Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-11-19, 12:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, Vytas is the instructor for the first week of 3WYR; I referred to him a lot last week. I don't have snow tires, but I have an all-wheel drive Subaru.

Gayle, I am all for wasting time, but 40 minutes on 3 oils seemed pretty ridiculous. I'm not ready for winter either!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 01:22 PM  
gjv

Paine said:

Sandra, if you had asked me to pick 7 DVDs a year ago, I would have picked more intense DVDs because I was stronger and had more energy back then.

That's me too. I keep those favorite FIRMs, but I doubt I ever do them again in the same way as before.

All our snow has melted!
Old 11-12-19, 09:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, I'm jealous that all of your snow melted; we got 9-11" last night!

Luckily, today is a lighter day for me. I have 3 clients (1 down, 2 to go), and then have a cultural competency training 1-3 with administrative time after. I have the training the next 2 Tuesdays, so they'll be light as well--but tomorrow and next Wednesday are looking more rough.

Last night was the first day of Week 2 for the 3 Week Yoga Retreat. This week is called "Expansion" and is taught by Elise. The routine was fine, but I think Elise is going to drive me crazy! She was a bit too fake for my liking and used the phrase "we remember..." over and over (e.g., "we remember to link our breath with poses" "we remember to keep our backs long" "we remember to sit on something for height" ugh!). The practice was Core, and it was just a little more intense than last week, with a few new poses (new to the program, not new to me, haha). Tonight is Stretch, so I'm looking forward to that.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-12-19, 10:05 AM  
gjv

I can't imagine 11" of snow! We get lots of snow here, but not usually that much at one time! I'd be staying home! It is cold here this morning, about 10 degrees. But we have sun again.

I did the FIRMs Super Sculpting this morning! It's been awhile but I enjoyed it. I did use lighter weights. When I do it the next time I'll heavy up a little bit.

Afterwards I started an older Leslie walk. I couldn't finish it tho, it was just too old lol. Mary Kay looked to be in her 20's. I did 1 mile of the 3 Mega Miles instead.
Old 11-12-19, 12:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1129

I feel well stretched after CS 1129. It was a nice stretchy workout.

Beth, I don't think I'd like hearing all those "we remember..." phrases either.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 12:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, honestly it looked more like 7-8" to me. The roads were messy, but it's really not that unusual to get that much snow here; after living in upstate NY for over 25 years I have gotten used to it.

Paine, I think it was the combination of awkward phraseology and the repetition of that same phrase that got to me. Glad you got a good stretch!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-12-19, 02:51 PM  
Anny

Beth I can see how that phrase would be annoying when repeated. It is interesting that each week of the retreat has a different instructor.

Gayle that must have been an old Leslie workout!

Paine I love that well-stretched feeling.

Last night after work I did Pilates. One of the beginner workouts from Pilates for Living (book). I feel like the beginner workouts help me focus on form.
Old 11-12-19, 03:20 PM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anny View Post
Beth I can see how that phrase would be annoying when repeated. It is interesting that each week of the retreat has a different instructor.

Gayle that must have been an old Leslie workout!

Paine I love that well-stretched feeling.

Last night after work I did Pilates. One of the beginner workouts from Pilates for Living (book). I feel like the beginner workouts help me focus on form.
https://youtu.be/k74UzQ5DyCk

It says 2004 release date. I would have guessed the 1990s. I'll probably do the mile again one day. It just didn't click with me this morning! They all look great.
Old 11-12-19, 03:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gayle, I agree--that looked more 90s to me!

Anny, I feel the same way about the 3WYR routines--i.e., they are more beginner, but I can focus on form more.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-12-19, 07:06 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout for me yesterday -- usual rest day.

After working with my one brother on Sunday, this week it is my niece's turn. We are all working hard to get her dad's place ready for her and my grandniece to move in with him. Her ex-partner is, unfortunately, acting like a total jerk and making life difficult for her even though he is also demanding she move out ASAP. Everyone very stressed. However, I did make myself do

Today's Workout: I pulled out Joyce Vedral's Cougar DVD and did the Upper Body section. This was a light weight, high rep workout that clocked in at about 25 minutes. I played around with some of Joyce's exercise selections -- for example, instead of concentration curls I did regular biceps curls during the first side, then did wide-angle biceps curls on the second side. My arms feel nice and toasted! Joyce is fun, and this is one of the few DVDs I've ever used where the instructor included novice exercisers.

All this talk about snow! Should I tell you that where I'm at it is currently clear and 73 degrees?

Beth: I enjoyed WHFN Floor Burn, but to be honest it was more about the fun set and the great music rather than the workout itself.

Gayle: I have that Leslie DVD! There are some out there even older -- including one where Mary Kay has an 80's poodle perm. Of course back in the 80s I had one too!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote