Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-19, 12:09 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did SS Shape It Up. I skipped most of the floor work to bring the workout down to a reasonable 45 minutes. I think it's about 80 minutes if you do the whole thing. I really enjoyed it but it kicked my butt a little bit.
Then a little later on I did a 43 minute walk with DS. Today I am planning a walk when it warms up a little more and possibly some pilates or callanetics if I'm up for it.

TAMMIE, nice workouts to start off the month. I see a lot of barlates in there, glad you're enjoying her workouts so much. I hope everything settles down for you soon.

PENGUIN, good job with the fitness blender workout. Good luck figuring out all the youtube playlists. I've gotten used to the cooler weather a little bit, like low 50s. But I peeked ahead to next week and I see some highs in the 30s so that will be another adjustment for me.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 09:33 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Ha ha PP - I'm old school on the washer/Dryer. No front loaders for me! I am glad you're enjoying yours, though.

Tammie - Barlates and Bob Harper.... sounds like two diametrically opposed workouts. Way to mix it up!!

SB- I've been eyeing those Debbie S. workouts on my shelf lately. I just can't seem to make myself push play on them yet, though. Yes, weather getting colder for walking. I went for a walk today and wished I had put on my down coat.

today was a mix of a few step workouts (just couldn't settle) and a 30 minute walk. Yesterday, the Chisel part of Sizzle and Chisel.
Old 11-06-19, 10:45 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I hear you, I just checked the weather for next week and we'll have highs in the 30's and lows in the teens. Its not supposed to get that cold here! I would have to chop SSU down to a reasonable time also. 80M!! wow!

Nora, cute workout name. Our front loader was a bit of an impulse buy but so far so good.

Today I did Leslie's Walk off Fat Fast 20min from YT. It was only at the end of the workout did I recognize it from a DVD I have. Its the last mile.

Hubby had an appointment with his back Dr. He reported all the improvement so the Dr told him to call him in a week, when the steroids will be out of his system, and see if he's still feeling good. The next step would be trying a shot in a slightly different place. I'm happy that he's feeling so good

Work has told Hubby that he may be laid off in January, he's applied for his current job with the new company taking over, but he's also applied at various other places.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 40 minute walk. It was a busy day, I'm trying to get health insurance for myself and my DD and whenever you deal with government agencies you get the runaround and they pass the buck a lot to different agencies. Very frustrating. Today I am planning a walk if I get out there before it starts raining and possibly some pilates.

NORA, nice workouts. I love SS but I definitely have to be in a certain mood to do them. I go in phases where I won't use them for months, even years sometimes.

PENGUIN, nice job with the Leslie walk. I'm glad hubby's back is doing so well and I hope he finds a new job quickly when's he laid off from his current position.

Old 11-07-19, 04:19 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, thank you. we are trying not to stress out about the job situation. I hope your insurance issues are resolved quickly and without frustration.

Today I did Full Body DB workout from BodyFit by Amy. It was okay, not very exciting for a weight workout , but I would do one again

I'm getting a little alarmed when I ask people if the have a front loader machine, how many of them say 'eww, NO". I hope we didn't make a very expensive mistake

Old 11-07-19, 05:04 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I kept trying to find the Youtube thread, but every time I tried a word search I got kicked off the site. I finally tried a tag search with success! I've got two pages of channels to try

Old 11-08-19, 09:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[COLOR="Blue"]Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 43 minute walk. It actually only drizzled a little later in the day so my walk was fine. I am planning a walk today if it warms up a little more. It's low 30s right now. I do need to do more weights or pilates too.

PENGUIN, nice job on the weight workout. Yay on finding the youtube thread and having so many channels to check out! I think sticking with the tag search is the way to go on VF. There was a long washer/dryer thread too not so long ago if you want to check that one out too. If I remember correctly some people actually preferred the front loaders. That may make you feel better hopefully .

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!![COLOR]
Old 11-08-19, 03:06 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, thanks for the heads up on the w/d thread. I listen to two 'homemaking' podcasts and it occurs to me they may have older podcasts I can look for. I hope you get your walk in and it warms up.

I did two workouts today. The first was a new to me, called {are you ready?} Walking Online Workouts. The sets are all outdoors, with music but no verbal cueing. I found this pretty hard to follow, since with my vision I apparently rely on the verbal cues more than I realized. But the workout was easy to follow once I caught on that she changed. The YT workouts seem to be teasers for her subscription site, this one was called Cornfield Country, the set started in a cornfield for the first song, then changed to a beach/lighthouse scene for the next, back to the cornfield etc. The music was the new rap style country that I'm not a fan of, but the pace was rather slow.

the second was Up To The Beat Fitness with Gina B. Country Tunes Power Walk, she wasn't kidding. I think she sped the music up so Dolly Parton sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks. I had a hard time keeping up but it was fun .

Old 11-09-19, 07:06 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well PP, I like the idea of no verbal cueing! Can you provide a link to that and also to the Youtube thread? I am trying to get more into streaming,but I need guidance!

Recent workouts: Cathe Low Max, Cathe Lower intensity Step (from 4 day split) Amy Stepletics, Lesley 3 mile walk (one mile) and Crunch Cardio Dance with Jennifer Gialiardi.

Yes, SB the weather is definitely taking a turn for the worse for walking. I don't like this! On the positive side, my girlfriend and I just booked a week in Florida, so I will be beach walking, cycling and whatever else as of Dec. 1. on Anna Maria Island. Can't wait!
Old 11-10-19, 10:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workouts to report but I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Friday was very busy and cold so I never walked or worked out at all. Saturday I had my hair colored and a blowout so I wasn't going to ruin it with working out and I had work last night. Today I go to work in a little while so I doubt I'll work out.

PENGUIN, glad you're having so much fun exploring all the different youtube channels.

NORA, nice workouts. It looks like a lot of cardio, good for you. I have a hard time doing cardio dvds unfortunately. Lucky you going to Florida in a few weeks. Jealous .