lower body on the mat. Some of the exercises seemed harder so I clocked them to see if they were longer than the DVDs. The warm-up was 4 minutes, then onto hamstrings clocking in at 3 min. 30 sec. each leg. Glutes lasted 3 minutes and outer thighs 3 min. 30 sec. each leg. Cool-down was 3 minutes. The workout was 27 minutes.

Tomorrow I'll match the DVD time.My VCR isn't set up after having to move it for the storm. Okay, why I am I obsessing? On the DVD, say, 'Muscle & Grace', a 30 minutes segment has Warm-up, Abs, Outer & Inner Thighs, Glues, Hamstrings/Quads, Calves & Cool-down. That's a lot in 30 minutes!
Where the streaming episode had 5 segments.

Songs: Some bad news about streaming. For the hamstrings , she repeated the same song for each hamstring. She did the same with the outer thighs. The first repeat was a Grace Jones song I never heard, and for outer thighs something called Montego Bay by Amazulu. Here's the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOt-GktrB98

It's a fun song but I don't want to hear it twice in a row! I don't know if she continues to do this throughout the shows. Does anyone know?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 06:40 PM  
Rose

Hello!

My reviews are so long, I wanted another space for personals.

Donna-Shoveling snow for hours, that's some good pilates program!
When you were doing the push-up circuit, did you do sets of 20 everyday or did you take a break? Yeah, I can see how that would burn you out. Who wants exercise to be a boring chore with so much variety available?

PatYour avatar is great! Perfect for the season.

Summer BreezeYou must be in pretty good shape to work to Tracie Long. She's pretty tough, isn't she?

Okay, off to do some Qigong and call it a night.
Happy Autumn Equinox!
Old 09-23-20, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't sleep well last night - so I got up late and had limited time, but I did:

Faithful Workouts - Yoga in the Barn - from the DVD set that just came out. This was a traditional flow but enjoyable.

I plan to walk or do something else later....

Yesterday DD and I took a walk at lunch and then I did CS 1315 after work.

Gypsy Rose - thanks for the reviews! When I did the push-up program, I think i did it 4X per week - back then I worked from home 2 days per week so I'm thinking I did it on the weekends and then again on the days I worked from home. I think my circuit was - push-ups, pull downs (I had a band set up in the ceiling in the unfinished part of the basement), squats and "monster" walks (walking laterally with the band around the ankles) and maybe some lunges. It did get to be a chore - but my arms did look fabulous!

Agreed, Summer - Tracie scares me!

Pat - good job fitting in what you could - that is what it is all about!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Forgot to add - I have resolution on my job situations - which means a difficult conversation w/ my current supervisor....but I think it is for the best - at least I know it is for the best for me...

Wish me luck, I hate these things....and it is so weird doing it remotely.

Donna
Old 09-23-20, 08:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a Pilates by Lisa core & more workout and a lower body add-on. I also did a 54 minute walk in the afternoon.
I had done a PBL free trial in the winter and liked it well enough but since I never stick with anything for long I didn't think it was worth it to subscribe. On a whim, I subscribed yesterday because she had a 50% off sale for a month. I did enjoy the workout but we'll see how long it lasts

ROSE, interesting about the MR streaming workout seeming longer per body part. I did a short premix on Tracie's dvd and it did kick my butt a little. Actually I was feeling pretty stiff yesterday so that's what inspired me to try Pilates by Lisa. I think it did help with the achy stiffness.

DONNA, I didn't sleep well last night either.
I was awake for about 3 hours watching tv.
Agh. Good luck with your meeting with your supervisor! I hate conversations like that too. I think that's why I stay in jobs way longer than I should

Hi PAT.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 10:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had a productive day yesterday:

~ Sarah Beth Deep Stretch Low Back
~ Lunch walk
~ Kathy Smith Ageless Staying Strong - Arms
~ Evening walk with DH

I went with KS Ageless because each routine is 15 minutes and I was short on time.

Rose - my body isn't big on showing visible results, either, but I feel better and stronger and have less pain. Workout 407 sounds tough! I might cave on that streaming service if she has a January special.

Donna, with a barn backdrop sure sounds different! Those monster walks are killer - I'm supposed to do them for my back PT.

Summer, enjoy the PBL. I've heard she is very tough.

Have a great day!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 05:46 PM  
Rose

Hello!

