Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-19, 08:02 PM  
Garrie A.

Sandra: Thanks for starting us off! Best of luck with the family meeting.

Beth: Congrats on winning the giveaway! I have grippy socks but don't use them. So I would have gone with the blocks.

Carolyn: You've definitely been busy. Continue to listen to your body and keep that sciatica at bay.

Linda: WELCOME BACK! I've missed you. Sorry to hear you still have pain.

Gayle: Mow Max is the workout I love to hate.

Paine: I agree with Sandra that it would be best to postpone the move.

Cyana: Good question. I've tried all but three of the Lite workouts. Of all of them, PHA 2 is the definite winner. Great total body strength training with a cardio effect in just under 45 minutes. There's also a tough ab bonus, an extended stretch, and various premixes. I also enjoy the Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper workout, which is a good workout hitting the entire upper body in about 35 minutes. My only con is that I would have loved one more back exercise and one less bicep exercise. I haven't tried the Lower workout yet. Cardio Party is fun, with a mix of old school hi/lo and boxing, albeit more of a beginner level (except for the Calorie Crush bonus which is more advanced; it's a step workout that is a mini IMAX). Body Weight & Bands was a nice surprise. It uses a tubing, firewalker loop, long Dynaband, and a mat. It's a nice little workout that is great for traveling. The band work hits the back and shoulders particularly well. I've looked at Metabolic Blast and Rev'd Up Rumble but haven't tried them yet. Although I have no regrets, I would get Lite PHA 2 and ICE Metabolic Total Body instead of the entire Lite set.

I'll be back in a second to post my week...
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 08:19 PM  
Garrie A.

Last week I started Cathe's STS program. I'll be mixing in a variety of cardio, core, and stretching.

Here was last week:

Sunday:
STS Disc 1 (Chest, Shoulders & Biceps)

Monday:
TAUGHT Functionally Fit class
Cathe's Shock Cardio HiiT: 30/30
10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates (Slim & Sleek Stretch)

Tuesday:
STS Disc 2 (Back & Triceps)

Wednesday:
STS Disc 3 (Legs)
Stretched on my own (my tired legs needed it!)
TAUGHT Ai Chi class

Thursday:
TAUGHT HiiT class (I set up a cardio/upper body circuit around the studio)

Friday:
Barlates Body Blitz Upper Body Barre Challenge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwMdktdJOrY)

Saturday:
TAUGHT Bounce Blast class
Franny Benedetto's CIA 9905 (Workout 2, which was Step)
Stretched on my own (because Franny didn't give me a stretch)

Today I started Week 2 of STS with Disc 4, which works the Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. This week the weights increase to 65% of 1RM (1 rep max), and I definitely felt it. The workout also had a mix of both exercises from last week, with some new exercises and variations. Two of the exercises I hit muscle failure before the set was complete, which means I had to adjust my 1RM again. Plus, just like last week, there were several sets of varied push-ups. Apparently I had a huge strength increase, because I am proud of myself for doing the opening drop set of 50 (14, 12, 10, 8, 6) completely on my toes. How I did it, I honestly have no clue.

I'm waving to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:15 PM  
JustSandra

Hello once more!

Early last week (right before I got the news about my niece and my brother) I was at Half Price Books and bought two DVDs (I had a coupon!). So for

Today's Workout: I started with WHFN KickButt Floor Burn with Tamela Hastie. I've done this one before but not in a very long time, and I enjoyed it. I then put in the other DVD I purchased, Kathy Smith's Super Slimdown Circuit (a compilation). From that one I did Secrets To a Great Upper Body, a routine I've never seen before. It was very basic and simple, but I kind of appreciated that today! I also previewed Secrets To a Great Lower Body on the same DVD, and was pleased that it looks very doable.

We had a good family meeting this morning. I am going to lend my brother enough money to get his trailer park rental current and to engage an attorney to file bankruptcy for him. Hopefully he will eventually pay me back, but we'll see how that goes. I couldn't just let him flounder and risk homelessness, and I figured I'd rather advance him some money than have him move into my workout room (something I know he preferred as well!).

Paine: Sorry your DVDs left without you! Your list of the seven DVDs you are using now reminds me of the old VF "Desert Island" question, where people listed the five workouts they would take to a desert island (one magically equipped with electricity and fitness accoutrements!). I'll be interested to hear how your unintentional experiment works for you.

Cyana: Yes, it is Classical Stretch Season 11 which has the visiting lizard in one of the episodes!

Beth: That looks like a wonderful selection of essential oils!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, sometimes I like to use the grippy socks when I'm teaching--especially if I am in a brewery! Congrats on your strength gains! Did you enjoy the first week of STS?

Gayle, I am laughing about going through your collection to try to find new-to-you workouts! I have a list of mine, so I will review once and awhile to see if something I haven't done in awhile sparks my interest. I don't click with Cathe either!

Paine, yes, I use a cable that I keep plugged into my TV. I believe it is an HDMI to USB (on the laptop). Looks like you kept mostly strength stuff with a bit of yoga/stretch thrown in; I would probably be the other way around.

RE Yoga Retreat, I think I mentioned (to Linda) at the end of last week's thread that I like Yoga Retreat well enough, although I have a few quibbles with it here and there. It will be interesting to see what it's like going from Vytas this past week to Elise this coming week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 09:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, we were cross-posting. I had several of WHFNs and enjoyed them back when, although I never tried the one with Tamela. I'm glad your family meeting went well; it sounds like you came to the best option for everyone.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-11-19, 05:12 AM  
Anny

Sandra sounds like a good solution for you and your brother right now in that you both get your independence. You are being very generous and gracious.

Carolyn I hope your sciatica improves.

cyana I don't like cold but I am also not sure that I would like hot yoga either.

Paine 7 DVDs is truly minimalist. Do you like any workouts on YouTube channels that you can add in for variety?

No workout for me yesterday or today as I have picked up a stomach bug and generally feel unwell.
Old 11-11-19, 08:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny ugh on the stomach bug! Hope you feel better soon.

We are expecting possibly 6-10" of snow today!
Happy Monday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-11-19, 11:13 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Anny ugh on the stomach bug! Hope you feel better soon.

We are expecting possibly 6-10" of snow today!
Happy Monday.
We got an inch of snow last night. I'm not ready for winter!

I did 2 Leslie miles and then I did Jessica's Boost Metabolism + Muscle lower body focus.
Old 11-11-19, 11:14 AM  
gjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Here is the link to the essential oils collection I won if anyone is interested:
https://elenabrower.com/yoga-collect...lends-doterra/

For some reason, there is a 40-minute intro video to these 3 oils--if anyone wants to watch and summarize for me, let me know.
That's too funny. A 40 minute video? Even I don't have time for that!
Old 11-11-19, 11:48 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Garrie, it's awesome that you've had excellent strength gains this week! All your hard work is paying off.

Anny, yes there are many YouTube workouts that I like and can use.
Stomach bugs are miserable. I hope you feel better soon!

Sandra, if you had asked me to pick 7 DVDs a year ago, I would have picked more intense DVDs because I was stronger and had more energy back then. I do miss Jari's Ripped & Chiseled and Margaret's Sculpture but I want to have all my equipment for many of my favorite DVDs so those workouts will have to wait until we move and are settled. For the 7 DVDs I chose to keep, I picked easier to moderate level workouts.
I hope your brother will be able to pay you back but if not, you have peace of mind knowing you did your best to help him. You are a wonderful sister!

Beth, what does "Vytas" mean?
There were a lot of Yin Yoga and stretch DVDs that I wanted to keep but since there are so many Yin Yoga practices on YouTube, I decided to keep primarily strength DVDs.
We still haven't had snow yet. (Shhhhh! I don't want to jinx it! ) Do you have special tires on your car for snow or do you have regular tires?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote