Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-08-19, 01:34 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Nov 7:
~Essentrics class taught by my student who is now my co-teacher. It’s so nice when another instructor comes to my little studio & teaches a class!
~70 crab walks with a resistance band
~6 km walk
~90 min of yin yoga on my own...forward bends, hip openers, twists, chest openers....

Mena - I like that Total Stretch dvd of Jessica’s, the full body segment hits all the right spots.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 06:07 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

I'm supposed to be hopping on the bike or doing something, but it's 29 degrees and the furnace is running and I'm tired. I will do something before work, just not sure what. . . . .

Pam: I THOUGHT you had a bellicon. (I think I snuck into another thread and read about it... ions ago). I agree with it stretching feet. I love it for the jumping jacks and all the movements (horizontal) that I do NOT get while running and cycling. Just feels soooo good. I have the subscription to their website videos also. I enjoy them, but used to get frustrated at their freezing issues. I went to mirroring it from my ipad and now it works better. BUt again, I go back to ... so many workouts, so little time. 70 crab walks? HOLY HAT HANNAH ... what were you thinking?!:!

Waves to everyone. I really must report and run:

11/6/2019: 45 minutes Run/Walk on the treadmill (using a Peloton workout) I forget the gal's name. It was actually a great workout that I have bookmarked for another time. Followed by Denis Morton's 45 minute power zone (called for challenge) workout. Followed by a stretch

11/7/2019: Extra Credit (or Accelerator ride as they are calling them this challenge). It was 30 minutes with pro cyclist Christian Vande Velde. How bad could it be? Only 30 minutes a TSS score of 40?!? Yeah ... ok. 30 minutes? What was I thinking??????

It was ok. I NEVER would have done a CVV ride on my own. EVER. It scares me and now I know why. It was a lot of anaerobic work. When he said "Zone 5 and recovery will be zone 3"?!? (Most endurance rides are zone 2 and zone 3 is where we push.) I thought what have I gotten myself into? I could always bail. No I won't bail. That's not an option. I can always dog it ... nope ... that's not an option either. Do my best. forget the rest. Isn't that what Tony Horton says??? So the next few intervals were ZONE 6, but rest was at zone 1. (more like it). I made it through, quite proudly I might add and survived. Thank you power Zone challenge for offering another ride /instructor that I NEVER would have tried on my own. AND lived to tell about it. Endurance is way more my thing. But I know I need tough workouts like this every now and then. So I need to make sure to do a tabatta or a workout like this each week. Life is good.

Gotta run. Wanna get my next ride in before work, then it's done for the day.
make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 06:12 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/6 - Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit. Another virgin done! This was part of the cardio set that followed STS, and I don't know if I've done any of them before. Cathe does demonstrate a modification for most of the ab work, which I appreciated, but it was tough. I used my rebounder for most of the jumping moves.
11/7 - 2 mile treadmill run, followed by some walking on the treadmill.
11/8 - Firm & Burn from Barre for Beginners. Another virgin and I'm really hoping I like the other workouts on the DVD better than this one. Then another from Rockin' Body, Party Express. I loved this one! I was able to follow along without feeling like a dork! And it got the heart rate up. Finally, a dog walk.

Pam - I agree about being retired, I can workout whenever I feel like it! I will probably just donate my unwanted videos to Goodwill, but I thought about listing my old CIAs for free on VF. There may be some one who would love them. They are just not for me anymore, along with a good portion of my collection. I do love streaming workouts.
Mena - We talked about finishing the basement for years, but never got around to it. When I saw KCM's basement in her RAW workouts, I was surprised to see the cinderblock painted. It made such a huge difference. This is the year it will happen! I'm going with a cream color. It will definitely brighten up the space. We have a walkout basement with a sliding door next to my workout area, so it's not totally dismal.
Cleda - I'm proud of you for sticking with the ride!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 01:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 8:
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT Core - This was another good one, nice pace & length at 25 min. It was a full body workout with some emphasis on the core. I had to do some modifications as a few segments were wrist intensive.
~Essentrics TV: Express Posture - This felt great after the KBs.
~7 km city walk
~90 min of yin as above - Sometimes I just want to do my own thing.

I’m jealous of your runs, I really miss running! I’ve just had too many ongoing foot & knee issues.

Cleda - Yep, 70 crab walks and my glutes were feeling it. Way to go finishing that ride!

Lili - Nice workouts! It always feels good to crack the cover on a virgin, lol. My Barlates workouts are all virgins, Linda had a really good sale in Sept & I bought several. Her downloads are so affordable.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 11-11-19, 01:37 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 9:
~Essentrics TV: Meg’s AM workout
~8 km walk
~MFML: Deep Tissue Stretch - lovely & hip focused. My hips were a bit tight....maybe from KBs & crab walks....

Nov 10:
~6 km walk
~Slow Flow Yoga class - taught by my niece’s partner, he is an amazing yogi and such a nice guy. It was a lovely class!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-11-19, 05:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Mustn't let Pam be all alone

in here ...

Happy Monday everyone!

Pam: Thanks for keeping us going through the weekend.

Time for me to catch up and move on:

11/8/2019: 45 Minute Power Zone challenge workout with Matt and then a stretch

11/9/2019: 45 minutes Denis Morton's Power Zone Challenge workout followed by Matt's 45 minute Power Zone workout followed by a bike stretch and then Shut Up and Train Workout #1 (kettlebells)

11/10/2019: TURD**

** not sure what happened? I shifted my day around, was out of the house by 7 a.m. to go get gas at Costco (before the warehouse opens and before the lines build up) and then hit the grocery store for some much needed staples. By the time I made my soup, food prepped, got the food away, it was almost noon. Ds text that he was going to the park, we went down to meet him and never got home till 5 p.m., then came dinner and well? The day was over. . . . Such is life.

Make it a great day. On to a new week.
Happy Monday.
Waves to all!
Cleda
Old 11-11-19, 10:29 AM  
mena

Fri 11/8 - Jessica Smith - 15 minute Fast Fat Blasts (Fast Fat Burn mile)

Sat 11/9 - TURD

Sun 11/10 - Cathe - Xtrain All Out Low Impact HiiT

Mon 11/11 - Jessica Smith - YouTube 1 Mile Power Walk and the stretch segment from Jane Fonda Stress Reduction Program

I'm thinking of doing Jessica Smith's Healthy for the Holidays 2019
Challenge that she recently sent in an email. I've been getting bored with my dvds so maybe this would be a good idea so I can take a break from them for a few weeks. It starts next Monday so I have some time to decide.

Lili - I can't picture a basement with a sliding glass door in it. I'm thinking it's like a split-level? Anyway, brighter is definitely better so that's good.
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 10:01 AM  
mena

Tues 11/12 - Jessica Smith - YouTube Squat Free Lower Body Strength Workout
mena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 12:00 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Nov 11:
~9 km walk - downtown for Remembrance Day service & along the harbor.
~1 hour yin on my own

Nov 12:
~20 min rebounding
~Barlates Barre Bell HIIT: Upper Body - another short but effective workout from Linda W. This one used both KBs & light hand weights & some unusual moves with the light weights.
~practiced standing Essentrics sequences, class prep
~Gaia: Softening the Shoulders - An upper body focused yin practice with an instructor I’m not familiar with, Jafar Alexander. It was very nice, especially after the upper body strength.

Thanks for keeping me company!

Cleda - You’re killing it on your Pelaton, nicely done!

Mena - I really like Jessica. Is the Holiday rotation mainly YouTube workouts?

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 11-13-19, 05:16 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Before I get too far behind

Pam: Thanks! That's why I love the challenges. They keep me on the straight and narrow, have me using my Peloton and make me stick to a schedule/rotation. It works for me. I am on my 46th week of a Peloton streak. And look at your 9k walk ... You go girl!

Mena: I got the "squat free" you tube notification and thought, 'Hmmm that sounds like a good one." Was it? Do tell. And I'm curious too about Jessica's challenge? (probably not curious enough to do it .... but still curious!)

Waves to everyone else!

The cold has set in (unseasonably I might add) and I HATE it. I'm not one for cold weather, winter or snow.Which reminds me, I needed to turn on my sun light (I just did).

On to the check in as my Peloton is calling me:

11/11/2019: Denis Morton's 60 minute (called for) Power Zone challenge workout, a stretch, Shut Up and Train workout #2

11/12/2019:
Matt's 45 minute Power Zone + a stretch, + Christine's 10 minute cool down Ride, 10 minutes of Yoga (beginner*) with Denis Morton.

* I figured if anyone could get me to do yoga it MIGHT be Denis. Yeah. No. I hate yoga. No matter how it's served up or who serves it up. It is just not my thing. I don't care for it. Supposedly beginner. I made it 10 minutes of 20. That's enough of that, I go back to just stretching. With stuff I can do. I should know by now, but I keep trying over the years. Yeah. No.

Ok, I'm tired today. I worked out yesterday AFTER work, cuz I didn't get to it in the morning. And then remembered WHY I do it in the early a.m. Someone was saying they wanted to switch? I am not a morning person, but I LOVE getting my workout done in the a.m. Then I don't have to stress all day and I actually perform better in the a.m. So, I just set my alarm clock and get up and do it. (after some coffee and a little computer time).

Make it a great day.
Cleda