I decided to try a different season. Not sure of the year but it's episode 806.

All mat work. Warm-up on the floor, then triceps, lots of pushup, abs, glutes and inner thighs.The music was okay. No repeats but most of the songs I never heard before and didn't really like. I clocked the work part, subtracting warm-up & cool down and it was 18 1/2 minutes. So the streaming is like the Unpluggeds.

I didn't walk today. Maybe the ones seemed harder because I also walked out in the humidity? Today seemed too short. Who knows?

Summer Breeze PBL is tough. Her back workouts are really good. I used to work out to her for awhile then stopped as it became a dread. Sorry you didn't sleep well. It's such a drag to lay awake for so many hours. Your walk sounds good and hopefully that will help you sleep.

Donna How did it go today at your job? Yes, you have to do what is best for you. I hope your supervisor listened to you.

PatYou are a productive lady. You seem to have the walking regime down.

Enjoy the evening!
Old 09-24-20, 07:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 2 of PBL's workouts, a lower body sculpt and upper body, both with a band. Tough stuff! I also did a 47 minute walk in the afternoon.

PAT, nice workout day! Yes PBL is definitely tough. So far so good.

ROSE, another nice workout. I'm enjoying reading about your streaming workouts.

Hi, DONNA. I also hope your meeting went well.

Does anyone know if PBL does a Black Friday special on her streaming site? (Yes I'm getting way ahead of myself here)

Have a great day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yay, I got out a Margaret DVD last night - Good 'N Strong. It's been a long time, forgot how much I like that one. I did Vol. 1 abs and lower body. I like the way she did hamstrings - laying on the back and doing a variety of one legged hip raises. Feeling it today! It's the same setting as the Unpluggeds but the workouts flow better for me, the warmups are choreographed and the soft jazz music is enjoyable too.

DH also motivated me to take an evening walk with him.

Rose, too bad about the music. Her soundtracks are hit or miss.

Summer, that sounds like a pretty tough workout. Good luck with Lisa!

Donna - I hope your tough meeting worked in your favor. Fingers crossed.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 07:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Body Reshaping & Posture w/ Amanda

I did set a meeting for myself at noon and I will either walk then or do one of my Faithful Workouts -I'm on to disc # 2 now, so I'll do whatever is first!

Last night I squeezed in a CS episode. And during my "meeting with me" I did housework. I think for as long as I'm working from home I need a 30 min "meeting with me" to take a break from the desk, move around, exercise, walk or do housework.

I'm finding the Classical Stretch/Essentrics to be helping a lot with my posture and also with making me move less like a little old lady. So, that is good.

The mention of new Jessica Smith workouts has my eye wandering, LOL!

i was eyeing Jessica's "Healthy for the Holidays" challenge since she mentioned it in her newsletter. I like that it is only 5 scheduled days a week. We'll see though.... LOL!

Rose - I think I would prefer Margaret's more recent work - the 1980's stuff probably moves faster, etc. I do want to subscribe to Body Electric at some point - maybe after I end my month with CS....I can do a month w/ Body Electric and maybe add in my CS DVD workouts. CS and MR is a good combo for me....so maybe a rotation where I alternate CS & MR and Pilates/Yoga & Cardio.....it would enable me to get all my favorites in.

Summer Breeze - I tried PBL a few times, I think I would like to do more w/ her - and i say this after saying that I want to cut back on subscriptions. But I like the idea of her "athletic" Pilates. Another instructor I want to try is Lazy Dancer Tips - she is on You Tube. Her workouts look like fun, but I'm not sure I could pull them off, she is very graceful. I have also thought about Blogiilates - but I don't know if Cassey's perkiness would wear on me. But I like her athletic approach to Pilates, too. I think I have come to the conclusion that I'm not a Pilates purist. I do like Jessica Valent b/c she mixes things up. Anyway, if she does have a Black Friday sale, I may look at it more closely!

Pat - that is great that you get so much done during the work day! I did the monster walks b/c at the time I think my chiropractor recommended them. My back is a mess - I think I have a combo of tight muscles and loose joints - and sitting at a desk all day doesn't help. I think I also have "dead glutes" from sitting on them. I think the monster walks were supposed to help with that. I should probably do them more often than I do.

Everything went ok at work yesterday - now I just have to wait for an official transfer date - I think it will probably be 4 weeks - but it may be longer b/c the wheels move very slowly....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad