Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-19, 08:41 AM  
mena

Wed 11/13 - Cathe - ICE Chiseled Upper Body.

Pam - Jessica's holiday rotation has both a YouTube workout and a DVD workout listed for each day so you can pick one. Also, there is a focus for each day (total body, intervals, abs, etc.) so you can easily choose something else if you wanted a shorter/longer workout or to do a favorite or whatever. I guess a person could also do both too. But several days have a workout less than 30 minutes so it's good for fitting in when you're busy with holiday tasks.

Cleda - I liked Jessica's squat free workout. No endless reps, and she kept things moving along. There were standing leg exercises first and then some floor work at the end. I don't mind floor work, but I know some people don't care for it. I think it is a good workout for days when you don't really feel like doing much since it moves along at a good pace. Peanut was there too but didn't join in .
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 09:18 AM  
mena

Thu 11/14 - The Firm BSS2 - Firm Abs (Workout #2)
Old 11-14-19, 02:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I was looking for my last post to catch up, and then I remembered, my computer froze and I lost it! Lots of catching up to do.

11/9 - TURD
11/10 - long dog walk, then a mile with Leslie and a mile with Nick
11/11 - Jessica's 1 mile walk & talk plus a mile with Leslie
11/12 - Firm Express Cardio
11/13 - Jessica's Total Focus from Boost Metabolism plus some walks with Leslie, Nick & Rocky
11/14 - Tae Bo Total Body Fat Blaster and a dog walk. This Tae Bo will probably go back to Goodwill. They use 2 bands that I don't have (plenty of bands, just not a pair) and I don't want to buy more equipment for 1 workout.

I must have gotten the e-mail about the Jessica rotation, but ended up printing one for Walk Strong, a 6 week calendar. I need to look for the Holiday one. I don't mind floor work, and my knees hate squats.

Mena - I like Jessica and I find her rotations have less of a dread factor for me than others. Good luck with it! Our lot is sloped, so the front is higher than the back. I have a shelf of plants in front of the door which also helps make it less like a dungeon!
Pam - I used to run 3 days a week and loved it, but 2 years ago I was told to cut back to 1 day a week due to worsening arthritis in my knees. Once a week just isn't the same, and I tend to go long stretches without running.
It does feel good to break off the shrink wrap, especially when you find you really like the workout.
Cleda - you are crushing it!

Gotta run, meeting people at the movies.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-19, 05:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/15/19 - Jessica's Cardio Interval Sculpt, plus 2 more miles with her and a dog walk. I printed her holiday rotation and day 1 was the same as the one I had started, so I switched to the holiday plan and did day 2.

Waves to all!

Old 11-16-19, 11:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 13:
~Taught Essentrics
~Yin yoga class by the fire
~5 km walk

Nov 14:
~Taught Essentrics
~3 km walk
~Barlates Cardio Interval HIIT 30 - Another short & effective offering from Barlates Linda. She can pack a lot into 16 min! There were a few wristy intervals near the end but I modified quite easily using my wall barre for plank work.
~Headstand practice
~MFML: Healthy Back 2: Hips & Low Back

Nov 15:
~8 km walk
~45 min of yin on my own....hip openers, forward bends, upper back acupressure

Today:
~Essentrics PCW 9 - standing segment
~Barlates Kettlebell HIIT - another short full body offering from Linda. I’ve done this one before, nice doable pace, no mods needed, worked the whole body including the glutes which I’m still focusing on.
~headstand practice
~Gaia: AM Yoga for Your Week - hip openers

Lili - I’m afraid to try running again as much as I love it. I don’t have arthritis in my knee joint, but I do have some degeneration on the underside of my right kneecap. I’ve also battled PF off & on.

Mena - Jessica’s rotation looks good! I confess that although I workout pretty much every day, I’m terrible at following a rotation. I think of myself as “consistently inconsistent”, lol.

Cleda - Yoga is not for everyone, lol. I love my yoga, but I don’t do any crazy acrobatics or fast flowing vinyasa. Yin is my fave & leaves me feeling mellow and stretchy. Funny how we are all different, I am definitely not a cyclist, just not my thing. My DH loves cycling, has a road bike and a recumbent stationary bike. He watches YouTube when he use the recumbent.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 09:30 AM  
mena

Just a quick drive-by from me today:

Fri 11/15 - Kathy Smith - Instant Workout (stretch segment only)
Sat 11/16 - TURD
Sun 11/17 - Kathy Smith Project You - Yoga/Flex

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 11-17-19, 08:51 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/16 - Jessica’s 15 Minute Abs & Core (day 3 from the Holiday rotation), 1 Mile Wake Up & Walk, and another quick mile that I don’t remember the name. I also mowed the lawn, bagging to collect the leaves. That alone was a workout! I finished my Stepbet with a Power Day!
11/17 - TERD! It’s such a great feeling to NOT have to meet a step goal!

Old 11-18-19, 10:11 AM  
mena

Mon 11/18 - JS Holiday Challenge Day 1 - YouTube Total Body Standing Strength, and I also added on her 10 Minute Total Body Stretch.

I'll see how long I last trying Jessica's challenge. She does have a wild card day so I will add in a different instructor for some variety. It's always the lack of variety (in either type of workout or instructor) that does me in.

Happy Monday!
Old 11-18-19, 10:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 17:
~3 km walk
~Barlates: Dynamic Flow Active - No weights but lots of big sweeping moves in this one, nice length at 29 min. I made some of the movements smaller to protect my SI joints.
~Essentrics PCW 10 - barre segment, class prep for next week
~Headstand practice
~Gaia: Loving the Wilderness Yin

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 10 - standing segment, more prep for next week
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT Lower Body
~15 min gentle rebounding to recover
~Headstand practice
~MFML: Nourishing Yin :Love:

Mena - Good luck with the rotation!

Lili - I think I need a TERD this week!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 06:31 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/18 - TURD
11/19 - a dog walk and day 4 with Jessica, Stepping Strength. It looks like this rotation has a lot of strength work. That's a good thing for me, since I mostly focused on cardio during the Stepbet. I also like that this rotation lists a video workout and a Youtube workout so that you have an alternative.

Pam - You deserve a TERD! Knees are tricky things, and it's not worth the pain and possible damage when there are so many options out there. I have to force myself to do yoga, but when I do, I usually feel so good after. Same with Classical Stretch. I need to man up and put them in my rotation!
Mena - that's my problem with most rotations, I get tired of the same instructor! It's good that I started the rotation early because I will definitely be adding other workouts to make it work.
Waves to Helen, Cleda & Kay!