Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-19, 08:20 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Laugh & the world laughs w/ you. Snore & sleep alone. 11/10

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 08:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Thanks again to Laura for leaving us that list of possible thread titles!

I had a fun time last night talking to my "old" coworkers - our group has pretty much retired and that's a good thing! No one is regretting that choice ! Today I'm planning on putzing around, maybe raking my back yard again, walking Gus, picking up some groceries, and just putzing around some more. Might try calling my brother and catching up with him also.

Paula, I understand the fine work of sewing causing tiredness and stiffness - I feel it on lots of typing days at the circus also (January will be a bad month as everyone renews their registrations and I type them back in...). Right now the snow has melted so that's why i'm considering raking, but geez, its cold and a lot of trees still dumping...

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-10-19, 08:41 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I was coming on trying to remember where I left that list of possible themes. I was happy to see you beat me to it.

We flew home yesterday with no issues. Now, we are back and trying to sort through all the stuff from travel and catch up with life. It was a good trip. We saw some beautiful scenery and learned some history and did a lot of relaxing. Yesterday was the first day that I felt ready to come home, so it was good timing.

Now, we are back and it's chilly. Midweek, the temperatures are supposed to plummet. It's going to feel especially cold given where we've been.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 03:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I forgot to tell you all about the YMCA job, I think. As we were packing up at the hotel to leave for the cruise ship, the offer came through at a shockingly low pay rate. I turned it down. And, that’s fine. I wasn’t comfortable with the number of hours and it was nice it was such an easy decision.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-10-19, 05:57 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Well, well. I've been shut out all week with the dreaded 500 error page. Let's see if I can get in now.

So, DH's labs are back. His WBC and RBC are still low, but not as low. However, his TSH is 24. He sees the endo this week. I can't wait to see what he has to say about that! My labs will be done next month. I dread seeing my A1C. I haven't done well in the sugar department in the last six months.

Paula, DS is not diabetic. We don't know why his WBC has always been on the low to low-normal side. If he decides to see the oncologist, maybe we can get some answers. DH's WBC has never been low until this year.

I finally broke down and bought a printer. The Epson was messing up again, and I'm over it. We were at Best Buy for 45 minutes looking at all the selections, and not one employee asked to help us. There were several employees there, and they weren't helping anyone. They were standing around in groups yukking it up. We finally had to snag one, but I don't think she knew any more than we did. We got a Canon with the new ink tanks instead of cartridges. So far, it's working okay. I have until the end of the year to test it. Ordinarily, I would have two weeks, but since it's the holidays, they are giving us longer. I hope it works. That Epson makes me want to scream.

Laura, I'm glad you had a good time on your trip and that you're okay about the job not working. I'm not looking forward to the arctic blast we are supposed to get this week. We are also potentially expecting snow, but they say it won't stick since the ground will be too warm.

If this post goes through, maybe I can keep up better this week. We went out of town for a funeral last night, and I'm still tired. Too pooped for shout outs.

Everyone have a good week.
Old 11-11-19, 07:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, walking Gus and trying to keep warm in this record cold! Brrrr! I just don't want January weather two months early .

Laura, the list is about three weeks ago towards the beginning of that week's thread... Glad you got the Y's offer, but could make the decision not to take it. Are you a member there?

Dede, I had the 500 error a few months back - never figured out what caused it, but had WWWendy try to fix it - service came back. I used to have an Epson also, but gave mine up for a HP. The ink cartridges do dry up on me and don't dispense though - not much printing done over time usually but didn't want to work printed sheets every week through it as recommended by the store staff. Hope your Canon works out for you!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-11-19, 04:29 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I hope randomly dropping in like this isn’t creepy but my mom forwarded me some funny sayings listed at the end of the weekly email flier she gets from a local senior center and I thought of your check-in (which always has the best titles) and couldn't resist sharing these ones:

“Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes, that would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head, that’ll freak you right out.”

“I run like the winded.”

“I had my patience tested. I’m negative.”

“If you answer the phone with, ‘Hello, you’re on the air!’, most telemarketers will quickly hang up.”

“When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.”

My apologies again for intruding.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-19, 10:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout for me today, we had to get an early start as we had to take the boat to the shipyard for work.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. The gathering of friends sounds like fun. Glad the snow has melted, but if the leaves are still dropping maybe snow would be better - at least you wouldn't have to rake.

Laura, welcome back. Glad your DH made the flight OK. Hope you had a good time. Also, glad the decision on whether to take the YMCA job was an easy one. You seem busy enough without adding a job with lots of hours and low pay.

Dede, we did the same thing a short time ago - finally hit the wall with our old printer. We went to Best Buy too. We did find someone to help us make our selection. We got a Brother and we're happy with it. I've had that 500 error page too - it's so frustrating. I'm hopeful you and your family will get some medical answers soon. You've been fighting these health problems for a long time now.

Adawn, drop in any time - in fact, join us. Liked the themes you offered.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 09:04 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing laundry, going to the elder lunch in our neighborhood, giving Gus his walk, working at the circus, and taking the acro class there for hopefully myself again this evening.

Adawn, thanks for your title suggestions - I like them! Some are too long for the title line here, but they all have a good Cronie spirit! Frankly, I have a hard time finding a title Sunday mornings unless I have a list done to choose from - this list will help! Please drop in and post here!

Paula, I'm hoping to get some raking done here this weekend when the temps will be back to about normal (32-40 F) - right now we're at 6 F degrees and I don't want to go out there! It is nice that Gus doesn't lounge in the back yard long! Hopefully the shipyard work isn't a major deal!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 11-12-19, 07:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I came home with a cold apparently. It didn't manifest until we were back. I haven't felt very well the last couple of days and we've had two appointments per day, so it's been busy. Tomorrow, I'll be able to relax more. It's frustrating because I wanted to get back to exercising and in the swing of things.

Anita - I saw pictures of your area and it looked beyond cold. I hope the warm-up starts soon!

Paula - How is your DH doing? I hope things are going okay for him.

Dede - Congrats on being able to post. That dreaded 500 error is sooooo aggravating. The good news for me was that once I started posting again, it didn't occur again. Hope it's the same for you. Good luck with the printer!

Adawn - We never mind drop-ins. We get a number of them. They're our drop-in Cronies. And, your possible themes were really funny - and most of them I hadn't seen before. Thanks! It will save us from finding some themes.

Here are some of those themes reworked to be shorter:

Walk a mile in my shoes and be bored. Spend 30 seconds in my head and freak out.

I run like the winded.

I had my patience tested. I’m negative.

Answer the phone, ‘Hello, you’re on the air!’. Telemarketers will hang up.

When a door closes and another opens, you are probably in prison.

Laura's Workout Mantras: