Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-19, 07:28 PM  
YogaGal

Linda: So Happy to hear from you! How nice that Meow is doing well and that she is great for approving new gentlemen friends.

Paine: Sorry to hear about your limited amount of exercise dvds. I have an apple tv gadget that my brother gave me for Christmas years ago, but it still works fine to send youtube workouts from my ipad to my tv via AirPlay. If I could only keep 7 dvds, I’d go with one of Jessica’s sets (30-Day or Walk Strong 1 or 3) and a few Kelly dvds with plenty of premixes so I could mix things up!

Garrie: I’m very impressed with your workouts and your progress!

Beth: I have to give DH credit for coming up with the term “Under Destruction” (or at least that’s where I first heard it). The cabinets are looking good, but it has been stressful having the house in such a state of disorganization. I plan to start putting things up in cabinets over the weekend or perhaps before. I’m glad you are used to snow; I am not a fan of driving in snowy weather.

Sandra: Glad you were able to get a solution (for now) to keep your brother in his own home and keep your workout room for you. You did well to get in a workout today in spite of the stress of helping with your niece.

Anny: Sorry about the stomach bug. Hope you are feeling better.

Gayle: LOL about rearranging your whole dvd collection. I also tend to stick to a few instructors; I keep my dvds in a smallish dresser cabinet in my workout room. A couple of drawers are for yoga; one has most of my Jessica Smith and KCMs; another drawer has some overflow of JS and KCM and other miscellaneous dvds.

On Monday morning I did Sarah Beth’s 20-minute Yoga for Sciatica with DH. He doesn’t have sciatica, but needed a yoga break after all of cabinet and drywall work. Today I did Jessica’s WS3 Tone & Flow and RaviAna’s So Long Sciatica.
Old 11-12-19, 09:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oh, Sandra, please don't make me count how many perms I had in the 80s (and early 90s). I hope all the stressful situations in your family peacefully resolve soon.

Carolyn, I'm not a fan of driving in snowy weather either, but the Subaru helps, and being in an area where they generally manage the snow pretty well helps too. Sounds like good progress on your kitchen! I like Sarah Beth but haven't done one of her practices in awhile.

Tonight's 3WYR was Stretch. Elise was more tolerable; she only said the "we remember..." thing a couple of times (although I could do without "kiss your shoulder blades together"). I didn't necessarily find this practice more stretchy than yesterday's Core, but I liked it. Also, shavasana was included for the first time! Maybe Beachbody thinks beginning yogis need to build up to shavasana?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 01:44 AM  
Anny

Gayle that workout does have an older look to it.

So sorry to hear about the hassles your niece is having Sandra. I really liked, however, your description of the Cougar workout. Maybe it is one I should consider buying. I wish I could get Joyce's workouts as a digital download.

Beth glad you agree re beginner workouts and form. Also glad that this week's instructor has grown on you.

Just home from work and am planning to do the upper body routine from The Fat burning Workout (JV). Managed to get some extra walking in today but still taking it easy .
Old 11-13-19, 08:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I've had friends who are hesitant to go to yoga classes with me because they'll say something like "this class will be too beginner for you." A class is almost never too beginner for me! I enjoy the slower pace and reminders of fundamentals.

Another inch or two of snow last night, and this morning it was just 17*F before I left for work! I was supposed to do a photo shoot outside this afternoon (for an article in the college magazine), but luckily, that has been postponed to next week.

Happy Hump Day!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-13-19, 10:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hump day funny - I know some people love the colder weather, but this is a pretty accurate reflection of how I feel!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-13-19, 12:15 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Strong & Limber for Life (all of the Upper Body work plus Quads, Calves, Abs, Outer Thigh and Inner Thigh)

Beth, I like your Hump Day funny (I feel the same way).
I'm laughing at the idea of "kiss your shoulder blades together", LOL! So stupid.

Carolyn, it sounds like you are making good progress in your kitchen.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 12:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, yeah, I'm not so into flowery language like that. Sometimes analogies are useful as a visual...but you don't have to repeat them.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-13-19, 07:25 PM  
gjv

Anny and Sandra
, you are making me want to try my new Joyce's! I will try one of them soon. I am thinking I maybe chose poorly when I ordered the 2 that I ordered.

I did Jessica's Boost Metabolism + Muscle upper body focus this morning. I'm not sure I'll do it again, it seemed a little odd to me. Like doing an overhead press with one arm while doing a bicep curl with the other arm. I was like, why? I also walked outside with a friend.

Beth, I used to love winter, but the older I get the less I like it.
Old 11-13-19, 09:10 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, I think that's the sentiment of many! I don't ever remember loving winter, but I didn't mind the cold (or snow!) as much when I was younger.

Tonight's 3WYR routine was Balance. Before I did that, I did a Flow Motion Body Bar routine that was called Balance 2, which was a good compliment to the yoga routine. Elise was again more tame--no shoulder blades kissing tonight! The routine mainly revolved around warrior 3, with some nice flowing movements. I did think it got a little intense when I expected it--e.g., plank held for 5-10 breaths and 3-legged down dog towards the end.

I also did a nice meditation that Eoin Finn posted on his Instagram page for Veteran's Day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-14-19, 11:41 AM  
gjv

So, I may do that Jessica workout from yesterday again after all. I'm delightfully sore in different areas lol. Mostly my core.

This morning I did her Strength Interval Walk and added on a Leslie mile. We have sun today so I'm hoping to get in an outside walk later.